Kids at Shows?

Yes, kids are allowed at shows but not allowed to sit in the center front three rows of the theater if I remember correctly the announcement that is typically made just before the show starts.

Edited by robtulipe

Yes, kids are allowed at shows but not allowed to sit in the center front three rows if I remember correctly the announcement that is typically made just before the show starts.

Ice skating they allow it. They usually select a kid from close up to participate. I think aqua show is also ok as that's the splash zone.

The adult comedy show is the only one where kids are discouraged.

Ice skating they allow it. They usually select a kid from close up to participate. I think aqua show is also ok as that's the splash zone.

The adult comedy show is the only one where kids are discouraged.

I added "in the theater" above as that's where I meant for that comment.

You used the correct word, discouraged, as I've seen kids at Quest and other adult shows onboard.

yep, kids are allowed. Our kids love watching the shows. We wouldn't take them to the adult comedy show or the quest. Our boys are really looking forward to Cats on Oasis.

I will be amazed if your kids like the musical "Cats". It is a very different type of production. I they do; good for them. My last cruise had 1/2 the people walk out during the intermission. The production was superb almost equal to Broadway. Explain to your kids what the show is about before you go and they will enjoy it more.

We are cruise newbies. I’m planning our first cruise on RC and at curious...for the shows such as Grease, Ice skating etc, are kids allowed? We will have 2/6/8 year olds and want to do some of these with them.

There has been some discussion on this board about "Grease" and is it appropriate for children due to the subject matter. You can use the Search function to find those threads, but having said that, would the two youngest sit still for that amount of time? :o

The ice skating show is fabulous and everyone will enjoy that. As mentioned, the Adult Comedy Show and The Quest are not for children.

Have fun!

Yes, kids are allowed at shows but not allowed to sit in the center front three rows of the theater if I remember correctly the announcement that is typically made just before the show starts.

The announcement is "unaccompanied". They can sit in front if they are with their adults.

We are cruise newbies. I’m planning our first cruise on RC and at curious...for the shows such as Grease, Ice skating etc, are kids allowed? We will have 2/6/8 year olds and want to do some of these with them.

On the Harmony, the only show that they are actually prohibited from is the Comedy Club performance.

I don't know how much they will enjoy anything longer than 20-25 minutes, though.

Your best bet for engaging them for the entire length of the show is the Aqua Theater shows. (one is the main show, for which you need reservations. the other is an "extra" on a sea day, no reservations, one performance, just watch the cruise compass/daily newsletter)

There will be appearances by the characters, which your guys should enjoy. Again, check the Cruise Compass for that schedule.

Don't miss the Carousel on the Boardwalk. Should keep them amused for quite a long time. :)

Thanks everyone! I can’t make guarantees as to what my kids will sit through or not, LOL, but we homeschool them and they are pretty used to being out and about. They’ve sat through Broadway shows and the Nutcracker, etc. with no problems. The Little one is a wildcard though, no telling what she will be like once the cruise actually rolls around. I can hope can’t I? 😜

Thanks everyone! I can’t make guarantees as to what my kids will sit through or not, LOL, but we homeschool them and they are pretty used to being out and about. They’ve sat through Broadway shows and the Nutcracker, etc. with no problems. The Little one is a wildcard though, no telling what she will be like once the cruise actually rolls around. I can hope can’t I? 😜

Just opt to sit at the end of a row so you can exit quickly without climbing over everyone if necessary. ;)

Just opt to sit at the end of a row so you can exit quickly without climbing over everyone if necessary. ;)

In which case, you need to get there early, because "everyone" wants to do that. (which means more 'sitting time' before the show even starts)

I wouldn't underestimate what kids are able to sit through! While the 2 year old may be iffy there is no reason why a 6 and 8 year old cant sit an hour an a half. I have taken my kids to shows since they were toddlers, now 7 & 8 and they have no trouble anywhere we take them. My 7 year old cant wait for Grease, she loves the movie!

In which case, you need to get there early, because "everyone" wants to do that. (which means more 'sitting time' before the show even starts)

Easy to do... parent's can take turns walking around with the 2yo before the show starts...;)

No biggie for us. We like to get in the theater early to get aisle seats and watch the preshow entertainment. One person trying to save multiple seats in a prime location while trying to stop others from sitting in the unoccupied seats. A chair hoggers (chogger) job is never done.:D

I know what you mean. I got a hint on a Disney cruise, when my almost 3 yr old grandson was totally mesmerized and didn’t move an inch during the shows. He sat through the whole Mamma Mia on the Allure in Dec. (he will be 5 next month). Absolutely loves Broadway shows. It really does depend on the child.