Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

Cruises and past cruises is the same thing - past sailings. The dashboard should show your current bookings - if it doesn't that means there's something wrong with your account display.

Nope just the past 3 cruises... not the future booking UNLESS I go retrieve it. Will wait til next week to call IT (oh joy!)

Well surprise, surprise, surprise; I was actually able to log in, go to the cruise I have booked for October, get into the payment area and actually make a payment tonight. It only took them from March 20th to April 11th to get that little piece of the ‘new and improved?’ website working. I can’t count the time between March 8th and 20th because; I didn’t know I couldn’t make a payment because I couldn’t log into their ‘new and improved?’ website until March 20th.

I am still greatly underwhelmed with the new website though.

Well surprise, surprise, surprise; I was actually able to log in, go to the cruise I have booked for October, get into the payment area and actually make a payment tonight. It only took them from March 20th to April 11th to get that little piece of the ‘new and improved?’ website working. I can’t count the time between March 8th and 20th because; I didn’t know I couldn’t make a payment because I couldn’t log into their ‘new and improved?’ website until March 20th.

I am still greatly underwhelmed with the new website though.

I was fortunate only 7 days from new site Roll out, did the Email into new site and all my info and 8 future cruises/planner were all straight...

Found kind of a solution, if you go to the RCI webpage and click “Already Booked” and then click “make a payment” you can just enter the cruise details and booking ref (without having to log in) and it will show you the remaining balance and you can make payments to it.

If you want to see their booking (not that you can see much on the new system) you have to create an account for each cabin that you’re not in. Very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! I've used that way to get into my account a couple of times. When it gets closer to final payment, I'll advise each of them how to do it on-line or just give them the RCI rep number to call. Once they all make their final payments, I'll call RCI to link our dining reservations. Positive thinking!!;)

I guess the Countdown to Cruise status bar that used to be at the top of the RCCL site is gone ? I really enjoyed that status/ticker bar. Thats too bad, not a fan of the new layout of the site.

A countdown appeared in my account this morning. Not much of one, but it's there.

1797816548_ScreenShot2018-04-12at1_02_23PM.thumb.jpg.646dd28fb61a732387f80a870f029ebf.jpg

I most often cruise on Celebrity, but have done some on Royal as well. When I recently logged into my Royal account (mine are not synchronized yet, thankfully) and looked at my cruise history, there is a cruise that's showing that I did not take! It offers none of the information the others do, such as ship, date, number of nights. It's kind of baffling. Anyone else have similar occurrences?

I most often cruise on Celebrity, but have done some on Royal as well. When I recently logged into my Royal account (mine are not synchronized yet, thankfully) and looked at my cruise history, there is a cruise that's showing that I did not take! It offers none of the information the others do, such as ship, date, number of nights. It's kind of baffling. Anyone else have similar occurrences?

That is likely the Jan 2011 time of transition between points per cruise to points per night - yes, others who have history beyond that reported it.

That is likely the Jan 2011 time of transition between points per cruise to points per night - yes, others who have history beyond that reported it.

Thanks. This just appeared about a month ago. Never saw it before that.

Received an email from RCCL telling me that the website is now fully functional. This is true but it seems to be missing features that the old system had such as selecting cabin set up and dining preferences. I consider these essential features as I do not want to call RCCL and wait ages to change these items. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Received an email from RCCL telling me that the website is now fully functional. This is true but it seems to be missing features that the old system had such as selecting cabin set up and dining preferences. I consider these essential features as I do not want to call RCCL and wait ages to change these items. Am I missing something?

Completely agree - you can’t even cancel the cruise now.

Things I consider essential that used to be on the website that I now have to call for:

- ability to change cabin

- link bookings

- manage other family members cabins on my login

- bed preferences

- celebrations

- cancellations

Simple things, but was great having access to do it.

Anytime I’ve called it’s been a very long wait and it’s usually been a disaster, in saying that I called the other night to switch cabins and it was a few minute wait and they were able to do it quickly without problems so hopefully that’s a sign it’s improved.

My biggest annoyance about the site is not being able to manage other family members accounts. I have family that don’t use the internet and wouldn’t know what to do, so I’ve always booked their cabins on my accounts and managed it. Because of the new system I had to create 6 new email addresses to set up 6 new accounts (can use an email already associated with another account) all just so I can log in and manage it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had a reservation booked directly online prior to the Website changes, with refundable deposit.

Only the balance due migrated to the changed website. Can’t see any previous payments now (like deposit amounts and dates). That history was one of the features I liked making my own booking.

What a barebones system.

Might use a TA to book from now on.

Points listed on Dashboard is correct.

However, when I click past cruises, one is listed at 19 points, just one date, (not like the others, with a start and finish date) The date is 3 days after a previous cruise ended. The total points when added up is incorrect and does not match the correct number on the dashboard.

SIGH.......................

I haven't looked at all the pages so please forgive if something like this has already been posted. This was my answer from Crown and Anchor when I complained that they had my number, points and level wrong.

"With the launch of the new Universal Guest Account, onceit was guests had access to log in, the membership needed to be manually addedin the top right corner of the Dashboard, according to the instructions wereceived. It will take 24 hours for themembership to be linked to the online account.

It looks like in your case, an inactive/ incorrectmembership numbers was linked. Regrettably we do not know how to proceed onamending the number. Therefore, we have forwarded the information to ourdedicated team ( guestaccounthelp@rccl.com) that will be addressing this concern directly to you. "

I don't know about anyone else but I didn't enter an incorrect C&A number.

A countdown appeared in my account this morning. Not much of one, but it's there.

Well at least there is one. I liked the old one better,It started right after you booked. Not a big fan of the Dashboard page. I thought it was great the way it was.

Not a big fan of the Dashboard page. I thought it was great the way it was.

It seems that this was done to make it look like the new RCI app and the timing may have been pushed to meet the debut of Symphony. Here's part of an article in which Bayley talks about Excalbur:

Travel agents remain the key channel and the company provides a wide range of support including technology, marketing and sales support. TheExcalibur app, for instance, is a multimillion-dollar investment in a communication platform for Royal’s universal community, which includes agents, passengers and staff. The intention is to migrate from traditional to digital communication platforms with many customer, agent and staff needs served by Excalibur.

Bayley foresees that by year end, the Excalibur app will be used on half the fleet. 'It is an ambitious project and will be quite transformational,' he said.

Edited by Biker19

At best it is wishful thinking on the part of whoever sent the email.

This may a shed a little light on what is going on with the preference selections and provide help for those still having problems with this glorious new website. The following are extracts from the email I received from the “Royal Caribbean Cruises Digital Team” yesterday evening. At last I have FINALLY seen something from a Royal Caribbean entity that actually says we must use an email address and password on for our accounts.

Our new Guest Account capability is well-intended and will ultimately make everyone’s life easier by having one username (an email address) and password and a unified account that will make using our various systems seamless whether onshore or at sea.

Features previously available on the website including selection of guest preferences and viewing airline information will be available in future releases. We are continually updating the functionality of our site, and we encourage you to check back weekly. If there is a specific feature you require for an upcoming cruise, please contact the Crown & Anchor Society Desk at (800) 526-9723 to register your preferences.

Should you need to manager your balance, please go to https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/make-a-payment and enter in your reservation number, last name, ship and sail date. In the coming months we will add buttons in the dashboard that will allow you to make your payment.

Unquote

(cut and paste the link to make-a-payment link into your browser if you need to use it.)

I don’t know what everyone else was seeing, but on that last item I quoted the link (button) to ‘make payment’ was there on both of the cruises I have booked from March 20th when I was finally able to log into my account on their new system, it just generating connection errors until April 11th.

As I said I would do, if they had the system fixed to where I could make payments, I have resumed making payments on the two cruises I have booked and plan to sail on them as scheduled. However I also told the ‘Royal Caribbean Cruises Digital Team’ I am not considering any future bookings with any of the RCCL family until I am convinced that the problems have been resolved and I can complete the two cruises without other major issues. Then ended the email I sent back in response with “NO LONGER LOYAL TO ROYAL and wondering if I will book again.” I am not considering any future bookings with any line in the RCCL family until I am convinced that all their problems have been resolved and I can complete the two cruises without other major issues; which means the next RCCL family cruise I book, if any, will be for a sailing in the first part of 2021, since I am currently looking at the fall of 2019 and 2020.

Edited by LeeRB
Have to cleanup a couple links will repost once I find correct info.