Edge Live & Restaurants!

Lastdance

Not according to Celebrity. If you are given Early or Late in one Dining room one table for 8 or 10 same Waiter & Busboy you can't change to the other Dining room other nights.

I would imagine if you want to move around and try different venues you would choose the “select” dining option. If you want a set dining time at the same table with the same wait staff each night, then choose traditional.

To me it sounds like they are trying to offer something to please everyone which is good.

You both seem to be right and thank you. I just found this from one of the links someone posted.

Quote:

TWO WAYS TO DINE, COUNTLESS OPPORTUNITIES

With Celebrity Traditional Dining, guests choose early or late seating, which allows them to enjoy dinner at the same table with the same waiter every evening. With this option, they will be assigned to one of the four main restaurants, while having the ability to experience the others upon request.

Celebrity has renamed its Celebrity Select Dining program Celebrity Select Dining Plus, now allowing guests to dine when and where they’d like to each evening; they can make reservations in any of the four restaurants at the time they wish.

End quote:

With that said, I guess I need to contact my TA to switch u all to "Celebrity Select Dinning Plus".

In October 2016 I was invited to a focus group to discuss this new concept. I was in one of 4 groups that day. Most of the people in my group though this concept might work but were skeptical. They were looking into significantly scaling back traditional dining since most passengers choose select. It will be interesting to see if they took any of our recommendations and how well this new concept will work.

So did anyone gather from the reveal how it works if you select traditional assigned dining, say late seating. Of course you will be assigned the same table and waiter, but will it be in just one of those four MDR's the entire 7 nights or will you rotate between them, taking your waiter with you (Disney style)?

I currently have traditional late seating selected, but I don't want to be assigned to just one of those dining rooms the entire cruise. If that is the case, maybe I better switch to Select Plus?

Based on the focus group I participated in, you would be assigned to one for the entire cruise. Just one side of the menu would change. I don’t know if they actually stuck with this concept.

I booked through a travel agent and also have traditional set dining. All the specialty restaurant options show available for me to reserve and book. I can even use my OBC to pay if I choose to. Of course the 4 included MDR’s don’t show because I already have a reserved table in one each evening. At this point I don’t know which one or how it’s determined which one Celebrity will assign.

-eroller- Thanks. I do now see the specialty dining options and being able to use OBC to pay. If you don't mind me asking, how did you reserve a table in each one of the 4 MDRs with the traditional set dining? I couldn't see an option to change it. Did your TA make the change? Thanks again.

-eroller- Thanks. I do now see the specialty dining options and being able to use OBC to pay. If you don't mind me asking, how did you reserve a table in each one of the 4 MDRs with the traditional set dining? I couldn't see an option to change it. Did your TA make the change? Thanks again.

I’m sorry my post wasn’t clear. I don’t have a reserved table in each one of the four restaurants, just one of them. Whichever one Celebrity assigns with my traditional late seating. It would be nice if we could request which one we prefer to be assigned to for the cruise, but I don’t see that option.

I’m sorry my post wasn’t clear. I don’t have a reserved table in each one of the four restaurants, just one of them. Whichever one Celebrity assigns with my traditional late seating. It would be nice if we could request which one we prefer to be assigned to for the cruise, but I don’t see that option.

Ok thanks for the clarification.

At this time, select is unavailable. I almost didn’t book for this reason, was told only 8:30 pm is available. We plan on booking the specialties, and hoping for an assignment we like. I’m hoping we can still sit at a table for two, that’s just our preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tried to do a dummy booking for my current sailing and this

is what came up. The option were, Anytime (was automatically checked), 6:30 (was available), and 8:30 (unavailable)

Customize the dining experience for your trip. Choose Celebrity Select Dining to dine at any time the main dining room is open, or choose a predetermined seating time if you wish to be seated the same time every evening.

Learn More About Select Dining

AnyAAnytime

Anytime (checked)

06:00 PM

08:30 PM

UNAVAILABLE

Desired time unavailable? Join the waitlist.

CLOSE

Dining Onboard

Available

Available on all ships, Celebrity Select Dining is our flexible dining option. With Celebrity Select Dining, guests can arrive to be seated for dinner in the main dining room at any time between 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm, or can make reservations to dine at any time they choose within that timeframe. Otherwise, it is a first-come, first-served seating. We strongly encourage reservations to ensure the best service and to avoid any potential wait times. While receiving the same amazing menu and service as the traditional, fixed seating, you can now experience dining on your time. You may dine with simply your own party or meet new friends!

Insider Tips:

Keep in mind only groups of 10 can be seated at one time. There is limited reservation availability between 7:00 and 8:00. You must be confirmed for Celebrity Select Dining and in a booked status to reserve.

End Quote

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I'm amazed at how well the ship is selling. For my sailing, a year off and during off-peak season (Feb 2019), Aqua Class, Concierge Class, and Verandah Staterooms are all sold out. Pretty amazing. Select and Early sitting are full. Late only or waitlist. Celebrity must be thrilled with how well this ship is selling and at very high per diems I might add.

After watching this I see nothing but chaos trying to figure it out! They say you have to make reservations when you call Celebrity. You are most likely not going to get "fixed" dining. I'm guessing you have to reserve your time for every night in the same location. It's very unclear if you choose to try each one you have to make reservations for them. This is going to confuse a lot of folks. And, how will this work? You may have too many for 1 dining room and you will, yet again, be put on a waiting list? More information needs to come about how this is going to work.

As far as the specialty restaurants, not my cup of tea and the prices are going to push a lot of folks to regular dining. For a special occasion it will work but wonder how others feel about it?

They yet again held back on Mast Grill, Ocean View Cafe and a few other dining venues that they aren't "revealing" now. Waste of time as far as I can see. But we are booked in January, 2019 and now have to figure out what the heck we are going to do. They are pushing things a bit too far, but that is my opinion. This idea failed on Royal and now we try it on Celebrity?

I do not and never have liked LLP. She is ditsy. Loves herself. They spoke so quickly you didn't get all of the information. It was like they were rushing to get it over with. Then we don't get invited to things like in the past.

I remember when Celebrity invited they Captain's Club members (of course we were a smaller group and paid for it) to a viewing and luncheon when ships arrived in ports for the first time. No more.

As I say, it is my take-away from watching the entire presentation and it left me just as confused as I was when I was reading about the "reveal".

Thank goodness we have 9 months to get it figured out. And, by the way, friends of ours are on the same cruise in the Royal Suite. He called about booking all specialty restaurants and asked about main dining. The rep. was also confused and told him they were just figuring it out!!!! Not good.

Pat C

Pat C - I think it will all get sorted out and answered by your cruise in January. We are on Edge on the January 20 cruise. Are you on that one too? I am not going to worry about it. It will be a great cruise on a new ship. There might be a few early wrinkles but everything will most likely be just fine.

I'm amazed at how well the ship is selling. For my sailing, a year off and during off-peak season (Feb 2019), Aqua Class, Concierge Class, and Verandah Staterooms are all sold out. Pretty amazing. Select and Early sitting are full. Late only or waitlist. Celebrity must be thrilled with how well this ship is selling and at very high per diems I might add.

It is indeed selling good even though the prices have gone up a lot. Our sailing still has availability mostly because they added the Dec 9th sailing and some moved to that sailing.

It is indeed selling good even though the prices have gone up a lot. Our sailing still has availability mostly because they added the Dec 9th sailing and some moved to that sailing.

No Teerick, we disembark Edge on the 20th and head to Silhouette at the same port. We are doing Edge with 18 others to give it a shot. We will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary on Edge and today I am going to attempt to book the steak place for that. Wish me luck!!!!

Our Thanksgiving 2019 is selling well, also.

We thought there would be wide open availability and there is not, at least for now...

bon voyage

We have select dining, and while I haven't tried to book any dining reservations, I am showing the ability to choose my restaurant and time in half hour increments. I thinking maybe I should book four reservations at each of the MDRs for the coveted 7:00 or 7:30 pm time slot now. I can always try to adjust them later.

We have select dining, and while I haven't tried to book any dining reservations, I am showing the ability to choose my restaurant and time in half hour increments. I thinking maybe I should book four reservations at each of the MDRs for the coveted 7:00 or 7:30 pm time slot now. I can always try to adjust them later.

Sounds like a good idea to book reservations now. I am thinking that as more people hear about the 4 room MDR (and review the menus), there may be more Edge bookings with more people pre-booking their dining reservations. Of course, there may be some who prefer a single MDR and will now cancel.

Our preview cruises seem to be filling up pretty fast so I have made our specialty reservations - some people may want to try the new venues on a shorter, less expensive cruise before investing in a longer cruise.

No Teerick, we disembark Edge on the 20th and head to Silhouette at the same port. We are doing Edge with 18 others to give it a shot. We will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary on Edge and today I am going to attempt to book the steak place for that. Wish me luck!!!!

Congrats on the 50 years! Did you call Celebrity to book the new steak place? I would not try to do that on line for a large group. Good luck!

Congrats on the 50 years! Did you call Celebrity to book the new steak place? I would not try to do that on line for a large group. Good luck!

Not yet. TEhe 3 couples have booked and received confirmation so NOW I will call Celebrity with their res. nos. and get it done. At least I will have the confirming e-mail showing the reservation. We are okay on-line with the booking but you know Celebrity!!! Have to confirm a dozen times before it's really okay.

Thanks for the wishes.

Past C

Congrats on your b day cruise. Me too and we also booked the Steakhouse. Looks like a great space and nice menu for a special Celebration!

Hopefully the Steak house has an area conducive to a large group..some specilty restaurants on other ships had nice little rooms or alcoves.,not sure what the steakhouse will offer.

In BLU on Infinity, they put the larger groups along the back ( side?) wall so they could have their own space and others could sit away and enjoy their dinners as well!