Disembarcation in Buenos Aires

Edward51

I will be on the Eclipse arriving in Buenos Aires on Sunday, December 23. The ship arrives at 5:00 am.

Would anyone know what time passengers can leave the ship if they are carrying their own luggage. I contacted Celebrity but I could not get a straight answer on debarkation time for the Eclipse in Buenos Aires.

I would like to catch a 9:00 am flight and as it is Sunday, traffic should be light so I presume an hour to the airport. This would leave two hours before the KLM departure if we were able to leave the ship at 6:00 am.

I would much appreciate comments from those who are familiar with disembarcation at that port. Especially near a holiday time period. Are there taxis right at the port or do you have to shuttle to them. Is there security or custom checks as you leave the ship?

How about the airport? Long lineups at security? Is the KLM booth close to taxi dropoff and easy to find?

Thank you.

Here are the disembarkation instructions that we received aboard Infinity at Buenos Aires in Jan 2017:

http:// https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwsk-dPJV5Lqd1Nfcl9JNUFkT1k

You can see that express walk off was not available because of "limited facilities".

On the other hand there are instructions for guests who want to disembark early!

There is a shuttle bus that takes you fron the pier to the cruise terminal. When you step outside the cruise terminal, there are a lot of taxis.

Edited by mahdnc

I will be on the Eclipse arriving in Buenos Aires on Sunday, December 23. The ship arrives at 5:00 am.

Would anyone know what time passengers can leave the ship if they are carrying their own luggage. I contacted Celebrity but I could not get a straight answer on debarkation time for the Eclipse in Buenos Aires.

I would like to catch a 9:00 am flight and as it is Sunday, traffic should be light so I presume an hour to the airport. This would leave two hours before the KLM departure if we were able to leave the ship at 6:00 am.

I would much appreciate comments from those who are familiar with disembarcation at that port. Especially near a holiday time period. Are there taxis right at the port or do you have to shuttle to them. Is there security or custom checks as you leave the ship?

How about the airport? Long lineups at security? Is the KLM booth close to taxi dropoff and easy to find?

Thank you.

9 a m flight? No way. You will not be able to make on time being there couple times I will not book a flight before 11 am

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do not. I repeat...Do not do this.

Big mistake.

You want at least 2 hours at the airport. Personally I want more. I've been there before. You will be interviewed, You will check in. You have security. It is on their schedule. Lines may be long.

Drive. Even on a Sunday it is a long drive.

The port. It is industrial. You don't just get off ship and claim your luggage. There will be a shuttle. The shuttle is operated by the port. It is on their schedule.

What else on top of this. Worker strike at the port. Always possible. Late arrival.

But forgetting the final two items, the others are sufficient to not book this flight.

I also agree I would not book a flight before 11:00 AM.

I do realize that most flights are in the evening.

Keith

WOW! I am impressed with the quick, informative responses.

Thank you all for the info. Not booking before 11:00 am was the way I was leaning and I will heed your advice.

We need to book a flight to Santiago Chile some time on Sunday as we fly out of Santiago early the next day. KLM has an excellent price but only has one flight at 9:00 am. It will have to be a later flight but that beats missing the early one.

If anyone has suggested airlines between Buenos Aires and Santiago please let me know. I will ask the same question in my sailing role call.

Again, thanks to everyone for the advice.

One thing to know about flying between two countries in South America is that the luggage weight allowance is lower than you would expect for international flights ; think of them as being domestic flights. Many people are surprised at the airport when they find that they have to pay extra for their luggage. Be sure to check your airline’s requirements before you go.

I don't think there i any way you could make that early of a flight. I would plan on 1 hour minimum to get to the airport and plant at least 2 hours to get to the gate. Buenos Aires can be a mess getting through outbound immigration.

In January we were moving along really well and within 4 people of an agent after waiting 45 minutes when the agents one by one left their podiums. Why have no idea. About 45 minutes later a single agent appeared and started working the line. At that point there were about 500 people behind us.

I agree with Keith....do not do this at BA! This port is among the worst and least organized of any port we have embarked/disembarked. Even if you can get off the ship early, and through the terminal...you will then face the problem of getting a taxi not to mention having to first deal with the internal port shuttle which may or may not be working if you get off early.

If you still want to keep that early flight make sure you have a "Plan B" in case you miss the flight.

Hank