A couple of quick questions

In preparation for my trip on the Adventure, I've got a couple of quick questions.

1. Can drink packages be upgraded? If I buy a soda package, can it be upgraded to a refreshment package for just the difference?

2. Do they ever do any on board specials for the drink packages (versus buying in advance)?

3. Are the celebration cakes worth it? Both my wife and I are celebrating our birthdays on board (2 days apart). One night will be in Chopps, but the other night will be in the MDR (last night). Thinking of ordering a cake for the "day in between" which should be a formal night. Is the cake worth the cost?

Thanks.

Any drink package as long as it was purchased and not included as a perk can be upgraded by paying the difference.

I’ve never seen the drink packages cheaper on board than they are in the cruise planner.

There were pictures of a cake recently that someone ordered, it did not come close to resembling the picture of it.

When I pre-ordered a cake for my friend's 40th on Oasis, it was really good. I had it set up to be delivered to our stateroom the first day of the cruise and it was there when we walked into our suite. That's been about 3 1/2 years ago, so maybe things have changed, but our group thought the cake was great and worth it.

In preparation for my trip on the Adventure, I've got a couple of quick questions.

1. Can drink packages be upgraded? If I buy a soda package, can it be upgraded to a refreshment package for just the difference?

If YOU PURCHASED it, yes. If someone else gifted it to you, no. If you are buying it yourself, it will be cheaper to buy the package you really want before your cruise.

2. Do they ever do any on board specials for the drink packages (versus buying in advance)?

These days it is never cheaper to buy on board.

3. Are the celebration cakes worth it? Both my wife and I are celebrating our birthdays on board (2 days apart). One night will be in Chopps, but the other night will be in the MDR (last night). Thinking of ordering a cake for the "day in between" which should be a formal night. Is the cake worth the cost?

Thanks.

Read this: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2619195

:)

Thanks.

Never any deals onboard! If you want to upgrade I'd cancel soda package and buy the package you want online before you go.

As for the cakes, they are a nice surprise but not that tasty. If you're going to Chop's I would certainly choose one of their desserts over ordering a cake. Tell them it's your birthday and I believe they will put a candle in your dessert and sing. Enjoy!!