Excursion Favorites and Tips - 7nt Western Carribean

JawjaCrewser

Any pointers on booking excursions for 7nt western carribean. Would like to do dolphin swim and snorkeling as well as some sight seeing...Any favorites or favorite locations out of the 4 ports to snorkel/dolphin swim or help/pointers with booking excursions outside of NCL? Thanks in advance!:)

Sorry...Getaway, 06/10/18 - 06/17/18, Costa Maya, Harvest Caye, Roatán, Cozumel

Routan- I recommend Looking at Ronys tours on trip adviser and on the Routan boards. We did that in August and it was amazing!

Costa Maya, we did a private tour to the ruins and lunch meal with a Mayan family using Native Choice. Our favorite tour!

Cozumel has a fun dolphin swim in Chankanaab Beach Park. We did that several years ago when my kids were little then went to Paradise Beach.

Harvest Caye - walk off the boat to the pool and grab chairs early.

I did a trip report detailing all of these experiences with pictures if you’d like to see. We loved the itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Routan- I recommend Looking at Ronys tours on trip adviser and on the Routan boards. We did that in August and it was amazing!

Costa Maya, we did a private tour to the ruins and lunch meal with a Mayan family using Native Choice. Our favorite tour!

Cozumel has a fun dolphin swim in Chankanaab Beach Park. We did that several years ago when my kids were little then went to Paradise Beach.

Harvest Caye - walk off the boat to the pool and grab chairs early.

I did a trip report detailing all of these experiences with pictures if you’d like to see. We loved the itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I totally agree about Rony. He was fantastic. Booden or something like that is the other favorite. His was very good, did it about 7 years ago, but not as good as Rony and I think more expensive if I remember right. Both are listed under posts a call.

Snorkeling, well Cozumel comes to mind, but that is also where you would want to swim with the Dolphins.

Costa Maya: there are a lot of great tours available. Most are pretty much beach resorts or the ruins.

Harvest Caye: you may want to look into snorkeling there.

Hope this helps some. Others will have more information. Enjoy your cruise.

Cozumel - Mr Sanchos. $55pp all inclusive drinks, food, kayaks, 2 pools, great service, beautiful beach. About a 20 min cab ride from the port. Cabs cost $20 each way.

Roatan - Roatan Ocean Adventures. Herbert woods is the owner, its a family business, they grew up snorkeling the reefs and take you to the best spots, never rushed, round trip transportation to and from the pier is included. Multiple packages to chose from. Best snorkeling ive ever done by FAR.

Harvest Cay - About as fake of a cultural experience as you can imagine. Chill by the pool or on the free beach or just stay on the boat. Everything is overpriced. Think Disney world on the beach.

Costa Maya - Native choice Chacchoben ruins is great. Or Maya Chan if you want a beach break day. Nohoch Key is pretty nice for a beach day as well. There are dolphins at the port you can swim with in a pool.

This is good information as we are doing that same itinerary this fall. Looking forward to seeing more ideas / suggestions.

I looked online and saw that the day we are in Cozumel there are 6 other cruise ships there that day. I wanted to do a beach day there but now may just stay on the boat to avoid the crowds. Any thoughts on this?

This is good information as we are doing that same itinerary this fall. Looking forward to seeing more ideas / suggestions.

I looked online and saw that the day we are in Cozumel there are 6 other cruise ships there that day. I wanted to do a beach day there but now may just stay on the boat to avoid the crowds. Any thoughts on this?

If you are looking to avoid crowds, your best bet in Cozumel is Nachi Cocum. I believe they limit the number of people to 120 or 150 (it used to be 100, but they added another bar and more chairs).

In Roatan, we also booked with Rony. We got a private driver for the day for $30/person. We got to see a lot of the island and I will use them again the next time we are in Roatan.

Jolly Roger catamaran in Roatan was good; snorkeling at Little French Key wasn’t bad. Salsa and Salsa was a blast in Cozumel. We once did the all-inclusive at the EL Cid and that was great (private excursion). Harvest Caye- meh. Costa Maya—wife and daughter went to some Mayan temple and enjoyed it. For me, Costa Maya was my least favorite port I’ve ever been to.

Costa Maya - Maya Chan Beach the best excursion we have ever been on! Here is a description of the pluses- all for $59:

English Speaking Maya Chan Beach Representative at Port

Round Trip Transportation To and From the Port of Costa Maya

English Speaking Staff at the Resort

Guaranteed Over-Sized Beach Chair for Each Guest

Guaranteed Beach Bed at Each Location

Private, Pre-Assigned Shaded Area for Each Party; Large Thatch-Roof Palapa or Open and Airy Pergola

All-You-Can-Eat Mayan Inspired Buffet

All Day Open Bar

Free Wifi Service

Cleanest Bathrooms In Town

Lockers

Changing Rooms

Fresh Water Showers

Use of Professional Snorkeling Equipment

Use of Glass Bottom Kayaks

Use of Floating Chairs

Life Jackets – Kids and Adults

Children’s Sand Toys

Costa Maya - Maya Chan Beach the best excursion we have ever been on! Here is a description of the pluses- all for $59:

English Speaking Maya Chan Beach Representative at Port

Round Trip Transportation To and From the Port of Costa Maya

English Speaking Staff at the Resort

Guaranteed Over-Sized Beach Chair for Each Guest

Guaranteed Beach Bed at Each Location

Private, Pre-Assigned Shaded Area for Each Party; Large Thatch-Roof Palapa or Open and Airy Pergola

All-You-Can-Eat Mayan Inspired Buffet

All Day Open Bar

Free Wifi Service

Cleanest Bathrooms In Town

Lockers

Changing Rooms

Fresh Water Showers

Use of Professional Snorkeling Equipment

Use of Glass Bottom Kayaks

Use of Floating Chairs

Life Jackets – Kids and Adults

Children’s Sand Toys

That sounds really nice! I am going to look into that for our cruise.....Thanks! :D

The best snorkeling on the trip is at Roatan, specifically on the west end of the island. There are a few resorts that have day passes or NCL offers an excursion to Tabayana beach. If snorkeling is what you want that is the way to go. The reef starts less than 100 feet from shore and you can swim out 300 - 400 yards before it drops off. If you want to tour the island and hold animals take a tour. Snorkeling on the south side of the island is not that good.

Nextbest snorkeling is at Cozumel, but you need to be on a boat, not from shore.