Got a sale on Drink package on TA!!!

sydsmom2034

So today I was on Celebrity website checking to see if they had the picture package up for our fall 2018 NE/Canada cruise. It was and it said it was on sale. A banner at the top of the page said they were having a sale and it was counting down the hours. Up to 20% off. So I went to my TA for 2019 on Reflection and tried to add two premium drink packages to my cart. It won't go through, but give me number to call. I do and ask if I can get the sale. She puts it through and it works. I save $500 on the two packages. I am one happy camper:)

So today I was on Celebrity website checking to see if they had the picture package up for our fall 2018 NE/Canada cruise. It was and it said it was on sale. A banner at the top of the page said they were having a sale and it was counting down the hours. Up to 20% off. So I went to my TA for 2019 on Reflection and tried to add two premium drink packages to my cart. It won't go through, but give me number to call. I do and ask if I can get the sale. She puts it through and it works. I save $500 on the two packages. I am one happy camper:)

Nice. Enjoy it! On a TA you'll have lots of time to sample most everything;p.

If you are saving $500, then the regular price for the packages are $2500 (at 20% off) for two and you are still spending $2000 for the drink package for the cruise? That still seems like a lot to me, are you sure it's not a better deal to pay by the glass/bottle? At an average drink price of $7 (coke/water averaged with mixed drinks) that's still 10 drinks a day, everyday, just to break even.

The full price for two drink packages was 1074 each and we paid 805 each so total for two was 2148 and saving price total was 1610. It's a fourteen day cruise with LOTS of sea days Since it also includes coffee, water, as well as all the premium drinks, we figure it's worth it. I'd rather not have to worry about paying for drinks at the end. And my sister is a coffee snob and drinks it constantly, so I'll definitely save on that. :)

Are you on the Reflection? That's the Transatlantic we are on.

Yep. Same cruise. I had no problem going to the cruise planner and buying the package.

btw I haven't checked, is there a roll call started for this cruise?

If you are saving $500, then the regular price for the packages are $2500 (at 20% off) for two and you are still spending $2000 for the drink package for the cruise? That still seems like a lot to me, are you sure it's not a better deal to pay by the glass/bottle? At an average drink price of $7 (coke/water averaged with mixed drinks) that's still 10 drinks a day, everyday, just to break even.

I would never purchase the Premium Drink Package, but would instead choose the Classic. Even with the changes to Classic, the option to pay only the difference + 18% combined with our drinking preferences is much more sensible. We usually choose it as our first choice when choosing perks. I know drink packages aren't offered on TAs, so if purchasing one, the classic would be our choice.

We took advantage of a flash sale to purchase the Premium package for our 2017 TA on Reflection:D. We barely break even, and that’s only because we drink a lot of specialty coffee, bottled water, and I don’t care for any of the red wine on the Classic package. DH thinks signing the slips is a PIA, so he’d rather buy the package as long as we’re close to breaking even. For us, It was definitely worth it on a TA, partly because we had plenty of time to try cocktails we’d not tried before. Naturally my new favorite is only on the Premium package lol. However, we may stick with the Classic package for our next cruise, which is port intensive. Reflection is a beautiful ship, and I wish you both a fabulous TA. Cheers:cool:

Edited by Silkroad