Classic Drink Package Perk

LorraineP

First time choosing Classic Drink Package as a perk, do you leave an extra gratuity for each drink whether alcohol, specialty coffee, juice? I was told when I called Celebrity that an 18% is already included in the perk.

Gratuities are already included. No additional tip required unless you want to. We rarely do, unless we have an exceptional bartender...

Conversely, I always do (unless I'm just walking up to the bar to request a bottle of water). Just goes to show the OP that there are a wide range of responses to that question.

Conversely, I always do (unless I'm just walking up to the bar to request a bottle of water). Just goes to show the OP that there are a wide range of responses to that question.

That is wonderful. As I stated, we do with exceptional service, however, please realize that if you leave $1 per cocktail, this equals a total of a 28 to 30 percent tip...:eek:...I think the 18 percent tip is just fine. :D

Although we have tipped the occasional bartender extra at the end of a cruise for outstanding service it is neither expected nor necessary. We've always gotten excellent service (as evidenced by the fact that we tipped at the end of the cruise and not the beginning or during the cruise). You will not be made to feel awkward either way.

First time choosing Classic Drink Package as a perk, do you leave an extra gratuity for each drink whether alcohol, specialty coffee, juice? I was told when I called Celebrity that an 18% is already included in the perk.

Yes gratuity is already included. Enjoy your BP. You're not driving. ;p

Thank you all. Just wasn’t sure what is expected. When we cruise with RCL & have drinks in lounges or bars during C&A Happy Hour we tip $1 per drink & last night give a little extra if there was someone extra attentive.

Thank you all. Just wasn’t sure what is expected. When we cruise with RCL & have drinks in lounges or bars during C&A Happy Hour we tip $1 per drink & last night give a little extra if there was someone extra attentive.

The difference is that one is a perk (beverage package) and the other is free drink due to your Crown and Anchor level. If your question was about tipping in the evening cocktail time for Elite level and up your answers would have probably been different.

The difference is that one is a perk (beverage package) and the other is free drink due to your Crown and Anchor level. If your question was about tipping in the evening cocktail time for Elite level and up your answers would have probably been different.

We always tip $1 a drink at the Elite evening happy hour. Just never had a beverage package before & was unsure what to do.

Gratuities are already included. No additional tip required unless you want to. We rarely do, unless we have an exceptional bartender...

That is wonderful. As I stated, we do with exceptional service, however, please realize that if you leave $1 per cocktail, this equals a total of a 28 to 30 percent tip...:eek:...I think the 18 percent tip is just fine. :D

My sentiments exactly.

We always tip $1 a drink at the Elite evening happy hour. Just never had a beverage package before & was unsure what to do.

If you do care to leave a tip, you will need cash, you don't get anything to sign with the bevy package. I spend a lot of time at the Word Class Bar and I hand them a $5 at the end of the evening. I find it does make my drinks come a little faster than they otherwise would;)

A small gratuity to the cocktail waiter or waitress is $ well spent.....You won't have to try to flag someone down if you want a second....or third....or fourth drink at dinner.....And the next night, he or she will be at your table when you are seated ready to take your order

If you do care to leave a tip, you will need cash, you don't get anything to sign with the bevy package. I spend a lot of time at the Word Class Bar and I hand them a $5 at the end of the evening. I find it does make my drinks come a little faster than they otherwise would;)

If you wish to put it on your account (and spend that non-refundable OBC), you can ask for a "Zero Bill" and add an additional gratuity to it. We've done that before.

If you wish to put it on your account (and spend that non-refundable OBC), you can ask for a "Zero Bill" and add an additional gratuity to it. We've done that before.

LOL, I don't ever have a problem spending that OBC. Well to be more precise Mrs. TFLG has no problem;)

We had the Classic package on our last cruise, but didn't tip extra for every drink, every time. We did leave a couple bucks now and then to the bartenders in our favorite spots that waited on us regularly. Never had to wait for a drink, and got checked up on regularly.:D

And that is perfectly fine as well. Some people choose never to tip above the minimum amount required, some people do it occasionally, and some people do it all the time. There is no one, definitive, correct way to do it.

Oh, and I do of course realize what tipping extra means on a percentage basis when added to the automatic tip. BTW, I always tip with $2 bills, not $1 bills, so that might really cause your head to explode if you try to figure the total tip percentage.

And that is perfectly fine as well. Some people choose never to tip above the minimum amount required, some people do it occasionally, and some people do it all the time. There is no one, definitive, correct way to do it.

Oh, and I do of course realize what tipping extra means on a percentage basis when added to the automatic tip. BTW, I always tip with $2 bills, not $1 bills, so that might really cause your head to explode if you try to figure the total tip percentage.

I tipped with Sacagawea dollar coins once. USPS used them for making change in their stamp machines and I'd accumulated some. Most of the barmen on that cruise were Filipinos and more than once they thought it was a quarter. One must have thought it was some game piece as he tossed it in the trash. His partner knew better and fished it out.