Online payment problem

propwash

I've been trying to arrange and pay for airport transfer on our cruise and every time (2) I get the following, There was a problem processing this transaction. Please contact your card provider or use an alternate card.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Danny

I had that happen a few years ago when I tried making specialty restaurant reservations.

I waited until the next day, everything worked correctly.

Do agree -- since this is a transfer you are talking about (different than what I had), and you booked the cruise through a TA, your TA may have to make your reservations. Otherwise you may have to call HAL.

I've been trying to arrange and pay for airport transfer on our cruise and every time (2) I get the following, There was a problem processing this transaction. Please contact your card provider or use an alternate card.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Danny

It is not a credit card problem, I experienced the exact same thing, using two different creditcards. I ended up calling HAL (Rotterdam) and had the transfers added to my acount.

It usually means you made a mistake, happened to me in St. Thomas using an ATM machine. Wouldn't work for the balance of our cruise (about 6 days). When I got home there was nothing wrong with the card, but it wouldn't work out of country for some reason. it started with my mistake at the ATM. Fortunately DW's cards worked and she was able to still spend some money.

It usually means you made a mistake, happened to me in St. Thomas using an ATM machine. Wouldn't work for the balance of our cruise (about 6 days). When I got home there was nothing wrong with the card, but it wouldn't work out of country for some reason. it started with my mistake at the ATM. Fortunately DW's cards worked and she was able to still spend some money.

So you are saying I made a mistake twice, with two different credit cards????

Any ideas???

Thanks

Danny

I've had this problem with booking restaurant reservations, also HAL tours. So I call their reservation number & do it with a person, get a confirmation email shortly after. No issues with my bank card when I have done this. A little inconvenient, but has worked for me.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Danny

I've had this happen before. It is most likely not you but HAL's wonderful IT department. I called ships services, they were aware of the problem, took my information and I got my items booked. I recommend calling ship services as soon as you can.

Try using a different browser.

Interesting tip, will try this out this weekend. Have been switching between browsers with HAL’s shortcomings in the IT department for several other problem solving work arounds, but did not think of this one for this problem before. Thanks for the tip!

One of the problems I had was when I C/P the number into the second box. It didn't like that. When I typed the number in each time it worked. Sorry for the problems. As others have said, call and do it in person asking for an email confirmation.