change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

We are booked on a 16-day TA leaving 4/20. I was counting on those 2 days of internet to check in with family members while in the middle of the ocean. So now, in order to get the two FREE days, we’ll have to spend $223.86 ($15.99 x 14)?????? Gee, thanks, Royal. Can internet still be purchased on a daily basis?

We are booked on a 16-day TA leaving 4/20. I was counting on those 2 days of internet to check in with family members while in the middle of the ocean. So now, in order to get the two FREE days, we’ll have to spend $223.86 ($15.99 x 14)?????? Gee, thanks, Royal. Can internet still be purchased on a daily basis?

Yes.

Throughout your voyage, as the days count down, they will also offer a "package" for the remaining days. They will probably offer this every day. ;)

So you don't pay for internet in your business? It's FREE?
I'll bet you an intranet package that the cost for the business is not $20 a day for approximately equivalent service.

If it is, I'll pay for your Internet package on your next cruise. If it isn't, you pay for mine on my next cruise.

Deal?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

I alway have the concierge check us in and print my boarding passes.

When we use British airlines in Europe we can check in return flights 2-3 weeks in advance.

For Dubai and US flights the airlines only allow check in 24 hours before and in those cases like yourself we ask the concierge to check us in which they always do and i always give them a nice tip in appreciation.

Yes.

Throughout your voyage, as the days count down, they will also offer a "package" for the remaining days. They will probably offer this every day. ;)

You are right as the cruise nears its end there are also special offers on spa,handbags etc.

They were handed to us that way, last cruise on Harmony and the Anthem before that :confused: we have given them as souvenirs to the kids, so when I saw them marked I figured too many people were taking them home as souvenirs?

I was just on the Anthem and no one marked my tokens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If true then That is a pain. I’m D+ so I use my 2 free days and then DH uses his free days and gets a discount off the package for the remainder of the cruise.

That way we only end up paying for about 1 day of Wi-fi if we get our timings right, or even none if we do without on the first day.

This way it seems only one person buys the package and shares it and the other person doesn’t get to use their perk. Another cutback.

I’m doing a TA next month so was planning on using m6 2 free days in the middle of the pond. Brits get free data roaming within Europe now so we have no need of Wi-fi any more....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I emailed Millie a few minutes ago and got this response.

Hi Gail,

We were piloting some discounts on the system, and they went live prematurely. Your benefit will stay the same. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hoping to see you again soon.

gaylemh or anyone else - Can you share Millie's e-mail address here? I would like to send her an inquiry today....thanks!

Same thing happened when they first started charging for Johnny Rockets. Customer reps were insisting there was no charge as people on the ships were reporting here that there was.

People here know more than their own employees. It's been like that for a long time.

And what about anything you’ve said is factual? Nothing. You’d be nothing without HER money. And that’s a fact Jack. Something we wouldn’t know if you didn’t brag about it all the time.

So other than delusions of playing CFO why are you so happy when benefits are removed

You don’t know us. You know nothing about either one of us or our money. You can speculate all you want but your comment about her using her ex husbands money is nothing but a chauvinist remark. There is no ex husband or otherwise. Combined income always works better.

Personally, if you read closely, I liked the free Internet. I would not be happy if it changes but I am not canceling any booked cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And so there we have an answer, although some will question how long the “will stay the same’ statement will be valid :D

I emailed Millie a few minutes ago and got this response.

Hi Gail,

We were piloting some discounts on the system, and they went live prematurely. Your benefit will stay the same. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hoping to see you again soon.

Can anyone say airline frequent flyer programs? This really all started with Bob Crandall and AA when they started a frequent flyer program. Consider how those have changed over the years. And we also know what airlines have done over the last x number of years with fees.

What I'm getting at is that RCL is taking a page from the airline playbook. You can raise fares and RCL will certainly do that when they can but you can also make a ton of money with fees. People tend to buy fares. The fees come later. Keep your fares somewhat in line with the competitors to maintain market share.

None of this really surprises me. Heck, I used to get S&H green stamps when I bought gas....and someone else pumped the gas, checked the oil and washed the windows!

The difference between flying and cruising is that most people need to fly to where they are going and cruising isn't a necessity.

We set sail on the 20th for 16 nights TA to Copenhagen. Although loosing any benefits that we have depended on in the past will be disappointing, I refuse to let the chatter upset our cruise. We will be checking with RCCL to see what our options are for internet and plan accordingly. I guess going forward we can decide what is important when planning future cruises! Happy sailing.

We set sail on the 20th for 16 nights TA to Copenhagen. Although loosing any benefits that we have depended on in the past will be disappointing, I refuse to let the chatter upset our cruise. We will be checking with RCCL to see what our options are for internet and plan accordingly. I guess going forward we can decide what is important when planning future cruises! Happy sailing.

Reasonable approach but depends on the cruise line to give you accurate info for planning purposes.