Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

Can't find where all my past info is, ie. cruise days, etc. I hate change. :confused:

I agree. On the old website, I just clicked on My Account, and I could then find, and print details of all my cruises, cruise days etc. On the new site there is no "My Account", and I have just spent over 2 hours trying to access this. Has anyone managed to find a way?

I agree. On the old website, I just clicked on My Account, and I could then find, and print details of all my cruises, cruise days etc. On the new site there is no "My Account", and I have just spent over 2 hours trying to access this. Has anyone managed to find a way?

It would appear there isn't a way to access your past sailing details - hopefully it's something that will appear in the coming days ... weeks ... months. :rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Wow. There was a post somewhere (can't find it now) someone said HAL told him that the new site has gone out to only about 10% of the people. That shows me it doesn't matter what you have, you're either part of that 10% or not.

I don't know how they control that, but I'm quite happy to be in the 90%. I still get the old site and can still see my Mariner details.

It seems pretty basic to me. Check to make sure that all your links work before you roll it out. Who is signing off on things that don't work? Why aren't they taking it out of production? If their intent was to tick people off they have succeeded. It boggles the mind.

Absolutely basic! Let it go "live" in-house and have employees poke around on it and report any problems they find.

This is the face they present to potential customers. The last thing they should want to do is turn them away by having an incomprehensible website.

It would appear there isn't a way to access your past sailing details - hopefully it's something that will appear in the coming days ... weeks ... months. :rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Success - I tried Edge instead of Firefox and it gave me the old webpage, and I was able to get to my cruise history via My Account. Pleased I did because a January 2018 cruise was missing, although a February 2018 was included. An email has been sent to the Mariner Society.

I'm in the middle of prepping for my first HAL cruise so it was very frustrating all week because I was being directed to the new site. I wasn't overly familiar with the old site, but I could find info on it, at least. Then, I got the email that my cruise docs were ready, but the new site kept trying to link to pages that didn't exist or wouldn't load. I discovered on Friday that if I used the links from the email notice about my docs that it took me to the old site every time. Thankfully, it also seems to be consistently loading the old site this weekend.

I don't mind change as long as the info is there and the site content works. However, there is a current scourge in IT project management in the form of over-reliance on the 80/20 rule when it comes to public websites, i.e., they do MOST of the work but launch it knowing that some stuff will not work. That's fine for something like the cruise history in which a tiny minority of people are really looking at it on a regular basis as long as there are plans to add it later (and HAL apparently has it available to email to you in the interim). It's pretty inexcusable when basic functionality like being able to research shore excursions & buy add-ons is down for everyone.

I called HAL about this situation this morning, and the person I spoke with was able to see my cruise history, but was aware that lots of people are having problems with the new site. She advised me to call 800-547-9139 for Mariner-related site issues, Monday-Friday only.

I called HAL about this situation this morning, and the person I spoke with was able to see my cruise history, but was aware that lots of people are having problems with the new site. She advised me to call 800-547-9139 for Mariner-related site issues, Monday-Friday only.

If the soon to be former website is "up", accessing the cruise history is not a problem, the frustrations begin when the "new" website is showing, I am sure these 'bugs' will be cleaned up eventually. My major gripe is that the 'New' site should not be presented to the user (us) until it is ready to roll.

Few if any of us here on CC, in all the years I have been on CC, ever raved HAL has/had a great stie. We have complained about it for

years. No surprise, it is sill troublesome. I'll not spend excessive time on HAL l site trying to get anything done. Waste of my e energy IMO

That's what I figured they were doing. Instead of having the programmers develop and test a new program, then having a team of users test it in a methodical fashion and report errors and desired changes, they sent it to production for some, and are gathering data in a haphazard way.

I used to do a lot of testing for my agency's computer system, and it seemed a lot more organized than this does.

I agree that is how it should be done. I can't believe they put it into production in the shape it is now. Someone should be fired.

I received this response from HAL today about my question regarding how to access past cruise information on the new website:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your cruise history. We are pleased to send you your cruise history records. You will find them attached. Unfortunately our website currently does not have the ability to display this information so at this time but we are more than happy to send it t you anytime you need it.

Holland America Line hopes reviewing your history will bring back fond memories. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or visit us online at www.hollandamerica.com. We thank you for your continued patronage!

Kind Regards,

Gregory

Mariner Society

Holland America Line

800-547-9139

Hopefully this will change soon. I can't imagine HAL wants a continual barrage of emails requesting updates. :eek:

Glad I just printed my mariner history on March 25th. Beyond me my HAL has changed this.

That's what I figured they were doing. Instead of having the programmers develop and test a new program, then having a team of users test it in a methodical fashion and report errors and desired changes, they sent it to production for some, and are gathering data in a haphazard way.

I used to do a lot of testing for my agency's computer system, and it seemed a lot more organized than this does.

Haphazard is right! This is an embarrassment. If they wanted to have a public test, they could have sent an email to past cruisers inviting them to sign up to test the website and give feedback.

DH tried various approaches to print our upcoming cruise documents - no luck, Everything in place when entering the data but no connection when pressing print. What the ways others have worked around this (again). Thanks.

DH tried various approaches to print our upcoming cruise documents - no luck, Everything in place when entering the data but no connection when pressing print. What the ways others have worked around this (again). Thanks.

My Express Docs today could not printed using Chrome but no problem printing with Firefox.

Online Check-In Print Boarding Pass FAQ

Why is the "Print Boarding Pass" button greyed out on the Online Check-In Summary Page?

When the "Print Boarding Pass" button is greyed out, it means you may not have completed all the required Online Check-In guest information. Please look along the top of your screen, where you'll see the title of each check-in section: Guest Info, Passport, Flights, Contact, Account and Contract. Each of these sections should show a green checkmark if complete. If a section contains a red mark or is blank with no mark, it is incomplete. Click on that section and complete it. Once all the sections are completed and show green checkmarks, you should be able to print your boarding pass.

I have completed my check-in information, but why is the "Print Boarding Pass" option unavailable?

Boarding Passes are not available to print until fifty (50) days prior to your cruise departure date.

Why does the "Print Boarding Pass" pop-up show as blank?

Ad and popup blockers may affect your browser's ability to print your documents. In order to print, you must turn the blockers off (typically in the "Security" section under your browser's "Preferences" menu; simply uncheck "Block pop-up windows"). A new window displaying the documents you wish to print should open.

How do I print my Boarding Pass from the pop-up window that displays?

The process for printing a document is dependent upon your computer system. To see a menu option for printing, select "File." "Print" will be among the sub-menu selections that appear under the "File" menu. Then, click "Print."

Another option includes a right-click within the print window to view the menu and then a left-click on "Print" from this menu. You may also use your keyboard to start the printing process:

• On a Windows PC, please click "Control-P" (hold down the control key, then press P).
  • On a Mac, click "Command-P" (hold down the command key, then press P).

Crude, but we finally got a breakthrough. HAL FAQs about "problems printing boarding pass?" (Hell yes)

For those who push the HAL print boarding passs button and nothing happens

For MAC's - use control P, when the boarding pass comes into screen view

DH found if he pushed the HAL "print boarding pass" button twice, it finally printed.

Plus if you override the HAL print boarding pass button and use your own system's FILE (Safari) "print command", it prints.

And you must get rid of any block ads or block pop-up features in your preferences file.

C'mon HAL, stop annoying us!!!!!:evilsmile:

Back to being routed to the new website today when using Chrome. It really is impossible to use. When you click on links, it takes you to pages that don't exist. Or it asks you to log in again and then does nothing.