Regarding Happy Hours

Elorac123

I got a reply from customer relations ,,,not good news

Dear Carole,

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises.

We appreciate you getting in touch with us to discuss your concern regarding the Happy Hour onboard our ships. Unfortunately, Happy hour (drinks at reduced prices) will not be offered on board any Princess ship. In the past, they were periodically offered, however not something we guaranteed.

Should you have any further enquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Judy

That's too bad. My DH and I enjoyed that feature on our last Princess cruise. I don't drink, but I was able to get a non-alcoholic "cocktail" instead.

Purchase the Unlimited Soda & More package. It's only $8.05 US per day and entitles you to sodas and mocktails. One of the best values on the ship in my opinion.

Just making sure with the soda and more package the virgin piña colada’s and or strawberry daiquiris are included.

It has been my experience that any drink that can be made as a "virgin" is included. The menu they have is just some of their specialty virgin drinks. You can even order a Virgin Screwdriver and receive straight OJ. I read a post where someone's husband was being a smart alec and ordered a Virgin Martini. The poster said that the bartender didn't bat an eye and served the guy a martini glass with a couple of olives on a skewer.

Note: An interesting article HERE about Alec Hoag who was originally dubbed "Smart Alec" by the police. He was supposed to be paying off some police officers but developed a different method of theft and didn't pay them. When they figured it out they said he was "too smart for his own good" and dubbed him "Smart Alec". Who would have guessed it was a real person? ;p

Every year there are more-more cutbacks :mad:.

Tony

You are exactly correct. It’s a shame things that pulled many of us to Princess are being taken away, one by one. Not sure how long we will continue to opt to cruise vs the land travel we enjoyed for so many years before discovering Princess Cruises.