South Beach

nikel

A while ago I saw information that somebody posted on South Beach about taking a cab to there , where to get let off and what to do etc,

We were not sure at the time where we were staying if FLL or MIA so did not pay much attention to it, now I can't find the information. We have decided on MIA and staying at Blue Lagoon. We will only have one day pre cruise.

Lincoln road has lots of shops and dining options.

You could take the hotel shuttle back to MIA airport and catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for about $3 each compared to $25+ each way in an Uber and closer to $35-40 for a cab.

Get dropped off at South Pointe Park. Enjoy the park, Pier, etc. Then walk Ocean drive and connect to Lincoln road and walk Lincoln. That would pretty much cover the south beach basics.

When we used to go to South Beach, we used to start our sightseeing/shopping at 15th Street and Ocean Drive. So, I recommend you get dropped off at 15th Street and Ocean Drive and start walking south down Ocean Drive from there. You can walk this scenic route all the way to South Point Park just by heading south on foot down Ocean Drive.

When we used to go to South Beach, we used to start our sightseeing/shopping at 15th Street and Ocean Drive. So, I recommend you get dropped off at 15th Street and Ocean Drive and start walking south down Ocean Drive from there. You can walk this scenic route all the way to South Point Park just by heading south on foot down Ocean Drive.

Why skip Lincoln? Super popular spot.

Why skip Lincoln? Super popular spot.

Not saying to skip Lincoln Road, was just saying that the walk down Ocean Drive was our favorite thing to do. We liked the art deco facades and the sidewalk cafes, not that Lincoln Road doesn't have these, but we preferred the route along the beach. We love the beach (grew up in small beach town in the mid-Atlantic). And since Lincoln Road was already mentioned in another post, I simply reported my preference. The OP can investigate all the suggested options.

Not saying to skip Lincoln Road, was just saying that the walk down Ocean Drive was our favorite thing to do. We liked the art deco facades and the sidewalk cafes, not that Lincoln Road doesn't have these, but we preferred the route along the beach. We love the beach (grew up in small beach town in the mid-Atlantic). And since Lincoln Road was already mentioned in another post, I simply reported my preference. The OP can investigate all the suggested options.

You suggested starting at 15th and walking south (that is skipping Lincoln). I asked why you would want to skip Lincoln, that's all. Why not start at Lincoln and walk to ocean drive?

If you want to sightsee and hang out in South Beach, why not stay in South Beach? It is a lot closer to the cruise port and a lot nicer than the Blue Lagoon area.

Seems to me that any money you save staying in the Blue Lagoon will be eaten up in time getting to South Beach and back. You are talking at a minimum and hour to get to the airport then to South Beach. A cab will cost you $50 each way.

If you want to sightsee and hang out in South Beach, why not stay in South Beach? It is a lot closer to the cruise port and a lot nicer than the Blue Lagoon area.

Seems to me that any money you save staying in the Blue Lagoon will be eaten up in time getting to South Beach and back. You are talking at a minimum and hour to get to the airport then to South Beach. A cab will cost you $50 each way.

An hour to get to the airport? I'm confused what you mean by that. What airport?

Regardless, I would agree that just staying on South Beach makes more sense than Blue Lagoon.

An Uber from blue lagoon to South Beach is $20, BTW.

This is what I would do.

Take Uber over to South Beach.

Very easy.

Be dropped off on Ocean Drive near the Art Deco Hotels. They are at the beginning of Ocean Drive.

Start walking with the hotels on the left and the ocean on the right.

You can go to the beach if you want or continue walking.

Lots of restaurants along the way.

Or just keep walking and eventually you can make a left for Lincoln Road which has lots of restaurants as well and shopping and restaurant seating is both inside and outside.

Keith

An hour to get to the airport? I'm confused what you mean by that. What airport?

Regardless, I would agree that just staying on South Beach makes more sense than Blue Lagoon.

An Uber from blue lagoon to South Beach is $20, BTW.

An hour to get to South Beach.

This was my thoughts too. We have stayed in the Blue Lagoon area and also at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. This time we are spending a few days in South Beach so we can save the time travelling back and forth. Yes we are paying more for our hotel but we just feel it will be a more relaxing time.

Please be careful. Many Airbnbs are illegal in South Beach.

We typically go through Airbnb/VRBO when we travel. On occasion we'll get a hotel but I'd much prefer Airbnb. I of course always make sure I go through a reputable host with lots of reviews.