Opening Time for Reservations

Maybe you mentioned it but what cabin category are you in?

Cheap seats - F, inside, booking with the rest of the folks in verandas, I think. For my cruise, it was one reservation at Polo and one at Toscana, 11 day voyage (counting embark and disembark days as one day, as Oceania does).

Think if I check later, there might possibly be something different, or are things likely to stay the same until online booking closes? I'm pretty happy with my reservations, but like everything else, they could be even better!

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

Cheap seats - F, inside, booking with the rest of the folks in verandas, I think. For my cruise, it was one reservation at Polo and one at Toscana, 11 day voyage (counting embark and disembark days as one day, as Oceania does).

Think if I check later, there might possibly be something different, or are things likely to stay the same until online booking closes? I'm pretty happy with my reservations, but like everything else, they could be even better!

You could always try asking once onboard if there are any 2 tops early in the evening

Most book their allotted reservations but once on the cruise you can tire & just want the buffet

Also check with the Maitre'd at the entrance to the Terrace in the morning to see if any opening that night ..sometimes you get lucky for an extra seating

My husband will be celebrating a birthday onboard. If I can’t get a good time on that night should I just book any time I can get and then speak to the maître d’ onboard?

I would probably just book the best you can when you can, but then ask when you get on board and offer to give up one reservation you made. I'm guessing they'll find you something halfway decent, although of course there ARE going to be plenty of people celebrating birthdays and anniversaries and perhaps asking for the same thing!

When I was booking, I did see that the dates close to the beginning and end of the cruise were more lightly booked than those in between. If you're willing to take one of those dates, even if it's not close to your husband's birthday, you may end up with a better choice of sharing/non-sharing and time options.

If you're celebrating a birthday on board and would like O to serve your husband a small/sharable birthday cake, I would confirm the birthday once you get on board, even if you've notified Oceania in advance. I'm never totally sure that everything that gets mentioned/emailed to a corporate cruise line's office actually reaches the people on the ship who need that information! (And also, I believe they still DO small birthday cakes if you want one, but maybe someone can confirm this, since it's been a couple years since we've cruised.)

OK, I'm the original poster, and yes, the people in suites snap up the best spots for sure - sea days, reservations before 9 PM, etc. I think they might get more than one reservation in each restaurant too, but I forget what Oceania allows for an 11 or 12 day cruise.

Last night at midnight EST I went on the site and booked my reservations. I was able to make them for 7:30 on 2 of the four days I was considering, including one on a sea day (gasp!) All the tables for 2 were gone except for a few later times on days that were very early and very late in the cruise, but sharing isn't bad except, so overall I was happy. If you pay for a suite, you should get something else besides a larger room. I hate eating at 8:30 or 9, so the time is important to me. The system was easier to use than when I used it before - fewer steps to see what was open and make a choice. This morning I went back on at 7:30 EST and the only times open for all days I looked at (5 or 6) was 9 PM, so I was definitely glad I didn't fall asleep at 11:30 like my body was telling it wanted! Next time, though, I think I'll just go on at midnight, go straight to the shared table tab and start from there, and after I make reservations, I can try for that hard-to-get private table somewhere.

I'm a first timer to this so have been following along...located the "to do" list and now have our date--May 3. There is no link to the reservation system at this point so I'm wondering how one actually makes the reservations when the time arrives. I have checked under the "dining" tab and I see a line for "specialty restaurants" but the link is not live currently. Does it become live when it's time to reserve? Or is there someplace else to go? I'd hate to waste time trying to figure this all out with the clock ticking. Thanks for any info.

I have checked under the "dining" tab and I see a line for "specialty restaurants" but the link is not live currently. Does it become live when it's time to reserve? Or is there someplace else to go? I'd hate to waste time trying to figure this all out with the clock ticking. Thanks for any info.

Click on manage this booking then the dining tab

Yes once May 3rd arrives when you click on the dining tab it will come up with the restaurants & the dates then click on the date you want & the times available will show

If you are La Reserve, Privee, booking excursions or Culinary classes you can do that anytime now