Current e-mail regarding upsells

Sometimes even free upgrades get double points. We had an upgrade from an OV to a JS that we didn't even know about until we checked in...and we still got double points.

If I paid for the upgrade I would definitely expect to get double points.

The price of the JS probably dropped to the level of the OV.

You may expect it, but unless the policy changes you won’t get it.

I received an email today, too. Offer was $850 to upgrade from an OV to JS (there are no balconies) on a 5 night Majesty sailing in June that includes an overnight in Havana. I thought about it, but $850 seems steep for 5 nights. I did not click to to added to list. Hope I don't regret it.

My offer was $200 for upgrade from OV to Balcony on 7 day, and $200 to upgrade from OV to balcony on the 14 day, B2B cruise coming up at the end of April. Patiently waiting for the call!

My offer was $200 for upgrade from OV to Balcony on 7 day, and $200 to upgrade from OV to balcony on the 14 day, B2B cruise coming up at the end of April. Patiently waiting for the call!

I would have jumped on those deals too.

British Isles... 13 days... $950 sounds like wayyyyy too much for a junior suite that doesn't even come with any perks :(

Interesting. I got the e-mail yesterday for my 12 night British Isles cruise to upgrade to a JS -- for $1200! That seems like a huge amount for upgrading from a 1D (mid-ship balcony room for 4) room! I can't do it anyway because the JS rooms just have a double sofa bed and a king bed and we are traveling with our kids who are 16 and 20. We had this type on Adventure a few years ago. We liked the extra space, but the sleeping arrangements were...less than ideal! I ended up sleeping in the king with our daughter and DH ended up sleeping on the small sofa bed with our son.

We got one yesterday for our June 19th Med Venice out of Barcelona on Vision. $1250 to go from balcony to JS. It seemed steep, but it is a 12 night cruise for which all balconies and OV are sold out. We have an aft balcony, so still on the fence about accepting if called. We have our two children with us (17 and 3 YO), and the extra room (and bathtub) would be nice. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Balcony to a JS = $1000.00 for a 12 night cruise. I don't need the extra room, love my location, have an HC balcony, need extra wide doorway for scooter, and a shower that is not the size of a test tube. JS would work also, with a bathtub and it still has extra wide doors but for a $1000.00 there is no benefit to changing. That's a lot of drinks I can buy for $1000.00 and fun times in the ports. I could make much better use of that $1000.00

I got email offer to upgrade from interior to ocean view on Radiance of the Seas for Alaska for 300.00 . Yes or no. I have been spending the bulk of my dollars on excursions.

Unless the natural light from the window is very important to you, I'd pass on this. Our experience with Alaksa was that when there was something to see outside, we wanted to be outside on deck for the best view.

Balcony to a JS = $1000.00 for a 12 night cruise. I don't need the extra room, love my location, have an HC balcony, need extra wide doorway for scooter, and a shower that is not the size of a test tube. JS would work also, with a bathtub and it still has extra wide doors but for a $1000.00 there is no benefit to changing. That's a lot of drinks I can buy for $1000.00 and fun times in the ports. I could make much better use of that $1000.00

I made the mistake of posting a new thread as I didn't see this one pop up when I searched when mobile.

I also got the upsell email suggesting upgrade from obstructed balcony to JS on our 9 night Anthem cruise for a whopping $1300!! Thats like half again the cost we paid for the cruise!:eek: :eek: I know my husband and I could put that money to better use planning another vacation or using it for food and excursions OFF SHIP. I almost feel a bit like they are insulting my intelligence. Or maybe they put a MUCH higher value on their sgftage than I do. Either way, they have succeeded in putting me off giving them any more of my money.

A JS is bigger and has a tub, but I'm on a huge ship and don't plan to spend much time in my cabin anyway.

I wish they would just give the option to say "Only free upgrades otherwise don't bother me." Seems like a lot of people say that money would be better spent onboard the ship or on another cruise than on an upgrade. $1300 is almost another cruise for 2 people (depending on the length of the cruise).

We are one of the many who received the recent e-mail offer to upgrade to a junior suite for a price. We did put ourselves on the list, but I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten a call to upgrade. We have been keeping our phones nearby so we don't miss the call. Are we waiting in vain?

We just got one yesterday... Just under $2000 to upgrade to a Junior Suite from a Extra Large hump Balcony, for Alaska in June. We will NOT be taking them up on the "deal".

I wonder what the likelihood is you actually get offered the upgrade if you say 'yes' to the email.

Our sailing shows no cabins available in categories higher than what we already have, so it seems unlikely.....

Ruth

Unless the natural light from the window is very important to you, I'd pass on this. Our experience with Alaksa was that when there was something to see outside, we wanted to be outside on deck for the best view.

Thanks . I think I will stick to my plan.

I wonder what the likelihood is you actually get offered the upgrade if you say 'yes' to the email.

Our sailing shows no cabins available in categories higher than what we already have, so it seems unlikely.....

Ruth

There could be zero likelihood. Maybe they are just testing to see what price people are willing to pay to upgrade. They send out a bunch of emails and see who responds. No way to know.

We got the same email yesterday to upgrade from an interior room to a neighborhood balcony for $100. Having never cruised with RC before I jumped on the deal and I believe that is a fair price. I do believe its unlikely we will get a call though because mock bookings do not show any option to book a neighborhood balcony :(

We got the same email yesterday to upgrade from an interior room to a neighborhood balcony for $100. Having never cruised with RC before I jumped on the deal and I believe that is a fair price. I do believe its unlikely we will get a call though because mock bookings do not show any option to book a neighborhood balcony :(

The cruise line probably has offers to those in the neighborhood balconies to move up too.