Using OBC on B2B Cruise

Mrs Miggins

I know that each week of OBC is separate and you cannot combine or carry over. However I was wondering if it is possible to book shore excursions for the second week during the first week whilst on board using OBC since presumably that would show on the first week's account ?

I don't actually know if you can book shore excursions on board for the second leg during the first week.

I know that each week of OBC is separate and you cannot combine or carry over. However I was wondering if it is possible to book shore excursions for the second week during the first week whilst on board using OBC since presumably that would show on the first week's account ?

I don't actually know if you can book shore excursions on board for the second leg during the first week.

Hi Pam. Unfortunately you can't.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Does that mean that the Shore Excursions people don't sell trips for the following week?

I guess if they do then we could still do the pay on a credit card, then cancel and rebook.

Mike had an operation on his back a couple of weeks ago and we are not quite sure what he will be capable of by June.

Looking forward to a great cruise despite the various changes that are in process.

Pam

Each cruise is a separate account period. Today we can indicate any reservations we want but they are charged tomorrow. I prebooked before leaving UK for the ones I wanted and had no problem reversing it to obc onboard. One thing you can do if it interests you, end of cruise 1 you can withdraw your surplus credit balance you have as a result of the “reversal” as cash on the final day.

You could then use these dollars as you want cruise 2 (eg pay some or all back in to your account to cover other extras) or use ashore with vendors who accept dollars, use for extra tips etc etc or bring home for future use

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

***** a B2B we have used unused OBC's to pay for spa treatments that we used on the second cruise.

Any idea if we could also use it for specialty dining on the second cruise?

***** a B2B we have used unused OBC's to pay for spa treatments that we used on the second cruise.

Bill, I’ve done deals with the spa too, but have never been successful at it with Land Discoveries. On the Seychelles trip last year I was able to secure a place on the overnight Petra tour for the following cruise so I didn’t miss out on a space, but I was billed for it on the Suez cruise.

Phil

On a similar theme, can you book the specialities on the first cruise for the second bit of a B2B, but not be charged until the second cruise (or visa versa)? Particularly important if you have OBC to use up on one or the other. Sorry, clear as mud that last sentence, but I’m sure you get the gist!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They wouldn’t do that yesterday Bill I’m afraid but Lioncub yes you could hand in a list of speciality booking preferences no problem but again could not pay until the current cruise

Thanks uktog, good to know. It’s two separate cruises for Azamara, but just the one holiday for me. Always nice to be able to book restaurants to fit the whole trip. I assume we will have to go to both lifeboat drills? Not a big issue all in all. Always nice to meet new people. Any other advice about B2Bs? Will probably be changing cabin, how is this usually managed? Thanks in advance.

Yes you do everything twice. We are currently changing room, it’s handled well by the staff however you are dependent on the outgoing people leaving on time. We are changing today and stuck at present we could go ashore but we need to get the contents of the safe moved. The staff move everything else. Clothes stay on hangers you pack the rest

A hint. I use Skub flat pack cubes from ikea so I just can leave my clothes in the cubes for moving. So it’s even less to pack up

I get two large trash bags from housekeeping..one I dump all the bathroom stuff and the other allmy shoes and purses. The drawer clothing goes to new cabin in cubes.

I have been lucky and the people leave early. By the time I walk in the bed made and somethings. Are done and others are not. I leave the ship after I move.

Mostly my butler has helped me but in one case the room attendant did. She rushed me and about 40 minutes later I was back in my old room looking for clothes. Took me longer that time than ever.

You will get a new room key and have to bring your charge card to front desk. Many cruiselines this step is nit needed but all three of RCI lines you have to do this.

Each cruise is a separate account period. Today we can indicate any reservations we want but they are charged tomorrow. I prebooked before leaving UK for the ones I wanted and had no problem reversing it to obc onboard. One thing you can do if it interests you, end of cruise 1 you can withdraw your surplus credit balance you have as a result of the “reversal” as cash on the final day.

You could then use these dollars as you want cruise 2 (eg pay some or all back in to your account to cover other extras) or use ashore with vendors who accept dollars, use for extra tips etc etc or bring home for future use

Well, they say you learn something new each day!

My initial thought when reading the section of your post which I have highlighted was that you could withdraw leftover balance of onboard credit as cash, but on reading it again, perhaps you were saying that your pre-booked tours were credited to your onboard account, not the credit card used for the original purchase.

When I have pre-booked, the reversal was to the credit card (and not in the currency used to make the booking!)

The prebooked tours are credited to your onboard account and any recredit is to the card you have associated with your onboard account. The refunds are in onboard currency not the currency you paid in if you are non US bookers

The prebooked tours are credited to your onboard account and any recredit is to the card you have associated with your onboard account. The refunds are in onboard currency not the currency you paid in if you are non US bookers

The prebooked tours are credited to your onboard account and any recredit is to the card you have associated with your onboard account.

I may be dense, but I really am having some trouble working out just what you mean by the first part of this sentence which I have underlined. Unless of course the act has finally got together and we can actually now use onboard credit to pre-book tours??

There has been no big announcement that this has happened and I have not looked at pre-booking for our June cruises. It would be great if the long promised pre-booking using onboard credit is actually up and going.

The refunds are in onboard currency not the currency you paid in if you are non US bookers

Yes, I am aware that when I book from home I will be charged in AU$ and refunded to my credit card in US$ when cancelled onboard in order to rebook using onboard credit.

I will try and keep what happens simple to see if that helps

1. I book tours ahead of time and pay in sterling

2. I have obc that covers the dollar cost of my tours

3. Onboard Land Discoveries refund me the dollar cost to my onboard account and recharge the excursions in dollars to make use of my obc

4. At the end of the cruise I have a choice

A. The credit balance in dollars arising from the refund less anything I’ve spent onboard not covered by obc is converted to my home currency and paid back to the card I have used as my onboard credit card. - this may not be the card I originally paid with in sterling at point 1

Alternatively and more sensibly I get Azamara to pay my card company in dollars and they do the conversion

OR

B. I cash out in dollars the credit balance remaining and an paid in dollar notes/coin

Uktog - thanks for this very clear description of what happens when you cancel pre-booked tours and then re-book them using OBC. Over the last few months there’s been a lot of confusion as to how this works, with some people getting very cross when a refund didn’t immediately go back onto their credit card amount.