Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

Tried to log in to my booked cruises and notice a new sign in screen. It's asking to confirm oneself by asking for DOB, cell # etc. Concerned that it is not RCL. Has anyone noticed and is it for real.

[Previously posted on Celebrity Cruises]

Hello,

Well I have just done battle with the new 'merged' RCI & CC web site - accessed via Crown and Anchor not Captains' Club - I'll try that when I feel stronger!

Some of Personal Details have gone.

My C&A Membership no. has gone.

My Cruise History as gone.

My On-Board preferences have gone.

It shows one forthcoming RCI cruise but not the X cruise.

I'll reserve final judgement until I try a check-in.

I would make one general point speaking as a retired IT Director. Criticism of the RCI/X IT department is probably misplaced. Yes, mistakes have frequently been made but that those mistakes have been published is the fault of the RCI/X Change Control Management system and specifically the 'owner' of the project/upgrade that is being released. IT people don't make changes off their own bat.

Before I allowed anything into the production environment it had to be tested from somewhere outside of the company's system and using a non-company device. That way any 'friendly' company settings otherwise not available to the general public working from their spare rooms would not affect the operation. Once that had been done and the project change owner had verified the testing and confirmed the positive outcome then as Change Control Manager would I approve the release of the change from test to Live.

If RCI want my consultancy, they can have it - for an enormous fee.

Regards,

Cublet

What a nightmare! They broke the internet. I can't believe that I had to do the leg work of putting my C & A info and cruises in there. Once I finally gleaned all of that info and made it sort of work, I tried to check some pricing on cruises and that is broken as well. I guess that they have turned off booking new cruises until they can fix this horrible mess.

I had the same. Once in, it listed just 1 of 3 reservations I currently have. I had to add the other two again. It also added a suffix if Jr to my name. I do have a son who is a junior but they had my dob. I have to check his account still to see what surprises await.

And also I had to reenter my C&A number. It doesn't seem to recognize my previous cruise history. It does say my C&A account is "pending". Maybe that will come back to life with time.

All and all, pretty ugly and inefficient. RCCL knows cruises, they don't know tech and they have proven it once again.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh. After I finally realized the site wanted a new password because my old one was missing one of the requirements, I got in. So I dug back through my emails and found all the booking numbers I need since with this new website you have to start from scratch and enter all of your booking numbers so it can find all of your cruises. Now it says my C&A number is not valid. It finally found all of my bookings but all I can see is the type of cabin I booked and nothing else. I was hoping to grab another discounted excursion before the sale ended but I cannot navigate this new site. I have an email into C&A, but I am sure they are having a busy day. Hopefully it will sort itself out and the new website will be amazing with no bugs or glitches. :D

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. :eek:

For me right now.....YES IT IS. I CAN'T EVEN SEE WHAT'S IN MY BOOKED CRUISE!!! The date is there and the ship but where am I going.. Thankfully I have already printed my set sail pass but no luggage tags.

It is real. But it's glitchy. (I know hard to believe the RCI site isn't working right) I set it all up and yes the C&A was not showing, so I logged in again under C&A and it popped right in. Also my upcoming cruise IS showing on the list, but can't click on it like previously. In order to get to the Cruise Planner you have to go to the main site, find the excursions link, enter your reservation# and sailing, then it will bring it all up.

I had the same. Once in, it listed just 1 of 3 reservations I currently have. I had to add the other two again. It also added a suffix if Jr to my name. I do have a son who is a junior but they had my dob. I have to check his account still to see what surprises await.

And also I had to reenter my C&A number. It doesn't seem to recognize my previous cruise history. It does say my C&A account is "pending". Maybe that will come back to life with time.

All and all, pretty ugly and inefficient. RCCL knows cruises, they don't know tech and they have proven it once again.

Thanks, I was concerned. Will try it and see how my history & if booked cruises and items in the cruise planner show up.

I wonder if this means that Celebrity cruisers will now have their prices randomly jump up "by mistake" now?

Already happens. Went to add pre-paid gratuities a few weeks ago; cruise fare went up $1,000:eek:

Had to call in to get it done.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh. After I finally realized the site wanted a new password because my old one was missing one of the requirements, I got in. ... :D

dacsmom,

Do you know what the new password requirements are, and did the system prompt you for new password? Or did you have to re-register?

Wondering if that is my problem, too.

Thanks for the info,

This is for someone that would know how to do this. If possible, copy this thread link and e-mail it to Michael Bailey (top dog at Royal), with the notation - "do you know what's going on with your IT Dept?"

I can’t even sign on. I’ve been on hold for 40 minutes. Anyone have any back door numbers?

Having the same problem. Called the D+ desk and waited 10 minutes and finally hung up. Right now I' holding for a C&A rep. So far waiting for 5 minutes. I wish they would tell you the wait time. So sad.

Question - those of you that already had both C&A and Celebrity accounts - do you see that the Celebrity account has been migrated to the new design, too?

My Celebrity account has not changed at all, at least not yet. RCCL is now completely different and almost non-functional. I do not see any ability to see my Celebrity info on the RCCL account login at all.

Going back to the birth year only allowing the last 2 digits, I can set up accounts for teens born in the 2000s but not for my Adventure Ocean kid. But then again, my teens were allowed to have their own account and the younger child was not.