Bye bye libraries?

mykeb14

Would be very sorry to see it go. Very often take out books and leave books we brought behind

As an avid reader when cruising' date=' I too will be very sad. I understand the rationale—it’s not a money maker—and cruise lines are doing everything to make more money. Just very sad at this thought, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All of this might be true if not a notion someone mentioned because of something John said in a post. Just maybe it was him filling space and asking because it is a venue for exactly that.....imagine if everything that happens on a Carnival cruise ship is not a cutback....oh wait it isn't

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All of this might be true if not a notion someone mentioned because of something John said in a post. Just maybe it was him filling space and asking because it is a venue for exactly that.....imagine if everything that happens on a Carnival cruise ship is not a cutback....oh wait it isn't

Except he actually said that he and the beards are considering various options and “more on that later”

Times change. Libraries are a thing of the past for the vast majority of people. If it was not for the computers and internet access in most public libraries you would see them closing the doors also. In my local library for every 50 people to walk in the door to access technology maybe 1 is interested in a book.

Except he actually said that he and the beards are considering various options and “more on that later”

I bet they “consider options” on lots of things that never happen. Maybe just possibly even if something were to happen it might not be a cutback either.

I don’t understand what point you are trying to make. I chose Carnival and I have 3 college degrees, my husband has 4 college degrees....not that degrees are good indicators of intelligence because I know alot of folks who are highly intelligent, especially in their respective fields, who have chosen not to go into debt and go to college. And I would bet they’re on Carnival & other cruise lines too.

Wow, What in the world are you talking about. CCL = Fun. That is their whole mantra! The guy said he didn’t want to read he wanted to have fun... and I said... well it is Carnival.

So you just jump to the negative huh?

Most definitely. However, I don’t think that was the point that poster meant when he/she stated, “Well it is Carnival”...

Thanks for recognizing that it was not what that other poster assumed. I mean there was a smiley face with a wink and everything.

Wow, What in the world are you talking about. CCL = Fun. That is their whole mantra! The guy said he didn’t want to read he wanted to have fun... and I said... well it is Carnival.

So you just jump to the negative huh?

Nope. I compared what you highlighted from my post, plus your words “Well it is Carnival” and inferred you were perhaps referring to intelligence or a lack there of. If I am wrong, please accept my apologies.

Nope. I compared what you highlighted from my post, plus your words “Well it is Carnival” and inferred you were perhaps referring to intelligence or a lack there of. If I am wrong, please accept my apologies.

You were wrong, and I do accept the apology. :)

I happen to like Carnival quite a bit... I worked for them in reservations in Colorado Springs for 3 years from 1999 to 2002, which is where my true cruise addiction began.

Bingo.

I like the libraries. I take my own books to read on cruises (I go to our public library the week before and check a few out), but I like going in there to play board games or just sit somewhere quiet and air conditioned to read.

I don’t think bingo would work there......

Point is he mentions many things....to fill space.

I don't consider the answers he gets to be scientific, but I bet they fairly indicate which way the wind is blowing. Some are innocuous, some are testing the water before a change.

Part of his job is entertainment and to keep the blog at the top of the pile. Part of it is throwing stuff up against the wall to see if it sticks. I guess the point is Carnival is always looking the cruise experience and what they can do to improve. To the surprise of some here, one may not even be a cutback.

On a fairly recent cruise aboard the Pride and walking around we came across the chapel, another space not oft used. Despite the basher mentality (not you) this process is healthy and progressive. Whether the library stays or goes or asking is fluff or substance with is really not the point.

On a fairly recent cruise aboard the Pride and walking around we came across the chapel, another space not oft used. Despite the basher mentality (not you) this process is healthy and progressive. Whether the library stays or goes or asking is fluff or substance with is really not the point.

We had at least one couple, sneaking into the chapel to have sex. It gets use. :eek: While you wouldn't notice at sea, this chapel brings in revenue from newlyweds, 3 couples if I remember correctly.

The Library not only fails to bring in revenue, it cost money to maintain. Complimentary amenities turning into cash grabs, I'm not sure that's always "healthy and progressive". What if the pool and hot tubs got replaced by a Ferris wheel, that required tickets?

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Library is not a money maker.

whoever said that libraries were there to make money . It is a place to relax and have some quiet time . And if the library is not making money it looks like everyone is turning their books back on time NO LATE FEES .