Dress Code for Chops Grill Embarkation Day Lunch

I know for dinner at Chops, you have to be dressed nicely. What about lunch? Could my husband and teenage son get away with khaki shorts? Please dont flame me.

Repeat after me..."What other people think of me is none of my business". Basic etiquette, some common sense, and you do you. Have a GREAT cruise!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

We have gotten in the habit of wearing the same thing embarkation day all day. No one cares. Just say your bags aren’t there. But no one will ask you because no one cares. Especially the first day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always dress at night per dress suggestions, but lunch is always super casual, really enjoyed chops had lunch there 5 days on last cruise , great idea for embarkation , it is also a free perk if in a full suite

We always dress at night per dress suggestions, but lunch is always super casual, really enjoyed chops had lunch there 5 days on last cruise , great idea for embarkation , it is also a free perk if in a full suite

Thanks. We aren't in a suite but thought that would be a nice way to start the cruise.

Wore shorts and tee shirt on Freedom last week to boarding day lunch in Chops so did others. Very casual ,away from the windjammer rush. Great way to start the Cruise and it's even better when you get it on sale in the cruise planer. Keep Checking.

What ship are you sailing on? Chops may not be open for lunch on embarkation day.

It may be open for gold card holders but they grab their food in the Windjammer and

eat in Chops. Depending on the ship, they may or may not be serving food in there

on the first day.

What ship are you sailing on? Chops may not be open for lunch on embarkation day.

It may be open for gold card holders but they grab their food in the Windjammer and

eat in Chops. Depending on the ship, they may or may not be serving food in there

on the first day.

I am traveling on Harmony of the Seas on 3/31 and was able to make a reservation for lunch. Getting excited.

We're having lunch in Chops on Grandeur on boarding day next month. We're wearing jeans. Boarding day is different since a lot of people will have traveled, even if it's only an hour or two. We're driving same day from NoVA to Baltimore, so less than 1.5 hours, but I'm dressing the way I always do. Shorts are fine.

On embarkation day anything goes, for lunch or dinner. Bags do not always arrive prior to your scheduled dinner, or you may not have time to unpack. We always go to a specialty dinner the first 2 nights to take advantage of the Diamond Plus BOGO's.

on the first day.

I believe most ships now have lunch there first day, gold cards get this as a free perk, they can check planner and it should be listed along with price and menu , this is new .

I believe most ships now have lunch there first day, gold cards get this as a free perk, they can check planner and it should be listed along with price and menu , this is new .

Yes, when I was on the Navigator in Jan I was pleasantly surprised about the free lunch in Chops

during sea days for gold card members. They offered it on embarkation day as well. Fast forward

to last week and they discontinued the freebie. I was thoroughly disappointed as I already had in

my mind what I was going to order.

Yes, jeans and shorts are just fine for embarkation day.

Is this actually true on Oasis class since there is Coastal Kitchen for suites? We have had many suites but never had free Chops offer.

Free Chops would only be for Star Class suite guests on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

Yes, when I was on the Navigator in Jan I was pleasantly surprised about the free lunch in Chops

during sea days for gold card members. They offered it on embarkation day as well. Fast forward

to last week and they discontinued the freebie. I was thoroughly disappointed as I already had in

my mind what I was going to order.

Yes, jeans and shorts are just fine for embarkation day.

Thanks for update, next cruise oasis in suite so not a issue since we can do costal kitchen. Really enjoyed celebrity a couple of weeks ago ,all there ships have a suite restaurant and there suite lounge has free drinks from morning till midnight ,excellent selection McAllen scotch etc

Only dinner applies to the "suggested dress"...and it's only a suggestion. During the day, shorts/tees/flip-flops are what most are wearing. Don't wear your bathing suit into a restaurant or lounge about in the inside spaces....cover your bathing suit when you're not at the pool.

on the first day.

What are gold card holder? Just curious.