How to fire a TA with RC?

Do TA s have feelings? NO they are just there for the cash.

I’ve been done over by my agent but I still use them because if I average out all our dealings I’m still in front.

You have to be on the ball with the vultures.

Call your TA and chew the fat.

Just went through this with a TA who promised us certain things for transferring our onboard bookings. They changed the perk #'s to half of quoted values after getting the bookings released to them.

It took a bit of time, but I called C&A for a little guidance, and the rep helped us through the process. The link given to you did not help us, but phone calls with C&A rep did the job, very helpful.

I agree with the OP in this instance. The TA(according to the OP) hasn't had to do anything but make the supplied reservation. In my case, I make my own bookings lately onboard and have 60 days to transfer them to TA. If after acquiring my bookings , the TA is unresponsive(timely) for any price drops or cabin openings(as posted 72 hours), they would loose my bookings.

We got away from one TA recently because she said to just email her cabin changes we were trying to get or price drops, too busy for phone calls. She said they would get back to me in a few days..................sorry to bother you, gone

We were also given this web address for RCI ( http://rccl.force.com/directtransfers/dttroyal )during the process.

Edited by L454S

OP, wishing you good luck. I tried 2 times to use TA's and never, never, again. First one was never in office and had to leave message and maybe get a call back in day or two. Second one was in Europe on vacation when a nice price drop appeared for my cruise. Was on pins and needles until she sent email from Europe to Celebrity to get the price drop for me, days later.

I only book thru Royal's Certified Vacation Planners or On Board. If I have a question I call C&A and they fix it immediately. As Bob recommended way back on your thread, call C&A and hope all works out in your best interest.

I agree with OP poster. I have a travel agent that made me lose a huge price drop because it took her 3 days to check. Sometimes she responds to email right always and sometimes it takes her multiple days, not counting the weekend. On previous cruises she has said we are getting a bottle of wine on board and never do. We leave on our cruise soon but have another scheduled for November. I have OBC on the one next month that is not appearing on my set sail pass but the Agent keeps saying it will be there when I board. If we have any issues I’m taking the November cruise from the TA.

I understand they get a commission but it’s Commission for service not for doing nothing. Like the poster I usually book the cruises on board then transfer to agent so the work done is minimal.

I wish there was a list somewhere of good TAs that were responsive and brought benefit to the clients.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... I have OBC on the one next month that is not appearing on my set sail pass but the Agent keeps saying it will be there when I board. ...

Notwithstanding other issues you may have with the agent, it is normal for OBC from a travel agent not to appear on Royal's website or Royal documents.

If your cruise was canceled and it took your TA more than A DAY to get back to you, I don't blame you at all. It is worth noting that agencies who offer huge OBCs (more than all of the others are offering) do so by rebating commission (which is against cruise line policy) and counting on kickbacks for volume. If their main focus is volume, it comes at the expense of service. Sometimes you need to evaluate which is more important - huge on board credit, or reliable service. Of course, with reliable service comes checking for, and obtaining price drops. So that up front OBC isn't always as wonderful as it seems.

If your cruise was canceled and it took your TA more than A DAY to get back to you, I don't blame you at all. It is worth noting that agencies who offer huge OBCs (more than all of the others are offering) do so by rebating commission (which is against cruise line policy) and counting on kickbacks for volume. If their main focus is volume, it comes at the expense of service. Sometimes you need to evaluate which is more important - huge on board credit, or reliable service. Of course, with reliable service comes checking for, and obtaining price drops. So that up front OBC isn't always as wonderful as it seems.

Well said. I have used the same TA for 10 years. I don't get "kickbacks," I get great service. I've dealt with RCCL and would rather let her do it. She responds to emails even when on vacation. I realize I run the risk of losing a price drop if it's only available for a day or so, but I'll risk that for the service I get.

The OP and many others admittedly only use the TA for "freebies." They don't want the TA to service their account, they only want some free OBC. But when something comes up and they want it serviced, they want "first class" service. I'm a "you get what you pay for" believer. Had a friend who booked with a big on line TA for $75 of OBC. She sat in my house, on her cell phone and passed onto the TA how to book using a Future Cruise Certificate. I was explaining to her so she could explain to the TA! Others in the group finally cancelled and re-booked with my TA in order to actually get the service they needed. So, I sympathize with the OP, but with all due respect, the OP simply shopped their booking around for some, as the OP said, "pieces of silver," and got bit.

1. Used the e-mail previously posted.

2. Call C & A after you send the e-mail, advise you sent the request.

3. give them 48-72 hours to reply, no reply, call C & A again.

Side note: OBC does not appear on your invoice. It will show up after your first night at sea. Bring a copy with you in the event it does not. Never, ever had a problem with OBC showing up next morning.

Why? Ship send a compressed file to Miami with onboard details. Miami, in turn sends a compressed file with individual details. These messages occur overnight, after sailing.

I am from UK where things might work differently but I tried to switch travel agents. I was told that I could only do this if the travel agent holding the reservation released it. I managed to persuade the travel agent to do this without creating any bad feelings. Just made an excuse about wanting to deal directly with RC. They obliged. If they didn't, it would not have been the end of the world in my case.

I tend not to have multiple bookings in the pipeline so if a travel agent is a disappointment, I just learn my lesson and don't use them again.

To answer OP's question, my starting point is Crown and Anchor email. They can forward your email communication to the right department. Helps if you explain why you want to make the switch. Not satisfied with service from TA would be a good reason. Then see what they say.

We were also given this web address for RCI ( http://rccl.force.com/directtransfers/dttroyal )during the process.

Should be noted that is not a Royal Caribbean web address. Force.com domain addresses are through Salesforce. Anything with Royal would be rccl.com or royalcaribbean.com. I would be hesitant to enter any information on the site listed above.

I emailed my TA to book cruise unrefundable on cabin she had on hold for us since I had to pay for premium cruise insurance due to preexisting health issues during first 14 days anyway. She booked refundable instead so ended up paying more and having less OBC. When I emailed her repeatedly about this she refused to answer. My instructions in email were very clear.

I did not think I could cancel and rebook before final payment due since bought insurance.

I sympathize, When TA does not do their job is irritating. Family member, so had to just east the extra cost and lose OBC since she did not do the right thing.

If she booked you a refundable rate, you could have just canceled it and rebooked at non-refundable.

Greetings,

I have a TA that I have used for many years. I make all the reservations, transfer to the TA and get OBC as a reward.

The recent Jewel and then Radiance cancellations have made me realize that doing all of the work (and in the case of the Radiance cancel), taking all the risk and heartburn just isn't worth it anymore. I hate to beg someone to act.

I have this same TA on a few future floats, how do I fire a TA that RC recognizes and take control again? The heartburn is no longer worth the few pieces of silver,

As some one posted: Agencychange@rccl.com is the email. Try this?

Hope your problem gets resolved.

Bring a copy with you in the event it does not.

You are so correct. I had a problem one time. The service desk had no record of our TA's OBC. I showed them my copy from our TA and ***BOOM*** it was taken care of right away.

If defense of the service desk, if they have no record, they can't just start handing out OBC based on a cruiser's memory.

You are spot on with having a copy.

Cheers:)

Way too detailed to get into here. We cruise 40 plus days a year, pretty much do everything in exchange for the OBC - but there are certain times that RC won't talk to you because of the TA name on the res. Running into problems way too much lately (Jewel canc, Radiance canc.) and theTA blows me off. It is our $ after all, isn't it?

If I need to cancel and rebook my existing floats, so be it. The pieces of silver just aren't worth it anymore.

Sometimes the company isn't very fast with letting people know cruises are cancelled either. Your TA didn't cancel the cruises

OP - I totally understand your frustration. I missed out on a price reduction because my TA didn't respond to my email asking for a price adjustment until the price went back up. I was really aggravated and voiced my frustration with her. Her response time is abysmal (we're talking 72 hours to respond to an email or phone call). I feel chained to this TA until our sail date and concerned that I could potentially miss out on more savings prior to sailing. I will NOT use her again after this sailing. Lesson learned.

Really. If there was a price reduction and RCL held your booking, would you have emailed them or picked up the phone?

Just went through this with a TA who promised us certain things for transferring our onboard bookings. They changed the perk #'s to half of quoted values after getting the bookings released to them.

It took a bit of time, but I called C&A for a little guidance, and the rep helped us through the process. The link given to you did not help us, but phone calls with C&A rep did the job, very helpful.

I agree with the OP in this instance. The TA(according to the OP) hasn't had to do anything but make the supplied reservation. In my case, I make my own bookings lately onboard and have 60 days to transfer them to TA. If after acquiring my bookings , the TA is unresponsive(timely) for any price drops or cabin openings(as posted 72 hours), they would loose my bookings.

We got away from one TA recently because she said to just email her cabin changes we were trying to get or price drops, too busy for phone calls. She said they would get back to me in a few days..................sorry to bother you, gone

I am learning so much from this discussion from all of you! I’m probably the most rookie cruiser here. But after all our cruising sand the same TA, we have never had any help. The only help we get is at the end...prior to our cruise....prints our luggage tags. No perks, nada, zero.

I think I shall book on my own from now on and transfer to a TA if I want. Great discussion. Sorry for everyone’s hassles.

I realize the OP just went through a horrible experience with a very late cancellation. I went through an RCI cruise cancellation recently, but luckily it was over a year away.

I just want to give a positive experience using a TA. Mine has also been a friend for a very long time. She works in a very small brick and mortar place. I get nothing for booking through her , but I can text her 24/7 if needed. Of course I don’t need to, but there have been times I have taken screen shots of price drops and she will sit on the phone with reps escalating until I get it. She has always called the cruise lines and verified things I may have questions on. I don’t want to sit on the phone on hold, but she does it gladly. Sometimes I think her commission is nowhere near what she has to deal with some of the cruise reps she has to talk to.

So while people may be using a TA looking for bennies, I’m just thankful for the one I have.

I realize the OP just went through a horrible experience with a very late cancellation. I went through an RCI cruise cancellation recently, but luckily it was over a year away.

I just want to give a positive experience using a TA. Mine has also been a friend for a very long time. She works in a very small brick and mortar place. I get nothing for booking through her , but I can text her 24/7 if needed. Of course I don’t need to, but there have been times I have taken screen shots of price drops and she will sit on the phone with reps escalating until I get it. She has always called the cruise lines and verified things I may have questions on. I don’t want to sit on the phone on hold, but she does it gladly. Sometimes I think her commission is nowhere near what she has to deal with some of the cruise reps she has to talk to.

So while people may be using a TA looking for bennies, I’m just thankful for the one I have.

Stick with you TA , you have a good one. This last deal is just the final last straw. Yes, have missed price drops (small) yes, have missed cabin changes. This last just tears it.

Had to tell the TA the RD cruise was cancelled, 36 hours after I read it here. Provided 0 help in salvaging the rest of the trip (while talking to A2S reminded them that it was MY $, not theTAs several times and got it done). Last straw is when the TA almost let the rebooked air cancel since nobody moved the $ over.

Urinate in my boot if you wish, I'm done with TAs .

Stick with you TA , you have a good one. This last deal is just the final last straw. Yes, have missed price drops (small) yes, have missed cabin changes. This last just tears it.

Had to tell the TA the RD cruise was cancelled, 36 hours after I read it here. Provided 0 help in salvaging the rest of the trip (while talking to A2S reminded them that it was MY $, not theTAs several times and got it done). Last straw is when the TA almost let the rebooked air cancel since nobody moved the $ over.

Urinate in my boot if you wish, I'm done with TAs .

FWIW, I'm entirely in your corner, Beachin2.