Post Cruise Survey

Jimbo59

Sounds to me like MSC doesn't want feedback from Seaside passengers! :eek:

They do, IMO.

We did the Embarkation Survey (Cruise to Date Sections re: Yacht Club, primarily, but also other general areas). I'm not shy, and believe very strongly in telling the truth, good, just OK and bad.

Each item of bad or poor was addressed to us at the request of the Concierge sit down, followed by a request FROM THE Restaurant Manager and Chef to sit down and discuss the YC Dinner Menu (variety issues early in cruise), execution issues and the failure to post 'off the menu alternatives that ''available all the time.'' We asked to put that off until Saturday (today) after they've prepped their turn around. In the meantime, we polled about 8 couples we'd associated with and 'pooled the recommendations, prepared a rank order priority and will submit beforehand.

Needless to say, like all cruises (IMO) that we've sailed, the last 2 days the 'bells and whistles come out at dining and Thursday and Friday were no exception. We couldn't narrow down what we wanted from the numerous appetizers and entree's there was over the top offerings.

We think that they'll 'get if figured out. The YC crew and staff was absolutely over the top. We ran out of tip envelopes but still tried to take care of everyone we wanted to.

Despite the sewer issues (mostly at port, and unacceptable) a few times, and a couple of 'misses in dining at night, the YC is the best @ sea in this format of club-within-a-club and the NEW YC POOL GRILL is 'over the top, day after day, custom and new pasta dishes to order. THEY DON'T NEED YC full restaurant open for lunch by mid-week when everyone gets a chance to experience the YC POOL GRILL.

Great week one. Heading to B2B 'stay on board wait area in Top Sail Lounge.

GOING TO HOLD OUR REVIEW WITH PICTURES UNTIL AFTER NEXT WEEK when we can compose at our home office with the right equipment (versus a tablet).

**Got a chance to sit next to the blonde baby screamer bombshell for breakfast!!!! YIIIIIKES!!!!!! The young Mom really tried. The older Dad had his face down to his cellphone on his lap the entire time during all of the screams and never once looked up or helped out (except to eat and then run). Wife felt bad for "her and the baby." He was the problem (IMO).

re the survey, We just got off the ship yesterday and we have already completed the questionnaire.

Re that screaming child we all had to put up with for the entire week.

It was terrible having a meal anywhere near this family. We would wait until we saw them seated in YC dining room then go to a meal and ask the concierge NOT to sit us in that section. as a result we had many different waiters all week, of course Arthur was the best.

we did not pay for YC to listen to that child scream at the top of its lungs day and night. And this child could scream.

there were other little children in YC dining room and if they misbehaved a parent took them out and talk to them and then they all came back to dinner.

Does MSC send a post-cruise survey?

I filled out a form on board to receive a survey but haven’t received anything yet. It has been three weeks.

Disembarked yesterday and was sent a link to a survey this morning. Did you check your spam folder?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

re the survey, We just got off the ship yesterday and we have already completed the questionnaire.

Re that screaming child we all had to put up with for the entire week.

It was terrible having a meal anywhere near this family. We would wait until we saw them seated in YC dining room then go to a meal and ask the concierge NOT to sit us in that section. as a result we had many different waiters all week, of course Arthur was the best.

we did not pay for YC to listen to that child scream at the top of its lungs day and night. And this child could scream.

there were other little children in YC dining room and if they misbehaved a parent took them out and talk to them and then they all came back to dinner.

No screamers this week (so far) ;). Yet a lot more. Good parents.

That "particular" was bad last week. Really bad.

Question for anyone; what should any cruise line do re: such? It was 'over the top (or below the bottom of acceptable).

Have we become so PC that behavior as unacceptable as that 'can't be dealt with? You know, don't want to 'offend them as they 'offend an entire dining and lounge club three times a day. :o

I'd actually take the 'sewer smell over that "particular" anywhere in the dining room or lounge. Had the lungs to pretty much take the stage from either deck.

I am a nurse and since healthcare is patient satisfaction driven nowadays, we sometimes face similar issues - for example, multiple noisy family members in a semi-private room, staying or coming and going all hours of day and night.

Personally, when it gets out of hand or when it's approaching night time, I explain politely that in order to be considerate of other patients and in order to promote rest and healing, we ask for a quiet environment. Most people respond well to that. Sometimes, people are literally just not aware of how intrusive or loud they are and do not wish to bother others.

As for cruise ships - I can see that there may be a hesitation to offend passengers. But imo, it is possible to suggest that the parent go out with the kid or to come back at a later time in a polite and inoffensive manner. It literally is just a matter of not giving the receiving person the impression he or she is being judged. So... I think it's possible. And if it's concern for a customer review that stopped them from addressing the issue, I daresay they face more negative reviews from the other guests lol.

I have no experience in the service industry though... so it's just a thought.