Photo packages!

tortuga1975

You must be offended then on an hourly basis if something so benign offends you. Here's a hug, have a great day.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

While not on the same level as showing something protected like a medical record, I would not be thrilled if a crew member showed a random passenger my photo order or sail and sign account either. I'm a little surprised that others don't understand why someone might be offended by crew sharing another passenger's information.

I was talking to staff in photo shop on my cruise just a couple weeks ago. According to that person Carnival will most likely make some changes to their photo package offerings. This is do to those who abuse the offer, such as the lady who boasted she had over 100 pictures. I was shown an order from someone who was on my cruise, it was probably 80 or more pictures. Like really? Can anyone really need that many pictures?

No specifics given but I'd guess they'll put some type of cap on the # of pictures instead of being unlimited.

So, we had the Pixel Plus Digital package on our cruise last week. Paid the $249 for it when it came out and this price was honored onboard. I can tell you that on formal nights, we do frequent a lot of the photographers and we easily accumulated 80 photos as a result (including group photos with my wife's brother and his wife). We tried standing off to the side in the photo gallery to sort through the pics and only pic the ones we wanted, but it was a real hassle with the crowding (Vista was MUCH better in this regard). We ended up just turning all of these in so they could be transferred to the USB.

Then, on the last night, we picked up our photos and then took them back to the room and sorted through them and discarded the ones we didn't want. I then took those and went back to the photo gallery to discard them. We ended up taking off about 30 8x10's and one 5x7 photo, so I don't think we abused anything at all.

I mean the photographers already took the pictures, printed them and stuck them in the rack for us to review. So, there is no abuse there. We simply gave turned these in and they take the digital file and transfer it to the USB. And, those pics don't have any filters applied and will still need some tweaking in photoshop or something similar.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

While not on the same level as showing something protected like a medical record, I would not be thrilled if a crew member showed a random passenger my photo order or sail and sign account either. I'm a little surprised that others don't understand why someone might be offended by crew sharing another passenger's information.

So you have always been offended that your photos were on the racks prior to going digital? What's the difference? Your photos have always been on the racks for anyone on the ship to see.

So you have always been offended that your photos were on the racks prior to going digital? What's the difference? Your photos have always been on the racks for anyone on the ship to see.

Seeing photos is one thing - although we do tend to throw away unwanted shots rather then leaving pics up for everyone to see. Seeing orders/purchases is different to me.

I guess each passenger's account folio is outside their door on the last night though so there should be no expectation of privacy.:rolleyes:

You must be offended then on an hourly basis if something so benign offends you. Here's a hug, have a great day.

thank you for the hug.

But a crew member showing your stuff to another passenger would NOT bother you? at all?

Showing them a stack of photos? Not in the slightest.

Just think of what else is shared... The bar staff informing a guest how many drinks they have left for the day on their drink package. The crew telling people how many cruises you've been on during the Platnium and Diamond party. Or how about when you can overhear what excursions people have been on? Or how much liquor had been delivered to someone's cabin on the last night, oh my, the shame...

thank you for the hug.

But a crew member showing your stuff to another passenger would NOT bother you? at all?

Maybe there is some confusion about the details of showing the other guests order? It sounds to me like they just were shown the size of the stack. Not the pictures themselves. Which would mean it was unlikely the guest whose order it was could even be identified.

Not quite sure what the big deal is.

~Katy

I was talking to staff in photo shop on my cruise just a couple weeks ago. According to that person Carnival will most likely make some changes to their photo package offerings. This is do to those who abuse the offer, such as the lady who boasted she had over 100 pictures. I was shown an order from someone who was on my cruise, it was probably 80 or more pictures. Like really? Can anyone really need that many pictures?

No specifics given but I'd guess they'll put some type of cap on the # of pictures instead of being unlimited.

Maybe there is some confusion about the details of showing the other guests order? It sounds to me like they just were shown the size of the stack. Not the pictures themselves. Which would mean it was unlikely the guest whose order it was could even be identified.

~Katy

It's slightly ambiguous in the original post, but you are probably right that it was a stack and not a passenger's name and number. If it was done in a way to shame another person (even if not identifying them) it still doesn't sit right with me but doesn't seem quite as bad.

Some of us are more private than others (even if we don't seem it on an anonymous site) and wouldn't want our info shared or would feel uncomfortable with being given someone else's information without their consent. Others have no privacy concerns and it doesn't bother them. Neither viewpoint is "wrong" per se, but overtly sharing another passengers business (especially without them present) could offend the first group, while not sharing information likely won't upset the second.

You got it right, as I mentioned several times I was shown the stack, nothing identifying a passenger.

~Katy

It's slightly ambiguous in the original post, but you are probably right that it was a stack and not a passenger's name and number. If it was done in a way to shame another person (even if not identifying them) it still doesn't sit right with me but doesn't seem quite as bad.

Guess you missed the follow up post that removed any ambiguity.

You really take offense at them showing me the stack that they were putting away? Like really? Seriously taking offense? OMG! Seriously???

Live long and prosper....

Yep. I scanned back for the original, but didn't re-read all of the posts.

ETA: If you noticed them putting away a large stack of another passenger's pictures, versus an employee showing another passenger "look how many pictures these guests have!" - another difference and not as bothersome.

Just read that Carnival has now ceased offering this package. Those who already bought will still be honored. Abusers ruined a decent thing. Or looked at another way, Carnival didn't do their due diligence on how to offer the package to prevent abuse. Shame on both parties..

Just read that Carnival has now ceased offering this package. Those who already bought will still be honored. Abusers ruined a decent thing. Or looked at another way, Carnival didn't do their due diligence on how to offer the package to prevent abuse. Shame on both parties..

Where was the abuse? Certain not in those who took pics off that were already printed.

only the 5 pack with canvas is being offered. and I agree that there were better ways. In the begining of its offering- they did not specify that its per cabin so you have whole groups of families getting the deal.

My concern is that when we go-- are we gonna be treated different. Are they going to know how to handle the people who have the ALL INCLUSIVE photo package?

only the 5 pack with canvas is being offered. and I agree that there were better ways. In the begining of its offering- they did not specify that its per cabin so you have whole groups of families getting the deal.

My concern is that when we go-- are we gonna be treated different. Are they going to know how to handle the people who have the ALL INCLUSIVE photo package?

When we got on board, we had a receipt in our cabin for our FunShop purchase of the Pixels Max - Digital package. In small print at the bottom was a note to go to the photo gallery area on deck 4 and have your package activated.

We were actually the first ones on our sailing to do this. I had to sign something and they started a folder for us to hold our pics. I was told we could keep adding to this folder up to 1 p.m. the last day of the cruise. Any pics in the folder would be scanned to USB. If we had pics taken after 1 p.m. they would be available as prints only.

The photographers have no way of knowing who has what package when taking your photo.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

thank you for the hug.

Nope...I don't see why that would offend me at all. So what --its drinks, photos, tshirts etc--what is offensive about anyone knowing that?

Mine could be posted on the lido big screen for all I care :)

I don't think Carnival was prepared for the popularity of the packages (although cruisers have been clamoring for years) & couldn't keep up with activity. Shame on Carnival for not listening to its customer base.

In truth, they should go full digital. Offer a USB or link to all your pictures (something a la Disney) and have cruisers who haven't bought a package print off pictures they ACTUALLY want while on board & others can print once they're back home.

I don't think Carnival was prepared for the popularity of the packages (although cruisers have been clamoring for years) & couldn't keep up with activity. Shame on Carnival for not listening to its customer base.

In truth, they should go full digital. Offer a USB or link to all your pictures (something a la Disney) and have cruisers who haven't bought a package print off pictures they ACTUALLY want while on board & others can print once they're back home.

Exactly.

They should have done this ages ago. Their revenue from picture sales would sky rocket, and costs of printing would plummet. It really is a no brainer.

No excuse for not knowing how popular it would be. No excuse for not knowing people would want to try and get their "moneys worth" of photos.

I normally take pictures with the different back drops every night. I just sort through them for the few that I want to buy. I bought pixels max. If a picture is bad, I'm not going to waste resources to have it scanned. However, I do intend to use the package.

Carnival should have realized that these packages would be popular.

Agree, it was poor execution by Carnival brass on this. I was thinking all digital, just provide link to pictures for you to 60 days after cruise. No USB needed nor time for anyone to copy to the USB. Ships that aren't digital obviously couldn't offer, but perhaps would be incentive for Carnival to roll out digital faster.

I don't know if one could say it was popular. Last cruise I was talking to photo shop person about how the program was going. They conveyed there were obvious abusers, but there was only 8 people out of over 2,000 who had purchased the package. So don't think I'd consider that popular, buy def wasn't making a return for Carnival.

Exactly.

They should have done this ages ago. Their revenue from picture sales would sky rocket' date=' and costs of printing would plummet. It really is a no brainer.

No excuse for not knowing how popular it would be. No excuse for not knowing people would want to try and get their "moneys worth" of photos.[/quote']

what a shame because there could be a market for it

But like you said only 8 people on one cruise with it

I purchased it when it first came out-- with unlimited prints and photos

Stated that it will be honored but not sailing til the end of August-- are those people on the Liberty will they know what to do for me?