Prepare to be....DISAPPOINTED!!

So it served it´s purpose as from the title you should have been prepared for this.:'):'):'):')

I was getting so agitated with this entire post, and then reading the last post just made it totally worth it! haha!

To each their own with expectations, for sure (just my 2 cents).

Not to bring light to a creep, but there is a great clip of Louis CK doing a bit about flying on an airplane, and how it should be regarded as a technological marvel that you can sit in a seat, and fly in the air somewhere faster than you could ever drive - but when a perk like wi-fi goes out, certain people suddenly feel the product is absolute garbage.

This kind of goes the same way... You're on a floating city with a whole ship crew at your call, and it's a disappointment because a light is out, or a banana split wasn't served in a bowl? (OP - I know you had other gripes as listed in your post, though those stood out, as did the wilted lettuce).

My wife and I sailed on the Monarch's last voyage with RCI to the Bahamas - had previously been on the Mariner and the Jewel, so we had progressively stepped down in ship class. On our Monarch Trip, we cashed in credit card points and went on a whim when she was 3 months pregnant, knowing this would be the last time we'd take a vacation like that in a real long time.

Was the ship perfect? No.

Was it dated? Yes.

Were there little things 'broken' during the trip? Yes.

Did we have a good time? Absolutely!

The crew did their job and treated us as we've always been on any cruise with RCI. We spent 4 days in the Bahamas for about $100 out of pocket for the cruise (plus gratuities).

We went back just as excited for our next trip (whenever the heck that would be) talking to each other about how much fun it'll be to take our kids some day - and will continue to cruise with RCI because they've been nothing short of amazing.

There's a way to go about giving an honest, opinionated review about your trip or your experience. There are a lot of people that use this site as first-time cruisers to review different lines. Using a catch all post title like that isn't the fairest way to go about it.

I won't question the content of it - but as others pointed out - it's merely opinion (well - except for the profanity laced music... I have a 4 and 2 year old - I wouldn't be too happy about that either).

RCI cares about their customers' opinions. Think about it - they want to do whatever they can to keep you coming back because they know one bad experience could be all it takes for you to be done with them.

Too many people launch social media crusades against places because they want something for feeling like they were wronged. I'm not saying thats what you did - but kudos to you for reaching out to the right people to give feedback. I know they look for it - and act on it.

So yeah - sorry if this was all over the place. Not my intention to start a post-war about who is right and wrong to post what. Just putting a thought (or ten or so ;p ) out there!

Thank you for the details on what to look for - especially with a ship that is due to head into dry dock.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

When you put warm salmon on top of lettuce, the lettuce does wilt. That's not the same as being rotten.

Definitely, the post lives up to the title!

Agreed... the lettuce is all wet so of course will wilt ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He said that it was cordoned off. Obviously the ship's crew had seen it and nothing had been done to clean it up.

Maybe the crew had to go and retrieve items to properly clean it up...and maybe the person who puked should clean up after themselves or their children... not the staffers fault

Maybe the crew had to go and retrieve items to properly clean it up...and maybe the person who puked should clean up after themselves or their children... not the staffers fault

Violently ill people are rarely up to "properly" cleaning up. Parent of violently ill children are usually more concerned with their child than "properly" cleaning up.

Violently ill people are rarely up to "properly" cleaning up. Parent of violently ill children are usually more concerned with their child than "properly" cleaning up.

If I puked in public I would clean up after myself... not sure why you would leave your puke for someone else but to me is more disgusting than OP blaming the crew... parents are responsible for taking care of their children including cleaning up their puke ... if that is in fact what happened as OP only saw the quarantined puke and not the person who was ill... but still can't blame the staff as they may have been dealing with the situation just not at the pile of puke when OP walked by it... as I stated the staff may have been getting items to "properly"clean up the puke which was OP complaint that no one was attending to it... that the OP could see...

If I puked in public I would clean up after myself... not sure why you would leave your puke for someone else but to me is more disgusting than OP blaming the crew... parents are responsible for taking care of their children including cleaning up their puke ... if that is in fact what happened as OP only saw the quarantined puke and not the person who was ill... but still can't blame the staff as they may have been dealing with the situation just not at the pile of puke when OP walked by it... as I stated the staff may have been getting items to "properly"clean up the puke which was OP complaint that no one was attending to it... that the OP could see...

Have you ever been so violently ill / nauseated that you brought up everything in your stomach?

For the first bit, you are absolutely right.

Theres a special team, with a special machine and equipment, they themselves have to wear protective equipment (and this isn't just on RC ships either). This way its done properly, sanitised efficiently, and its less likely to spread to other guest when moving through the ship to dispose of it...

As crew, if it happens, you block of the area (which was done) and call the number for the poor guys to come and do their job, sometimes, if they're already on a call it might take a little longer than some people would like.

FWIW, Ive seen this happen in the Windjammer, Dining Room, outside and elevator and in the kids club. You close off the area, move guests away and wait for it do be done properly. Doesn't matter if your crew and 'you don't mind doing it' or you'd rather do it so you can get on and do your job, thanks to much stricter USPH and CDC rules than on land, its just not allowed...

The last bit, Id rather they go back to their cabin and isolate themselves so I have less chance of getting sick too, or it happening again...

Yeah I had to chime in here too. Seems like your biggest issue (in all CAPS!) was with profanity in one song. Really??? Do you live in a bubble? Do you think its 1950? That's a great song, and perfectly suited to the environment at the Flowrider. The rest of your issues were really petty and minor, but that's what I would expect from someone who mostly was whining about hearing PROFANITY in music (gasp!!).

Everywhere you go there are some people who are never going to be satisfied. My mother-in-law is like that... complains about everything, never happy, shes a nightmare to take to dinner or on a cruise. I wont go with her, but my wife and children have. The kids have sworn off ever going again. These are young adults who would rather NOT go on a free cruise than to go with grandma. Your complains sound a lot like hers.

I wouldn't ever go with my parents no way never in this lifetime! Mom finds negative in everything, mom complains about anything, mom wants everybody do serve her hand and foot and she acts like she is the only person around. Dad is not as bad, he is loud, he is judgmental about people then opens his mouth loud about it and people hear it, not mentioning I am embarrassed to be around them in pubic! :eek:

I wouldn't ever go with my parents no way never in this lifetime! Mom finds negative in everything, mom complains about anything, mom wants everybody do serve her hand and foot and she acts like she is the only person around. Dad is not as bad, he is loud, he is judgmental about people then opens his mouth loud about it and people hear it, not mentioning I am embarrassed to be around them in pubic! :eek:

My parents are just the opposite. We never go on a cruise without bringing them. They are so content to just come along no matter what I plan for them.

@CruiseGirl your parents combined sound like my mother in law LOL. Shes so loud and complains and makes this face like shes smelling poo all the time, she expects everyone (even us) to wait on her and do everything for her, and she says such completely inappropriate things to people. Like rude stuff, or she will tell people how good looking they are and will touch them even! We have to tell her she cant do that, she says because shes old she can do whatever she wants. Its funny in a way, but pretty embarrassing!

And she always expects to be included in everything we do, cruises, trips, even like our anniversary vacation she honestly feels we should invite her along! Now we do things with her, but not EVERYTHING! But we have to sneak and lie about going places all the time, which is ridiculous. Do you know how hard it is to hide going on a vacation, just so she doesn't get mad that she wasn't invited??

I would certainly hope that you would NOT clean up your own vomit. I doubt you travel with the proper cleaning utensils such as mop, bucket and the cleaners that would sanitize the area.

I would certainly hope that you would NOT clean up your own vomit. I doubt you travel with the proper cleaning utensils such as mop, bucket and the cleaners that would sanitize the area.

I don't go around puking in public places... however, I would certainly take responsibility and try to assist in the clean up if possible.. on a cruise they clearly have protocol to clean up such things... I certainly would feel bad about it if I did... and would offer to do something ... if this were my child I certainly would do what I could to clean it up...

Why even go? Because I can!

Well you've already decided you're going to be disappointed, so most likely you will be. In my experience when people go into something looking for negatives, they will definitely find some. Self fulfilling prophecy, it's human nature.

I can almost guarantee you won't be amazed and "blown away" by RC compared to Carnival and NCL. You may like one or the other better, but they are all pretty similar at the end of the day.