Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

Click "My Account"

Then "My Mariner Status" :cool::cool:

Disregard.

I used Chrome to get that, and just now, tried Firefox. History won't display.

(And I see the "new and improved" website ... now I know what everyone's talkin about. :mad:)

Sorry about the confusion.

Talked to customer service on March 30th. They have rolled out the new web site to only 10% of their users. They are aware of the glitches and working on them. Hope to have it working smoothly in a few days. I am on3 of the 10%, so I was confused when others didn’t see what I was seeing. I see a change in my itinerary for Sep 3, 2019 cruise, but those with old site didn’t. Actually, there is no change. I also can not see my booking. I was told all we be fixed in a few days. Another cruise line I use rolled out a new site over a year ago and they still have glitches. Hopefully HAL will get it right ina few days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

HAL emailed us our cruise history yesterday. I had the old site saved but when I accessed it, it went to the new site & I couldn't find our history under, "my account" nor could I find cruises or excursions that I had saved. Again not a fan of the new site, wonder how long it will take to work out the bugs?

Allan

HAL emailed us our cruise history yesterday. I had the old site saved but when I accessed it, it went to the new site & I couldn't find our history under, "my account" nor could I find cruises or excursions that I had saved. Again not a fan of the new site, wonder how long it will take to work out the bugs?

Allan

Talked to customer service on March 30th. They have rolled out the new web site to only 10% of their users. They are aware of the glitches and working on them. Hope to have it working smoothly in a few days. I am on3 of the 10%, so I was confused when others didn’t see what I was seeing. I see a change in my itinerary for Sep 3, 2019 cruise, but those with old site didn’t. Actually, there is no change. I also can not see my booking. I was told all we be fixed in a few days. Another cruise line I use rolled out a new site over a year ago and they still have glitches. Hopefully HAL will get it right ina few days.

I would think they could roll back the new site, until they get it fixed :mad::mad::mad:

I'm still getting the old site for now and able to book excursions etc. and see my Mariner status (thank goodness). I have Chrome and have had the site bookmarked for years.

I have Chrome, have HAL bookmarked (for years), and it still takes me to the new site.

On IE, my bookmark took me to the old site.

I have Chrome, have HAL bookmarked (for years), and it still takes me to the new site.

On IE, my bookmark took me to the old site.

Wow. There was a post somewhere (can't find it now) someone said HAL told him that the new site has gone out to only about 10% of the people. That shows me it doesn't matter what you have, you're either part of that 10% or not.

I would think they could roll back the new site, until they get it fixed :mad::mad::mad:

I think that is why they didn’t do a full blown release. They want the 10% to find the glitches. And we are finding them

Glenn

Wow. There was a post somewhere (can't find it now) someone said HAL told him that the new site has gone out to only about 10% of the people. That shows me it doesn't matter what you have, you're either part of that 10% or not.

That post is in the thread about accessing Mariner Status.

I think that is why they didn’t do a full blown release. They want the 10% to find the glitches. And we are finding them

Glenn

That's what I figured they were doing. Instead of having the programmers develop and test a new program, then having a team of users test it in a methodical fashion and report errors and desired changes, they sent it to production for some, and are gathering data in a haphazard way.

I used to do a lot of testing for my agency's computer system, and it seemed a lot more organized than this does.

Interestingly, I just visited the site, logged in and was able to find my history.

Not sure if it is the old or new version of the site.

If you can get that history by going to My Account/My Mariner Status you are on the old site. The old site header is blue-on-white like this

e5nrt3.jpg

The new site header is white-on-blue like this

29lcy6c.jpg

Edited by catl331

Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place? Under My Account the new site recognizes me and has my details, including my upcoming cruise. Under Mariner Society it has just the blah blah about the benefits. Nowhere do I see Cruise History (I never looked at it on the old site either, so I may be missing something here.

Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place? Under My Account the new site recognizes me and has my details, including my upcoming cruise. Under Mariner Society it has just the blah blah about the benefits. Nowhere do I see Cruise History (I never looked at it on the old site either, so I may be missing something here.
If you are logged in on the old site, clicking MyAccount will show this list:

2uhbwip.jpg

Clicking My Mariner Status will show your cruise history. If you are on the new site you won't get that list of options.

I am interested to see what happens when I check in next week. I received my new status on board last week. I am boarding again next weekend but my boarding documents still list my old status. The new HAL website doesn't allow me access to my Mariner status. So I am either going to get a cruise card with my old stars upon embarkation or they are going to impress me and have my new stars and I won't have to fight for the new discounts. Only time will tell.

I'm not a fan, but am hoping that programmers are working on cleaning up the new site. It is not convenient to find a cruise since there is no date filter and viewing possible Shore Excursions is a pain in the rear.

I went to look for shore excursions last night and gave up after two tries. What is HAL thinking:eek:

Disregard.

I used Chrome to get that, and just now, tried Firefox. History won't display.

(And I see the "new and improved" website ... now I know what everyone's talkin about. :mad:)

Sorry about the confusion.

Greetings from Amsterdam

Have same problem with the new website. Impossible locate Mariner details. The European office of HAL based in Rotterdam have told me they are aware of this issue but could not tell me how long it will take to rectify. New website seems consumer unfriendly. If a new website is launched it should work.

Peter

It seems pretty basic to me. Check to make sure that all your links work before you roll it out. Who is signing off on things that don't work? Why aren't they taking it out of production? If their intent was to tick people off they have succeeded. It boggles the mind.