Getting flight boarding pass on board

denamo

Wondering if you have to have internet on board to get a boarding pass for disembarkation flight. I know on other cruise lines we've been able to get this service complimentary without having to have internet.

We'll be on the Caribbean Princess next month.

Thanks for answers to this question.

Wondering if you have to have internet on board to get a boarding pass for disembarkation flight. I know on other cruise lines we've been able to get this service complimentary without having to have internet.

We'll be on the Caribbean Princess next month.

Thanks for answers to this question.

There's usually a special 20 minute package offered for the internet on the last day. Just for that purpose. There's a fee for it.

Just curious, what cruise lines offer complimentary internet for getting boarding passes? None of the ones we've been on do that.

Edited by Shmoo here

The only time I've seen complimentary boarding passes was when they were included with a luggage/bus transfer program or on concierge bookings when the concierge took care of it. No, it isn't free on Princess but they offer a 20 minute internet plan on the last day for $10 which allows you to do on line check in. Of course you can also wait till the ship docks in the morning and use your cell phone (if you are on a flight that has assigned seats, this delay won't matter. Then you can either send the boarding pass to your phone and use that to board or indicate that you'll print out the boarding pass at the airport, which has no charge on most airlines.

The only time I've seen complimentary boarding passes was when they were included with a luggage/bus transfer program or on concierge bookings when the concierge took care of it. No' date=' it isn't free on Princess but they offer a 20 minute internet plan on the last day for $10 which allows you to do on line check in. Of course you can also wait till the ship docks in the morning and use your cell phone (if you are on a flight that has assigned seats, this delay won't matter. Then you can either send the boarding pass to your phone and use that to board or indicate that you'll print out the boarding pass at the airport, which has no charge on most airlines.

Flying SWA, so no assigned seating. Better boarding assignment if check in 24 hours earlier. Not so interested in where we sit on the plane as having room for our carry on in overhead bin.

Celebrity internet staff sometimes will print boarding passes for free.

As for Princess, it wouldn’t be illegal to talk with a fellow passenger who would allow you access to their free minutes to get your boarding pass. Ask me... as I always have excess time.

Flying SWA, so no assigned seating. Better boarding assignment if check in 24 hours earlier. Not so interested in where we sit on the plane as having room for our carry on in overhead bin.

So on Southwest you can pay for them to do your automatic check in and get an A group assignment. Or you can buy internet time.

Thanks for all of the timely responses.

We've gotten complimentary check in on Royal Caribbean. They had free standing machines to be able to do this. Have had Loyalty Concierges also do this for us. Once they began their Luggage Valet program we did that. So boarding pass included.

Our loyalty level on Royal Caribbean allows us to have some internet minutes. We have used those to check in 24 hours earlier. In our experience, if we do our own check in online 24 hours ahead, our boarding pass included with our luggage package is in a much better position for boarding than letting the luggage program check us in. We fly Southwest, so you're at the mercy of computer check-in with no assigned seating.

So on Southwest you can pay for them to do your automatic check in and get an A group assignment. Or you can buy internet time.

We have done this. They no longer guarantee an A group assignment. :( Used for a couple of Princess cruises we were on. Both times using this we were in B. Kind of wondered if paying for internet would basically even out in cost.

Interesting thing about SWA's early bird check in is they assign you 36 hours ahead of the flight. It's highly possible if there has been a late cancellation, and a person does a late check in without early bird check in, they can easily be assigned ahead of someone who paid for early bird check in. Recently read some reviews of SWA flyers who were extremely unhappy about this flaw. :( This info is totally off topic, but it's free. LOL!

Celebrity internet staff sometimes will print boarding passes for free.

As for Princess, it wouldn’t be illegal to talk with a fellow passenger who would allow you access to their free minutes to get your boarding pass. Ask me... as I always have excess time.

Oh, that is so nice of you! We're not too high on the loyalty level chain just yet with Princess.

When possible, we use EZ Check. With it, Princess will check you in, print boarding passes, pick up your luggage outside your cabin, and deliver to the airport and from there on to your home airport. Cost is $25 per person plus what ever luggage charges you incur with your airline.

When possible, we use EZ Check. With it, Princess will check you in, print boarding passes, pick up your luggage outside your cabin, and deliver to the airport and from there on to your home airport. Cost is $25 per person plus what ever luggage charges you incur with your airline.

Thanks for that info Paul. We have used EZ before but I wasn't aware of this service.

We often fly SW after a cruise. Rather than gambling on the ship's internet (and paying for the service) we simply buy Southwest's "Early Bird" option which is $15 per person and will get you an "A" boarding number. With Early Bird there is no need (or reason) to do the 24 hour advance check-in. Once you get to the airport you simply print out your boarding pass at a Kiosk....which will have your "A" number.

Hank

The problem with EZ Check and Southwest is they are not going to be sitting waiting for exactly 24 hours before your flight to check you in. They will do it when they get a chance. Early Bird should get you a lower number.

Just a heads up. Even if you check in at 24 hours to the second for SW, you will, these days, probably get a horrendous boarding number. Might have been because it was during Spring Break to FLL, but in flying down, I checked in exactly 24 hours ahead and got C7 and C8!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always do early bird check-in with SW for the return flight after a cruise so I don't have to worry about getting my boarding pass until I get to the airport. I check in with my baggage usually at the outside check-in site and they will give me my boarding pass.

Unless it is off season, think I might even do early bird check in for the flight to also next time!!! Also even if you pay for early bird, don't be surprised if you get a low B number. That is common nowadays too.

Pooh