Edge - ification of Solstice Class – News just in

DYKWIA

I received an email this morning concerning the upcoming edgification of Solstice Class Ships. Details below.

“Happy Holidays and do we have some great news for you on the Solstice Class renovations which we are calling The very edgy renovation

All new suite pool and restaurant area – In addition to Luminae and Michael's Club - The solarium pool will be transformed into a suite only zone,featuring a luxury pool and gourmet kitchen area – a string quartet will play around the clock. (Non Suite guests will still be able to use the pool for $10 for 30 minutes but will not be able to use any of the other luxurious features in this area)

Ocean view cafe revitalisation – we've listened to you and we will now be offering a simpler lighter cuisine similar to what our current Aqua Spa offerings. If you're hungry you will still be able to feast on hot food for a small supplement ($40 + service charge). We will also be introducing a new feature called “Beat the Line” - for a small supplement you'll be able to go straight to the front of any queue in the Ocean View Cafe.

The Hop – we've listened to you and are doing away with dated live music and focusing more on Silent Discos. The Ensemble Bar will now be renamed The Hop and will feature a Silent Disco 24/7.

Mother's Ruin – Our Martini Bar will be renamed Mother's Ruin and will focus on Gin cocktails

The Frat House – Bye Bye to Cellarmasters and hello to Party time – Cellarmasters will be remodelled and will feature an intoxicating array of super strength beers.

Music you want –we've listened to you and realise Miami DJ's are so 2017. Mother's Ruin will feature a lively Drum and Bass ambiance, Our Frat House will feature Seattle based Grunge music and as a special for cruises sailing from the UK a Yorkshire Colliery band will play each night in the Main Dining Room.

Sport at Sea – we will be replacing the Basketball court with a boxing and wrestling ring and there will be regular bouts that guests can participate in. We will also be replacing The Lawn Club with a state of the art crazy golf course for our a Suite Guests ($20 fee for non suite guests –club hire not included)

Guest lecturers – we are working with a new Agency to bring something different to traditional cruise lectures. Our guest speakers will vary from reformed criminals talking about their past to a wide variety of religious speakers telling you about their beliefs...and why you should listen!

A new website – we've listened and we know how much you love our current website –therefore we will be enhancing it further with more graphics and videos – but rest assured the basic top end functionality will be unchanged.

New Complimentary Dining - our current Main Dining room will be renamed Lisa's Cafe- simpler, well-cooked food, in a casual environment, delivered quickly is what you've begged us for and we will deliver. Everyday items from the Mast Grill will replace the current everyday favorites. Guests will be able to enjoy a fantastic modern 2 course airline inspired menu and service.

The new features are expected to be rolled out fleet wide by 1st April 2019"

I received an email this morning concerning the upcoming edgification of Solstice Class Ships. Details below.

“Happy Holidays and do we have some great news for you on the Solstice Class renovations which we are calling The very edgy renovation

All new suite pool and restaurant area – In addition to Luminae and Michael's Club - The solarium pool will be transformed into a suite only zone,featuring a luxury pool and gourmet kitchen area – a string quartet will play around the clock. (Non Suite guests will still be able to use the pool for $10 for 30 minutes but will not be able to use any of the other luxurious features in this area)

Ocean view cafe revitalisation – we've listened to you and we will now be offering a simpler lighter cuisine similar to what our current Aqua Spa offerings. If you're hungry you will still be able to feast on hot food for a small supplement ($40 + service charge). We will also be introducing a new feature called “Beat the Line” - for a small supplement you'll be able to go straight to the front of any queue in the Ocean View Cafe.

The Hop – we've listened to you and are doing away with dated live music and focusing more on Silent Discos. The Ensemble Bar will now be renamed The Hop and will feature a Silent Disco 24/7.

Mother's Ruin – Our Martini Bar will be renamed Mother's Ruin and will focus on Gin cocktails

The Frat House – Bye Bye to Cellarmasters and hello to Party time – Cellarmasters will be remodelled and will feature an intoxicating array of super strength beers.

Music you want –we've listened to you and realise Miami DJ's are so 2017. Mother's Ruin will feature a lively Drum and Bass ambiance, Our Frat House will feature Seattle based Grunge music and as a special for cruises sailing from the UK a Yorkshire Colliery band will play each night in the Main Dining Room.

Sport at Sea – we will be replacing the Basketball court with a boxing and wrestling ring and there will be regular bouts that guests can participate in. We will also be replacing The Lawn Club with a state of the art crazy golf course for our a Suite Guests ($20 fee for non suite guests –club hire not included)

Guest lecturers – we are working with a new Agency to bring something different to traditional cruise lectures. Our guest speakers will vary from reformed criminals talking about their past to a wide variety of religious speakers telling you about their beliefs...and why you should listen!

A new website – we've listened and we know how much you love our current website –therefore we will be enhancing it further with more graphics and videos – but rest assured the basic top end functionality will be unchanged.

New Complimentary Dining - our current Main Dining room will be renamed Lisa's Cafe- simpler, well-cooked food, in a casual environment, delivered quickly is what you've begged us for and we will deliver. Everyday items from the Mast Grill will replace the current everyday favorites. Guests will be able to enjoy a fantastic modern 2 course airline inspired menu and service.

The new features are expected to be rolled out fleet wide by 1st April 2019"

I’m in! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually was buying into this until the 2nd 'we listened to you' comment! BTW...I was about to say how well informed you seem to be and who is your 'inside' contact.... Good one...you got me with an April Fool!

OMG:'). Mother’s Ruin, great name, but I hope the gin is better quality than that imbibed by the poor souls in the former “stews”. You got me with the title, but I burst out laughing while reading the first paragraph. Thanks for the amusing start to the day. Cheers:D

;pWhy did you have to share this secret so early? Celebrity was going to roll it out in phases like the Edge...now everyone knows and the big surprise is no surprise at all! You may just be banned from any more cruises on Celebrity! At least you did not mention the special elevator passes that one can receive from High Priced Services on deck 12. Hopefully, there will be packages of three to nine! This elevator goes sideways(horizontal) instead of vertical and comes from a passenger' request!

Edited by Lastdance

HA HA HA

Although it's an April Fool's Day post, X has already implemented some of these ideas to a lesser extent...esp as to the website, music and demographics they try to attract!

Gotta admit, you had me going there when I read the first renovation regarding the solariim pool. That does seem like something they would seriously consider. If you left it at that, this thread would be in double digit pages by now.

Thanks for the chuckle!