Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

among all of us if each cotributes a h ate word to de scribe how much we dislike the HAL site, , we just might have enough words to get the point across.......................

DETEST seems like a word to start. :D

I took your advice and left feedback on the "new and unimproved" site

I'm new to HAL and cruising. Just booked our first cruise a couple of weeks ago so I don't think I've ever seen the "old" site. Today I can't seem to open the site at all with Safari.

Welcome to Ha l cc.... GET IN LINE with all of us who are having issues with HAL site

The new website is a remarkable improvement over what was already a decent website, but one clearly in need of some updating with regard to visuals and interactivity. I'm quite impressed by the dynamic nature of the new website. It is substantially more attractive, with bright, big, vivid photos.

The portion of the website within which one books a cruise used to look like it was from the early 2010s; now it looks like it belongs in 2018. The new itinerary navigators are absolutely excellent. The integration with AFAR content is much better than before. The website is now substantially easier to use on far more form factors than before, thereby broadening the scope of potential passengers that can make use of it.

The upgrade has turned what used to be quite a slow, clunky experience - on desktop or tablet or phone - into something that has much more promotional value (which is, incidentally, what a website is for). The search engine is more responsive than before, and the filters less glitchy. I cannot wait until this new website design makes it back into the Already Booked portion of the website, which still presents the old and tired website design.

Most importantly, this website upgrade is going to make the cruise line far more attractive to the passengers it actually needs to attract and impress for its long-term survival.

It is a shame that so many of you have chose to set yourself against it.

Edited by bUU

The new website is a remarkable improvement over what was already a decent website, but one clearly in need of some updating with regard to visuals and interactivity. I'm quite impressed by the dynamic nature of the new website. It is substantially more attractive, with bright, big, vivid photos.

The portion of the website within which one books a cruise used to look like it was from the early 2010s; now it looks like it belongs in 2018. The new itinerary navigators are absolutely excellent. The integration with AFAR content is much better than before. The website is now substantially easier to use on far more form factors than before, thereby broadening the scope of potential passengers that can make use of it.

The upgrade has turned what used to be quite a slow, clunky experience - on desktop or tablet or phone - into something that has much more promotional value (which is, incidentally, what a website is for). The search engine is more responsive than before, and the filters less glitchy. I cannot wait until this new website design makes it back into the Already Booked portion of the website, which still presents the old and tired website design.

Most importantly, this website upgrade is going to make the cruise line far more attractive to the passengers it actually needs to attract and impress for its long-term survival.

I respectfully disagree.

Agree. Let’s look at the positives

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it's any consolation, princess.com is having (DDoS?) issues today. Takes about 10 minutes

to present a login screen if you can get that far without timing out.

I couldn't get on CC for twenty minutes. I kept getting a connection terminated message. Then I got a message that said the website wasn't working. Finally, I got in.

I couldn't get on CC for twenty minutes. I kept getting a connection terminated message. Then I got a message that said the website wasn't working. Finally, I got in.

Me too, but it’s back

Agree. Let’s look at the positives

Glenn

What are the positives if we cannot even get t into it and it doesn't disappear from the screen?

Then again, maybe that IS a positive. :D

What are the positives ...?

Asked and answered... Or really, answered before asked.

I bet it is pretty safe to assume that those aforementioned passengers that the cruise line needs to attract and impress are experiencing the website the way outlined by those of us who have noted and detailed its advantages, rather than encountering the problems that many long time passengers of the cruise line are outlining.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Excused.
I'm not sure I would necessarily expect people to "excuse" the cruise line for focusing on other customers and building their website to appeal to them, but perhaps "understand" and "accept" what the cruise line is doing as what's best for them.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I'm not sure I would necessarily expect people to "excuse" the cruise line for focusing on other customers and building their website to appeal to them, but perhaps "understand" and "accept" what the cruise line is doing as what's best for them.

okie dokie.

I could find no way to 'contact' Mainers Society, No way to contact HAL either by a link on their site or a chat feature.
I finally discovered the Chat link on the new site. Click on Help? in the very bottom right corner and a menu pops up with a Chat link!

Just experienced the new web site . . . If I can not easily find my account information and booking excursions, meals etc is too difficult then I will not proceed with those purchases.

I can't guarantee it will work today, as it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't the other day, but first log in to the new site and then copy and paste this address in: https://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount/

I can see my account info today and there's a also Bookings tab. Good luck! I hope it works.

Yay! My DH went into Firefox and managed to get the old site. We printed off everything pertaining to our reservations and account and mariner status, just in case. With Chrome, we have the new site but none of our bookings or account is accessible right now.

I was just on the phone with the Mariner Society talking about other things and I brought up the fact that Mariner info isn't available on the new site - apparently the IT folks are working on getting Mariner information on the website, but as we all know, it takes time. Sigh. I understand the office has seen a surge in calls from folks not able to view their information online, and it seems they (Mariner Society folks) are just as frustrated as we are.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)