Celebrity's wonderful IT strikes again

chamima

I just received the following email from my TA.

I've received these before and contacted her to say the cruise referenced is not "soon" but a year away and she told me she isn't sending out these emails. They're generated automatically from Celebrity.

Besides the year away problem, something else glaringly stood out so I just had to share.

Karen,

Your vacation will be here before you know it! Below are details about your cruise. Check out the activities and other amenities that you will experience on board.

Celebrity Cruises

Celebrity Silhouette

February 1, 2019

ship.jpgCelebrity Silhouette

You have another outstanding option for cruising Europe and the Caribbean with Celebrity Silhouette®. She's impressive, with all the best-loved Solstice® Class features—and some new ones. Chic changes to Celebrity's iconic Lawn Club provide more opportunities to relax, eat, drink and socialize in the fresh air. Take a painting class with a Master Artist from the ArtCenter/South Florida in The Art Studio.

Celebrate the flavorful joys of outdoor grilling in the new, interactive Lawn Club Grill. Unwind in your own cabana-styled haven, The Alcoves. Inside, go on a culinary adventure in Qsine® where you order food and wine from an iPad® menu. Excitement brews with up to 50 international craft beers in the enhanced Michael's Club. And sweeping veranda views enhance 85% of her staterooms. We've created an extraordinary vacation experience. Again.

How long has Michael's been a lounge for suites only - just a couple of days, right? ;p

I have recently received some emails welcoming me to a cruise that is not on my schedule. If this is true, I would like to thank the individual who paid for this vacation. ;) The IT department is a bunch of lost rocket scientists without a rocket!

I have recently received some emails welcoming me to a cruise that is not on my schedule. If this is true, I would like to thank the individual who paid for this vacation. ;) The IT department is a bunch of lost rocket scientists without a rocket!

Try to do the online checkin. If that works, clear your calendar and go!

I just received the following email from my TA.

I've received these before and contacted her to say the cruise referenced is not "soon" but a year away and she told me she isn't sending out these emails. They're generated automatically from Celebrity.

Besides the year away problem, something else glaringly stood out so I just had to share.

Karen,

Your vacation will be here before you know it! Below are details about your cruise. Check out the activities and other amenities that you will experience on board.

Celebrity Cruises

Celebrity Silhouette

February 1, 2019

ship.jpgCelebrity Silhouette

You have another outstanding option for cruising Europe and the Caribbean with Celebrity Silhouette®. She's impressive, with all the best-loved Solstice® Class features—and some new ones. Chic changes to Celebrity's iconic Lawn Club provide more opportunities to relax, eat, drink and socialize in the fresh air. Take a painting class with a Master Artist from the ArtCenter/South Florida in The Art Studio.

Celebrate the flavorful joys of outdoor grilling in the new, interactive Lawn Club Grill. Unwind in your own cabana-styled haven, The Alcoves. Inside, go on a culinary adventure in Qsine® where you order food and wine from an iPad® menu. Excitement brews with up to 50 international craft beers in the enhanced Michael's Club. And sweeping veranda views enhance 85% of her staterooms. We've created an extraordinary vacation experience. Again.

How long has Michael's been a lounge for suites only - just a couple of days, right? ;p

Very strange. It is certainly would not be surprising if an outdated e mail was sent by Celebrity. So I am not really defending them.

I am booked on the same cruise and I did not receive the same e mail. i am booked with a different TA. But it is not my next Celebrity cruise. I did not receive the e mail for that cruise either.

I would be a little suspicious of the claim that Celebrity has automatically sent out an e mail from the TA’s e mail address. Perhaps it is coming from the TA’s parent affiliation?

Either way, it is odd.

Very strange. It is certainly would not be surprising if an outdated e mail was sent by Celebrity. So I am not really defending them.

I am booked on the same cruise and I did not receive the same e mail. i am booked with a different TA. But it is not my next Celebrity cruise. I did not receive the e mail for that cruise either.

I would be a little suspicious of the claim that Celebrity has automatically sent out an e mail from the TA’s e mail address. Perhaps it is coming from the TA’s parent affiliation?

Either way, it is odd.

Celebrity IT personnel requirement is be a member of the Flat Earth Society

What kind of gets to me (a little thing, among several) is that when making an online booking - while trying to choose between suites, it indicates that the PH category has TWO BEDROOMS.

I know on the Edge, they will - but this comes up when looking at various Solstice class ships --- like they're incapable of getting the info down to class/ship specific levels. I seem to recall one of the images in their gallery also shows the old dark wood shot from a Millenneum class ship PH !!

Oh well...

Tom

You know, the IT Department gets a lot of well deserved flak, but this one is not on them. They simply provide the systems for communication. The frequency, timing, and content are not their decisions. In this case I would be blaming marketing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problems with IT are legion when Celebrity is concerned. I don't doubt that they are behind the email rather than the TA...and I don't know the TA! They've had information disappear, reappear, unavailable and incorrect too often to name. One that always makes me scratch my head and say "hmmm" is the lack of a mechanism to indicate dining in Blu for Aqua Class. They have to show early, late or select instead.