Thermal Spa Pass daily cost - Epic ?

MCC retired

The day passes are sold at the discretion of the spa. Normally only if they sell out the weekly passes. And then, normally on the slowest of port days. Never a Sea day. On all our recent cruises, the spa did not sell any day passes.

The day passes are sold at the discretion of the spa. Normally only if they sell out the weekly passes. And then, normally on the slowest of port days. Never a Sea day. On all our recent cruises, the spa did not sell any day passes.

Would you recommend th spa on Epic? We were disappointed by the spa on Jade as it was very male/ female segregated...ie no mixed jacuzzis at all, plus a very small thermal pool with about 4 beds in ...so not much room for others in the water. The heated relaxation beds outside the pool were often full too, so my husband & I went into the spa several times but then we left immediately, as there was really nowhere to go, other than sit separately in the designated male or female areas. The Dawn spa was better...so am wondering what the Epic spa is like.

Would you recommend th spa on Epic? We were disappointed by the spa on Jade as it was very male/ female segregated...ie no mixed jacuzzis at all, plus a very small thermal pool with about 4 beds in ...so not much room for others in the water. The heated relaxation beds outside the pool were often full too, so my husband & I went into the spa several times but then we left immediately, as there was really nowhere to go, other than sit separately in the designated male or female areas. The Dawn spa was better...so am wondering what the Epic spa is like.

The thermal suite on the Epic is the best in the fleet. Better than all of the new ships (we’ll check out the Bliss spa soon).

Aft facing balcony. Large picture windows in the dry and wet saunas to look out at the sea. Separate relation rooms.

Epic spa is similar to the Dawn. Not as nice as on the :"away" ships, but better than you describe on the Jade.

Thanks for all info on the Epic's spa...I think we will book it, but I wish there was a covered pool, weather may not be great as we will be on a Transatlantic crossing in Nov to Florida. As long as the seas are calm it should be fine.

I believe I read somewhere that it is $248 per person for the week. To me, that’s a lot. I was on Carnival Dream twice for $199/wk and their spa whirlpool was huge and amazing. I have not been on Epic yet, going in November. In pictures it doesn’t look as good as the dream, BUT, I almost always hear people rave about it. Having the spa pass is great, you can truly unwind and relax. Bring earbuds because sometimes people will stay in there and chatter the hours away. They have a tour right at the start of the cruise. I prefer to have the pass even if I don’t use it every day. It’s worth it at some point during a busy cruise vacation.

I believe I read somewhere that it is $248 per person for the week. To me, that’s a lot. I was on Carnival Dream twice for $199/wk and their spa whirlpool was huge and amazing. I have not been on Epic yet, going in November. In pictures it doesn’t look as good as the dream, BUT, I almost always hear people rave about it. Having the spa pass is great, you can truly unwind and relax. Bring earbuds because sometimes people will stay in there and chatter the hours away. They have a tour right at the start of the cruise. I prefer to have the pass even if I don’t use it every day. It’s worth it at some point during a busy cruise vacation.

it's $299 on 15 day transatlantic-works out less than $20 per day

cost for a week nearer $140

Epic spa is similar to the Dawn. Not as nice as on the :"away" ships, but better than you describe on the Jade.

The Epic Spa Suite is no way close to similar to Dawn. Epic is hands down superior to Dawn.

it's $299 on 15 day transatlantic-works out less than $20 per day

cost for a week nearer $140

That is reasonable. I was at red rock resort and spa in Las Vegas last week and it cost $25 per day to use the spa. And the view from the aft facing Epic spa is a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Incorrect. The thermal suite on the Epic is larger than any of the -away ships with similar co-ed facilities as well as steam and saunas in the lockerrooms. The hydrotherapy pool on the Epic is similar in size to the -away class ships. Separate relaxation rooms if you don't want the noise in the main spa areas. Absolutely nothing like the Dawn.

I booked a spa pass on Epic last year on a week-long Caribbean cruise for about $200 for the week. It was the best money I’ve spent on a cruise to date. I wasn’t sure how much I would use it, but I ended up spending hours a day there. Epic spa is just fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone sailing on her.