Non-Seafood Eaters - Anthem Izumi - Worthwhile?

I do not eat any type of seafood due to allergies. DH - will eat "cooked traditional seafood" (ie salmon, flounder, etc). I know that Izumi caters to seafood, especially sushi. We have friends who want to go there with us but I am concerned that there will be nothing for us to eat (other than bowls of rice). I've checked out the menu online and only saw edamame and mocha ice cream as options. Has anyone eaten there recently that could remember is there is possibly other choices for us? TYIA!

I do not eat any type of seafood due to allergies. DH - will eat "cooked traditional seafood" (ie salmon, flounder, etc). I know that Izumi caters to seafood, especially sushi. We have friends who want to go there with us but I am concerned that there will be nothing for us to eat (other than bowls of rice). I've checked out the menu online and only saw edamame and mocha ice cream as options. Has anyone eaten there recently that could remember is there is possibly other choices for us? TYIA!

I believe Anthem has the hibachi option, which would allow you to have beef or chicken. However, from what I've seen, it's all cooked on the same grill, so you might be subject to cross contamination. This might be something to discuss with special_needs@rccl.com.

I think you need to disregard my previous post.

I took a look at the menu and I see no mention of hibachi. Normally, if a ship does not have the hibachi, they have a hot rock option, which would be even better for you, but I don't see that either.

We will have to wait for someone to confirm, but if Anthem's Izumi has neither hibachi nor hot rock, I would say there is not much for you to eat there.

Edited by Host Clarea

Thanks Bob..........will wait until we get on the ship and figure it out. Worst case we could always have drinks and enjoy the company of our friends. Have never tried Sake - so that may be fun to try some drinks there!

Thanks Bob..........will wait until we get on the ship and figure it out. Worst case we could always have drinks and enjoy the company of our friends. Have never tried Sake - so that may be fun to try some drinks there!

Sake - you and my wife would get along great!:D

On both Anthem and Quantum Izumi does not have Hot Rock. DH doesn't eat any fish/seafood so we checked it out. We have friends currently on Ovation and it's the same there. We have enjoyed Izumi Hibachi and the Hot Rock option on the ships that have them.

Sounds very similar to what Adventure has now, the only hot food is the miso soup.

It may be possible to have something from another restaurant served. Inquire once aboard.

On Quantum class ships Izumi not a regular restaurant like it is on the other class of ship. It's a smaller venue on a corner and is promoted as a la carte dining. Have you been able to order something from another restaurant to be served in Izumi?

The food is cooked in the back in the case of an allergy.

That's what they did for DH on Oasis and Allure.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Good idea about having something from another restaurant delivered to Izumi!

You may have to do the opposite (have Izumi food at another restaurant). When we were on Adventure, a couple wanted to go to Izumi and also have lobster delivered from the MDR. The ship could not do it because of USPH regulations. Apparently the Izumi on Adventure is not set up for hot food cannot even serve it.

You may have to do the opposite (have Izumi food at another restaurant). When we were on Adventure, a couple wanted to go to Izumi and also have lobster delivered from the MDR. The ship could not do it because of USPH regulations. Apparently the Izumi on Adventure is not set up for hot food cannot even serve it.

I think that's also how it is on Quantum Class....with the exception of the soup.

The hibachi grills are cleaned between meals....and if you have an allergy, YOUR food will be cooked before others...so that there isn't "cross contamination".

Will they do this to accommodate Vegetarians? I've been looking for a thread to find out more information in regard to Vegetarian options etc, but I'm struggling a bit with this forum.:eek:

Will they do this to accommodate Vegetarians? I've been looking for a thread to find out more information in regard to Vegetarian options etc, but I'm struggling a bit with this forum.:eek:

They are very good at accomodating dietary restrictions. Contact special_needs@rccl.com prior to the cruise. They will put you in touch with the crewmembes onboard who can guide you.

I am with you, I don't eat seafood at all. But I like Izumi. I usually get a hot rock. But on anthem no hot rocks. So I go with a double order of chicken karage one of my favorites with white rice and mooche ice cream. [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums