Nieuw Amsterdam Port Everglades Sail-Away Mar 10, 2018

Boytjie

Trying again

nl~holam.gif

Holland%20America%20Line.gif

nl~hal2.gif

nl~hal3.gif

To be honest with my answer, I assumed the new logo might be a new House Flag; it was my #4 in my answer. Only the flag with the orange color and the Nieuw Amsterdam/Half Moon Logo was one I don't recall. When was that flag on the Mast?

To be honest with my answer, I assumed the new logo was House Flag #5 and did recall all of the other House Flags other than the one with the orange color. My answer included the new Flag as my #4 in my answer.

You still got it! Key chain is on the way :cool:

Copper, Maybe all the Canadians are still snowed in.

If they are on the East Coast (Maritimes) they would be having a tough time getting out over the last few days. No matter how early you planned on flying out, once a days flights are cancelled and another days flights, it gets tough.

Our 2nd Nor Easter in as many days. The snow has been falling since last night and will continue until Sunday at least. And then our "weather bomb" is forcasted. :( for next week.

If they are on the East Coast (Maritimes) they would be having a tough time getting out over the last few days. No matter how early you planned on flying out, once a days flights are cancelled and another days flights, it gets tough.

Our 2nd Nor Easter in as many days. The snow has been falling since last night and will continue until Sunday at least. And then our "weather bomb" is forcasted. :( for next week.

What's a weather bomb?

What's a weather bomb?

It's what the weather man/woman calls it.

My best explanation - when two storm systems collide. One carries high winds - tropical storm to hurrican force and the other the regular 'Nor Easter storm.

Along with the risk of high winds to power grids, blinding snow, blizzard like conditions, storm surge is a huge risk and flooding is likely for those on the coast or near the water or in some cases with downward hills, in the city/town.

that's it in a nutshell. The weather guys explain it better. It's not pretty. And guaranteed my bathtub will be full. (We are on a well - no electricty - = no pump = no water).

It's what the weather man/woman calls it.

My best explanation - when two storm systems collide. One carries high winds - tropical storm to hurrican force and the other the regular 'Nor Easter storm.

Along with the risk of high winds to power grids, blinding snow, blizzard like conditions, storm surge is a huge risk and flooding is likely for those on the coast or near the water or in some cases with downward hills, in the city/town.

that's it in a nutshell. The weather guys explain it better. It's not pretty. And guaranteed my bathtub will be full. (We are on a well - no electricty - = no pump = no water).

Thanks for 'splaining - All the best!

Will do! Our villa is on Poipu Beach and the Bar makes good tropical drinks.

Hope all has been well with you.

Yes. New Year's Cruise on Royal Princess booked followed by a b2b 7 day cruises on Nieuw Statendam. (Price just dropped on the Nieuw Statendam cruises. I'm still in shock over that development.)

kazu,

Stay safe! I'll be thinking of your family and you.

Thanks. :)

that's kind of you.

We should be ok. I'll probably do the BV threads early in case of power though.

As long as it isn't 6 days like the ice storm a few years ago, we should be ok. After all, we're Maritimers ;)

Now, you know why we don't go to the Caribbean in the winter. I'd love to escape but I would be demolished if flight after flight was cancelled and we had no hope of getting there.

I remember our "Sail a Way cruise". The forecast was nasty and despite planning to leave three days early, we ended up changing and flying out earlier. Thank heavens we did as we were hit here day after day for the first week in April.

I watch weather pre cruise now like a hawk.

Yes. New Year's Cruise on Royal Princess booked followed by a b2b 7 day cruises on Nieuw Statendam. (Price just dropped on the Nieuw Statendam cruises. I'm still in shock over that development.)

We have Koningsdam in October Med Dream and Passage To America, MS Maasdam 24 Day Polynesian April 2019 from Auckland to San Francisco. Next will be MS Prisendam October 2019, 32 day Holy Land & Journey To America.

Get to sail with Sir Copper on Koningsdam.:)