Have you ever done the exact same cruise on the exact same ship?

gozagswoohoo

I'm sailing on the Dream in December this year. I sailed on her 2011 and had an excellent time!

The differences is the Dream was sailing out of Port Canaveral and now she's out of New Orleans.

Can't wait to sail on her again!

Many, many times. The ship is the destination for me, and I rarely leave it, in any port. I've sailed "Paradise" 14 times, out of Tampa, and it always goes to Cozumel, and on five day to Grand Cayman. No problem,,,,as I enjoy the ship when everybody else is ashore,,,,no matter where we are. LOL

"SKY"

• 6 months later...

Have been thinking about this a lot lately. The last cruise we did in July was amazing and it was my kids first cruise and they are begging to go back. I want to do the same cruise against next July, in fact, the same cabin is available as well :-). My wife would like to do something else, but this cruise is just convenient for price, port and time of year.

I don't see an issue with it, after all people do other vacations the same over and over (i.e. Disney or resort somewhere, etc.).

My question though, can anyone come up with good reasons not to do this, besides just to try something different. Did people find it boring or maybe the 2nd time didn't have the same wow factor, etc.

(apologies for resurrecting a post last updated in March)

Thanks!

Anybody else take it a step further and book the same room over and over?

M11 on the Imagination is our little home away from home. Haha

Did that on Liberty last year. Same cruise, same cabin two weeks apart. Also booked the same cruise and same cabin on Vista several months apart last year. However, after the first Vista cruise I cancelled the second Vista cruise and booked a cruise on Magic instead. I am not a big fan of the Vista class ships.

We were on the Miracle in February. We are booked on the Miracle in November and also have the same cabin. The itinerary will be the same ports but reversed. Since you are looking at cruise a year apart, the crew and cruise director will be different so it will be a different experience. If the price is right for you, go for it.

Sorry, anyone that does the same ship, to the same ports is simply just missing out. Too many cruise lines, too many ships, and too many destinations available to do this.

You are wrong. Some people go cruising to relax and it’s not necessarily about the ship or the ports. However, many times you simply cannot do or see it all by going once. This goes for the ship and especially the ports. The larger ships have a lot to do and it can be hard to do it all in one sailing. The ports have more than one excursion so it’s nice to be able to do something different if you want to. Or if there’s something that you really liked, maybe you want to go there again. Like a restaurant. You know what to expect and it was good before so you become a repeat customer.

I have no problem with going on the same ship multiple times or to the same ports. Sometimes I don’t get off the ship to enjoy it without a lot of people and just chill. I don’t have time or so much of a desire to go to Europe or Alaska on a cruise right now, so the Caribbean it is. I love the beach and warm weather and it suits me just fine. Sorry, but I am not missing out on anything. I know what I like and, therefore, that’s what I do.

I’m not opposed to different cruise lines and have looked into them. But they haven’t had what I’m looking for at the time either due to price or logistics. If/when they do I’m not opposed to trying something different. In the mean time I’ll vacation how I want to and couldn’t care less if someone thinks I’m foolish.

Sorry, anyone that does the same ship, to the same ports is simply just missing out. Too many cruise lines, too many ships, and too many destinations available to do this.

Well that certainly is an opinion.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why?

We sail now 5 times a year. Sailed with 8 lines 38 cruises, but for example for Thanksgiving Anthem has convenient itinerary for us from NJ. Short drive, nice for Northeastern sailing ship. We aren't missing anything. For Christmas/New Year we have nice sailing out of Baltimore on Grandeur... several.times during the last years. Yet we have "long distance" cruises now and then (out of Florida, Europe etc)

If we had 1 cruise per year we would choose something various probably.

We have done sister ships and multiple similar/identical routes. If you cruise enough, your options - at least within a particular line are somewhat limited.

I don’t really sail for the ship itself, don’t need the bells and whistles, and don’t seem to care for the larger ships. Of course I have learned this by trying different things. But would that stop me from repeating? No - but I would lean to trying something new when practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well that certainly is an opinion.....

Yes, it is but I stand by my statement anyhow. There are lot's of cruiselines and lots of ships. No reason to do the same ship to the exact same ports. There are two aspects that are important to me when cruising and that's the ship and where we are going. I look to make both new and exciting even if means sailing a new line or at least a different ship on a specific line. You'd never catch me sailing the Liberty to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Jamaica more than once in our lifetime. Sorry, that's just not worth my money. I'd rather sail a different line and/or ship on that itinerary to at least get something new out of it even if it means paying more and taking Princess, Holland, MSC, etc. If you've done 80 cruises, I get it. If you've only done a few and you're doing that already I feel sorry for you ....... People that do this are simply too nervous, or too cheap, or too scared to go outside their comfort zone and fear being disappointed. They'll tell you it's because they had fun but I beg to differ. These are the same people that always eat at the same restaurant and get the same meal. Too risky for them to try something else and can't deal with possible disappointment. This is just like cruisers who have only sailed one line. In the end it's your money and do whatever you want with your money.

Yes, it is but I stand by my statement anyhow. There are lot's of cruiselines and lots of ships. No reason to do the same ship to the exact same ports. There are two aspects that are important to me when cruising and that's the ship and where we are going. I look to make both new and exciting even if means sailing a new line or at least a different ship on a specific line. You'd never catch me sailing the Liberty to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Jamaica more than once in our lifetime. Sorry, that's just not worth my money. I'd rather sail a different line and/or ship on that itinerary to at least get something new out of it even if it means paying more and taking Princess, Holland, MSC, etc. If you've done 80 cruises, I get it. If you've only done a few and you're doing that already I feel sorry for you ....... People that do this are simply too nervous, or too cheap, or too scared to go outside their comfort zone and fear being disappointed. They'll tell you it's because they had fun but I beg to differ. These are the same people that always eat at the same restaurant and get the same meal. Too risky for them to try something else and can't deal with possible disappointment. This is just like cruisers who have only sailed one line. In the end it's your money and do whatever you want with your money.

You have no idea what is important to them (or me). You can feel sorry or not, and it can have zero to do with being too nervous, too cheap (have no idea what that has to do with it anyway) or to scared to go outside comfort zone, or fear being disappointed. Not everybody has the same desires, does not want to do something different and I can go on and on. I have been on 36 Carnival cruises 44 total, 4 different lines and done land trips on 5 continents.....guess what, none of any of those had anything to do with me doing a repeat (or anything else...). We enjoyed it and wanted to experience it again, nothing more...and nothing less.

You have no idea what is important to them (or me). You can feel sorry or not, and it can have zero to do with being too nervous, too cheap (have no idea what that has to do with it anyway) or to scared to go outside comfort zone, or fear being disappointed. Not everybody has the same desires, does not want to do something different and I can go on and on. I have been on 36 Carnival cruises 44 total, 4 different lines and done land trips on 5 continents.....guess what, none of any of those had anything to do with me doing a repeat (or anything else...). We enjoyed it and wanted to experience it again, nothing more...and nothing less.

I booked the Sensation twice within 6 months doing the exact same ship and ports.

She left from Tampa with stops in New Orleans and western Caribbean.

We traveled with other people who didn't want to do a lot of things so when we had the chance to go back on our own 6 months later we jumped on it.

Then we were able to do the things we missed the first cruise.

Bill

My opinion was pretty much summed up well by Firemanbobswife. The larger ships have so much to do that you may not be able to fit it all in on one cruise. I have only done one ship repeat and it was nice as I already knew where everything was!!! Ship classes are the same way - if you've been on one it doesn't take long to get the layout figured out on a sister ship.

There are usually so many things to check out at each port that I have always tried something different each visit. San Juan has so much to do that I am looking into a land vacation as one day is just not enough. We've tried several different excursions at Cozumel but the last 4 have been Nachi Cocom (love it when this is the last port of call on a cruise). I have not stayed on board at any port yet but am seriously considering it for future visits to certain ports. I tend to do this at embarkation ports as well. I will try different locations but once I find one I like - that will be my go to hotel.

It is so interesting to read the reviews that people are kind enough to post. There are so many different ways to customize a cruise to fit each person or family. You also read some where cruising is just not for them. But as so many have noted, you can do as much or as little as you like and if you can't find anything to eat.......no comment :)

You have no earthly idea what others are thinking and your assumptions are both ridiculous and quite insulting.

Please note that I don't brag about where I've been in my signature line. I've been to many places on this planet and enjoyed most. You also have no clue what any of us are doing with our money or why. And to assume some aren't really having fun is ludicrous.

What a boob.

LOL! I just about spit my drink out at the screen!

Sounds to me like they are never satisfied and are continuously searching for something better. Those of us that are happy with our experiences and choices don't need to worry about if the grass is greener on the other side. Everyone doesn't like the same thing so why concern yourself about what other people may or may not be missing?

I do what I want when I want and at my own pace. Nothing to do with being scared, worried about disappointment, or whatever. If I find something that works for me I might stick with it until it doesn't anymore. Or I might not. Just depends on what I feel like. But never have I been sorry that I've done the same ship, same itinerary, or went to the same places (such as Disney, or whatnot). Each trip is different and unique even if it looks the same on paper. I would do each and every one of them again without changing a thing if I could go back in time.

You sound like my friend who says anyone who only sleeps with one person is missing out. Probably explains why he has never married and I have been married over 30 years.