change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

That is the way it is pointing unfortunately and the introduction of a SL is a step in that direction.
Just to clarify the meaning of my post. I do not desire Diamond members to loose a lounge, that will be a great shame in my opinion. The point that I was making was that there does seem to be an issue with the Diamond lounge becoming increasingly full. I have seen occasions on recent cruises where members have been arriving an hour early to save seats and then sitting it out until the bar closes at 8:30, then going to dinner. This leaves less room for others.

Faced with the issue of increasing number of diamond and above members, Rccl seems to have two options: either they increase the size of the Diamond lounge (or use add hoc overspill, such as the pyramid lounge or viking crown), or they reduce the number of people in the lounge. Sadly, given the fact that they seem to be moving towards SLs on the refurbs, I suspect they will do the later. It seems to be a widely held belief that this is the reason they introduced the three free drinks.

To reiterate, my preference would be for the former.

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

There was also the "on selected ships" comment. Hmmm.... That really doesn't ring true. It suggests that at some time RCL will identify which ships do and which ships don't. Boy, wouldn't that open up a can of worms?

Maybe its the ships sailing out of European ports and specifically Southampton who might not get free wifi.

Just to clarify the meaning of my post. I do not desire Diamond members to loose a lounge, that will be a great shame in my opinion. The point that I was making was that there does seem to be an issue with the Diamond lounge becoming increasingly full. I have seen occasions on recent cruises where members have been arriving an hour early to save seats and then sitting it out until the bar closes at 8:30, then going to dinner. This leaves less room for others.

Faced with the issue of increasing number of diamond and above members, Rccl seems to have two options: either they increase the size of the Diamond lounge (or use add hoc overspill, such as the pyramid lounge or viking crown), or they reduce the number of people in the lounge. Sadly, given the fact that they seem to be moving towards SLs on the refurbs, I suspect they will do the later. It seems to be a widely held belief that this is the reason they introduced the three free drinks.

To reiterate, my preference would be for the former.

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

I agree and your post does make a lot of sense.

We have never used our D and now D+ free internet.

I use it to check golf stuff. Always something needing a reply.

Handy for checking in flights, but usually stay 1 night when arriving in port.

The free minutes was better. I think D got 30 and D+ got 60. That was better for me.

I have bought a few packages when on offer and doing a Ta. Usually wait until we get out of Europe and hit the sea days

The free minutes was better. I think D got 30 and D+ got 60. That was better for me.

I have bought a few packages when on offer and doing a Ta. Usually wait until we get out of Europe and hit the sea days

While cruising from Dubai i asked the D concierge to check us in for our flight.

In Europe Jet2 and Easyjet i check in for out and back flights before i leave home.

Flybe i check in on the app.

All my emails come through on my phone.

We have never done TA and that would be a time i would use ships internet.

There was also the "on selected ships" comment. Hmmm.... That really doesn't ring true. It suggests that at some time RCL will identify which ships do and which ships don't. Boy, wouldn't that open up a can of worms?

Selected ships typically means the 'test ships" before moving it out to the entire fleet.

I am in the UK so can't see the same FB posts that you can (even a link reverts to the UK page). The thing is though, is the person replying to your questions any more likely to be right than the UK C and A office. As usual with RCL, who knows who is telling the truth, we'll just have to wait and see.

Julie

I can see both the US and UK pages so you should be able to?

https://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbeanuk/ (Showing Symphony video)

https://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbean/ (Showing coco Cay video)

I can see both the US and UK pages so you should be able to?

https://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbeanuk/ (Showing Symphony video)

https://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbean/ (Showing coco Cay video)

No, the second link redirects to the UK page for me -

https://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbeanuk/?brand_redir=103249601396

so both show the same thing.

I'm afraid I'm not very computer savvy so no idea why?

Julie

We would also be happy with a set amount of time over the course of the cruise so long as the speed and reliability allow us to spend the time on the Internet, not trying to access it.

We keep an old email for our family to use for anything important when we're on cruises and I check it every two or three days. Unfortunately, when we had the set number of minutes before, I remember having to go to Guest Services to have some time refunded because of problems reaching the Internet with their service. I would not like to go back to that.

Margy

Maybe the Suite Lounge was at the request of Suite Guest. I think it’s clear many D and D+ have different ideas of the lounge use. Many C&A members treat it as a social lounge while most Suite Guests do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't pretend to read minds but I have made some observations on ships with a CL. I have seen Suite guests come into the lounge in shorts and bathing suit coverups both during the day and on formal nights. On formal nights they were asked to leave and return appropriately dressed. I have seen Suite children jumping on furniture and in general making a ruckus as their parents sat oblivious.

Most suite guests will comply with the rules of the CL, there have been some, however, who get annoyed if reminded of the dress code or asked to control their children and state more or less that they have paid to be there and will do and wear what they want and the CL is a convenience, an extension of the amenities in their room.

As I do not have access to the Suite Lounge, I don't know if these types of behaviors/attitudes exist in there but I do know it irritates many of those long-time C&A members when they witness it in the CL.

I don't pretend to read minds but I have made some observations on ships with a CL. I have seen Suite guests come into the lounge in shorts and bathing suit coverups both during the day and on formal nights. On formal nights they were asked to leave and return appropriately dressed. I have seen Suite children jumping on furniture and in general making a ruckus as their parents sat oblivious.

Most suite guests will comply with the rules of the CL, there have been some, however, who get annoyed if reminded of the dress code or asked to control their children and state more or less that they have paid to be there and will do and wear what they want and the CL is a convenience, an extension of the amenities in their room.

As I do not have access to the Suite Lounge, I don't know if these types of behaviors/attitudes exist in there but I do know it irritates many of those long-time C&A members when they witness it in the CL.

Email excerpt from Suite Concierge on Harmony April 7 cruise.

Shorts are only prohibited on Formal nights. Based on our past experience it has not been enforced in the SL.

“Please be informed that during the cocktail hours on formal nights, shorts, sandals and tank tops are not permitted in the lounge. We encourage all of our Guests to follow the evening dress code reflected on the daily Evening Planner. “

How do you know what a suite child is versus some other form of child?

Remember the CL is for suite guests paying big for the privilege and many suite guests are diamond, diamond plus, or even pinnacle. So to categorize people is just silly. All types of behavior exists among all groups. I’ve seen diamonds and D plus dress in all types of clothes on formal nights or any night for that manner. They feel entitled b/c they diamond status makes them so special. Lol. Kids are kids and bad parenting exists at all income levels.

In the SL you can pretty much do what you want as a guest. When you pay that much for a cruise they aren’t going to ask you to leave because your wearing dress shorts and a polo shirt in the caribbean. The CL, just like the DL, has a lot of folks there to get their free drinks so it is totally different. In the SL it is sky class and up plus pinnacles. I’ve never seen poorly dressed people to the point that it is an issue. Shorts all the time but I dont count that. And no one seems to care. Never seen bathing suits at night, etc. I love the suite lounges. They are big, service oriented, and just an awesome part of sky class and up.

Remember the CL is for suite guests paying big for the privilege and many suite guests are diamond, diamond plus, or even pinnacle. So to categorize people is just silly. All types of behavior exists among all groups. I’ve seen diamonds and D plus dress in all types of clothes on formal nights or any night for that manner. They feel entitled b/c they diamond status makes them so special. Lol. Kids are kids and bad parenting exists at all income levels.

In the SL you can pretty much do what you want as a guest. When you pay that much for a cruise they aren’t going to ask you to leave because your wearing dress shorts and a polo shirt in the caribbean. The CL, just like the DL, has a lot of folks there to get their free drinks so it is totally different. In the SL it is sky class and up plus pinnacles. I’ve never seen poorly dressed people to the point that it is an issue. Shorts all the time but I dont count that. And no one seems to care. Never seen bathing suits at night, etc. I love the suite lounges. They are big, service oriented, and just an awesome part of sky class and up.

The children to whom I was referring to had been identified as the children of suite guests by the concierge. Their parents did not have a C &A status that would have allowed them access to the CL.

Typically, I have found that when children are the offspring of C&A members who have lounge access, those children are usually well-behaved, having been told of the expected behaviors. They do not handle the buffet food, are not boisterous, and do not climb on the furniture, but again, this is only my experience.

Remember the CL is for suite guests paying big for the privilege and many suite guests are diamond, diamond plus, or even pinnacle. So to categorize people is just silly. All types of behavior exists among all groups. I’ve seen diamonds and D plus dress in all types of clothes on formal nights or any night for that manner. They feel entitled b/c they diamond status makes them so special. Lol. Kids are kids and bad parenting exists at all income levels

How to identify a suite kid (or adult for that matter) in a lounge? Well, sometimes you see their gold card. Sometimes the concierge mentions it. Sometimes they tell you about their suite or suite experience. Sometimes one can infer it from conversations (they mention they are new to cruising or to RCI). Naturally, some suite kids/guests are also C&A kids/guests.

I never tried to identify behavior difference between suite kids and C&A kids. If a kid is poorly behaved or parent is inattentive, how they got lounge priveldges does not matter to me.

Also waiting, if so, another Diamond Plus benefit being eliminated. No reason for Diamonds to try & reach Diamond Plus.

Read this. Might help you understand the direction and what lies ahead. It’s about onboard spending. Adding to revenues. Offering discounts on package deals so that your purchase something.

http://www.businessinsider.com/royal-caribbean-ceo-explains-business-strategy-interview-2018-4

Well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow :confused::confused:

Right! We should all be getting our emails from RCI tomorrow because "There have been no changes made to the benefits. If any of your benefits are altered, we will inform you ASAP." or "The benefits haven't changed. If anything is to change, we will inform our Crown & Anchor members immediately and directly"

Read this. Might help you understand the direction and what lies ahead. It’s about onboard spending. Adding to revenues. Offering discounts on package deals so that your purchase something.

http://www.businessinsider.com/royal-caribbean-ceo-explains-business-strategy-interview-2018-4

Interesting.

We tend to think of prices as relative, rather than absolute, which means we'll pay $12 for a drink we don't need after spending $80 at a bar — because $12 seems small compared to the total amount of money we've already spent.

The same logic applies to booking a cruise. If you're spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a vacation, adding another few hundred dollars for an excursion or drink package doesn't seem as expensive in the context of a larger purchase. And once you're on the cruise, you're less likely to consider the money you've already spent when making your on-board budget, which means you'll probably spend more overall.

Thankfully I don't fall into this generalisation.