change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

This is huge for us, too. [We are D+] We usually use DH's free days during the first half of the cruise to check on family/emails. We buy a smaller package for me to check airline flights and use email, etc toward the end of the cruise.

We do not feel there was much of a bump in benefits from D to D+. This is the one we use most. We often do not use the laundry unless it is a long cruise [12+ days] and have never used the BOGO for the specialty restaurants. We like to get to know our dinner companions on the first night.

When you spend your money in most businesses they offer free Wi-Fi......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

And all the hotels I stay at that don’t offer it free right off the bat, give me free WiFi if I sign up for their loyalty program.

Your comment will not be welcome here.

Thanks for your honesty and being brave.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing brave about it. What could happen to me? Some strangers I don´t know and don´t care about could use the Internet to express their feelings towards me. So what? :cool:

No free days. For a couple of D+ on a 7 day cruise, they can probably get by without a package at all with 4 free days.

Exactly. And this is exactly why I think they are making the change. Lots of people taking up bandwidth and getting no $$$. So, for us, not only do we now have to spend $$ to get back to where we were, the perk for the second person is now useless.

The only time I can see this being "better" is on a long cruise. We have a 16N TA coming up and the 40% off probably is better -- too bad the internet on that ship sound terrible. So, even when its "better", it isn't.

mac_tlc

The C&A employee’s answer reminds me of her answer w/ the Concierge Lounge a few years ago. I mentioned with them renaming the Concierge Lounge to a Suite lounge, they’d effectively removed the Concierge lounge perk for Diamond+. And they said the Diamond Plus members still had the Concierge lounge perk.

If they still offer the internet free day internet perk, but there’s not an option to buy one (or two) days to apply that coupon, it’s pretty much gone.

I cruised on HAL last fall, and they didn’t offer any loyalty internet benefit for the equivalent of Diamond. I did get an embarkation day internet discount.

Royal Caribbean internet was way better than what I got on HAL’s ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What am I missing here? 40% off still sounds like a pretty good perk...

40% does indeed sound great however , I wouldn't be surprised to see the price go up AGAIN for the Internet package and in the they will still get $15.99 per day

BTW IMHO the internet packages are way over priced as it is

Exactly. And this is exactly why I think they are making the change. Lots of people taking up bandwidth and getting no $$$. So, for us, not only do we now have to spend $$ to get back to where we were, the perk for the second person is now useless.

The only time I can see this being "better" is on a long cruise. We have a 16N TA coming up and the 40% off probably is better -- too bad the internet on that ship sound terrible. So, even when its "better", it isn't.

mac_tlc

I also have a 15 night TA next week.

I don't need or want a 15 night Wi-Fi package.....no matter what the discount is.

A couple of days was perfect.

Maybe Royal released it on Grandeur to test the reactions??

40% does indeed sound great however , I wouldn't be surprised to see the price go up AGAIN for the Internet package and in the they will still get $15.99 per day
With a percentage discount, they can change their starting price to anything they want.

On the Serenade in 2015, they had a three night specialty package for $65 on the first leg of our B2B, and $70 on the second leg.

But the first time I purchased it, I got it for $55.

A lot of our Diamond Plus benefits seem to be affected. We still got our Diamond Plus free bag of laundry on the Radiance last summer, but turning it in on Day 4 and getting it the night of Day 6 (in time to pack up and go home), wasn't very helpful. Especially since we had a four-night pre-cruise and were planning on using the free bag on Day 2.

With a percentage discount, they can change their starting price to anything they want.

On the Serenade in 2015, they had a three night specialty package for $65 on the first leg of our B2B, and $70 on the second leg.

But the first time I purchased it, I got it for $55.

The first time I purchased VOOM was on Anthem in Dec 2015. There was only one package which included streaming and it was $7 or $8 a day. Nothing has changed on the Anthem. I am sure there has been no rewiring of the ship or better routers that would cause the prices to skyrocket. To what end?

A lot of our Diamond Plus benefits seem to be affected. We still got our Diamond Plus free bag of laundry on the Radiance last summer, but turning it in on Day 4 and getting it the night of Day 6 (in time to pack up and go home), wasn't very helpful. Especially since we had a four-night pre-cruise and were planning on using the free bag on Day 2.

This is something you can usually control. Speak to the stateroom attendant about the wash & fold bag, many times we can get it on any day. Plus, if you turn in the clothes in the morning, you can usually get them back by 5pm the next day.

This is something you can usually control. Speak to the stateroom attendant about the wash & fold bag, many times we can get it on any day. Plus, if you turn in the clothes in the morning, you can usually get them back by 5pm the next day.

This is good to know with my upcoming cruise schedule. Thanks.

I guess that depends on the ship. We have seldom gotten them back by the next day. Sometimes it's been the third day.

I guess that depends on the ship. We have seldom gotten them back by the next day. Sometimes it's been the third day.

Yes, I've seen some variability too. The stateroom attendant should be able to give you that info too.

There is nothing free on a cruise on Royal and you know that. It's all paid for when passage is bought. There are things with no up charge or discounts. Royal does not have a supplier giving them booze with no charge nor some sat company giving them a tower or free access to a satalite. It's the age of entitlement.

No, just the loss of a nice perk.

Re: laundry timing

It has been quite a while since I have experienced next day turnaround.

It now takes two days. (Or occasionally, as mentioned, 3 days [emoji15])

I agree, but they blew us away on Adventure. We got one day (turning in at 5pm, receiving by 5pm the next day) turnaround twice.:)

It shouldn't matter long as your cruise is over 4 days long. I know I have used it before day 4 in past cruises , they we use my wifes towards the end of the cruise.

Some ppl don't know that each person in the stateroom gets this benny !

I also have a 15 night TA next week.

I don't need or want a 15 night Wi-Fi package.....no matter what the discount is.

A couple of days was perfect.

Maybe Royal released it on Grandeur to test the reactions??

On same TA and, with TAs in general, when you're in the middle of the Atlantic, you tend to forget there's a another world out there. Or maybe you forget intentionally. No need for 15 days of internet.

I agree, but they blew us away on Adventure. We got one day (turning in at 5pm, receiving by 5pm the next day) turnaround twice.:)

I have used the free bag of laundry 4 times this year and turn around time has been a day or day and a half. Always leave a tip on top of the bag too!!

It shouldn't matter long as your cruise is over 4 days long. I know I have used it before day 4 in past cruises , they we use my wifes towards the end of the cruise.

Some ppl don't know that each person in the stateroom gets this benny !

They would run nice specials during the cruise. Just had to watch for them. On a 7 day cruise, there is usually a special between day 3 and 4 to pick up internet for the rest of the cruise with coupon for $1.99. That was for diamond plus.

Re: laundry timing

It has been quite a while since I have experienced next day turnaround.

It now takes two days. (Or occasionally, as mentioned, 3 days [emoji15])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI - recently, on Grandeur, it has been one day return for either the laundry bag or dry cleaning. Katherine