Was just called and offered 2 jr suites and 500 obc for my OS

I told them no thanks but was just curious if any one else had experienced this

Careful here.

What's your status with Royal?

If the other person who wants your OS has more political pull, you could be out all together.

I hope not, but I could see it.

Based on what experience?

Personal? None

After being on these boards for 20 years, I have read reports from people seeking help.

They logged in to their account only to find the reservation had been cancelled. They call the cruise line, sorry, nothing we can do. Our records show that on XXX date you called and cancelled. Your cabin has already been sold.

Thinking back on it, none of these instances involved inside cabins. Always big suites.

What are the suite perks on Liberty? I know the are a big deal on Oasis class ships. I’ve considered booking suites on some of the older ships but have always gone with the two rooms instead. Thought the only thing was a lounge on these older ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are the suite perks on Liberty? I know the are a big deal on Oasis class ships. I’ve considered booking suites on some of the older ships but have always gone with the two rooms instead. Thought the only thing was a lounge on these older ships.

Don't forget the priority departure. That is highly coveted.

Also, you have a concierge who can basically act as your guest services. You never have to go down and wait on line, just ask the concierge to help you. That's a huge perk, imo.

Personal? None

After being on these boards for 20 years, I have read reports from people seeking help.

They logged in to their account only to find the reservation had been cancelled. They call the cruise line, sorry, nothing we can do. Our records show that on XXX date you called and cancelled. Your cabin has already been sold.

Thinking back on it, none of these instances involved inside cabins. Always big suites.

Don't see what that has to do with the whole political pull thing. Then again, suites are the hardest to come by so those would be the hardest to rebook. Hundreds of thousands of bookings a years, things are bound to go wrong sometimes. And suites guests, in my experience, are pros at the whole squeaky wheel game so that may explain only big suites in your memory.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Thanks Bob! Personally I think I’d take the $500 and two juniors. Unless the pricing discrepancy was bigger when I booked. I know on these older ships a grand is typically equal to two balconies so assuming the os to jr is similar. I just don’t get the hype about the perks. Doesn’t seem all that great to me on the older ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums