E Docs are ready. I have questions

Kate45

just received notification my edocs are ready to be printed. Our TA said she would print them for us but was wondering if you all use the luggage tags printed thru the edocs, or pick up some at the pier. Is one easier to attach than the other. Looking on HALs website it looks like the ones at the pier loop around to attach to the luggage where you need a stapler or packing tape for the others.

Years ago we bought plastic 'cruise ship' luggage tags and have used them faithfully as both luggage tags and inside our suitcase with our printed itinerary. https://www.amazon.com/PRINCESS-NORWEGIAN-Easy-Read-Register/dp/B0115R7VH6/ref=pd_sim_193_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0115R7VH6&pd_rd_r=2Z0BA6XCQNZ92Y9FH8AF&pd_rd_w=6nmYd&pd_rd_wg=4CTNd&psc=1&refRID=2Z0BA6XCQNZ92Y9FH8AF

Years ago we bought plastic 'cruise ship' luggage tags and have used them faithfully as both luggage tags and inside our suitcase with our printed itinerary. https://www.amazon.com/PRINCESS-NORWEGIAN-Easy-Read-Register/dp/B0115R7VH6/ref=pd_sim_193_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0115R7VH6&pd_rd_r=2Z0BA6XCQNZ92Y9FH8AF&pd_rd_w=6nmYd&pd_rd_wg=4CTNd&psc=1&refRID=2Z0BA6XCQNZ92Y9FH8AF

We use the plastic sleeve tags from Amazon also. We have used them many times. I just pack them in my carry-on when flying and attach them before heading to the port.

We also just get them from the luggage handler's at the port...Their strong and just like the ones the airlines use... You or the handler will write your cabin # them...Some like to turn this into a craft project..I find it unnecessary.

I use the ones I print from the cruise lines and then taking clear packing tape over them. That makes them super strong!

I've done that in the past, too. But this year, a friend bought us all the sleeves. You print out the slips and put them in the leather sleeves, with clear plastic over the crucial information.

I've done that in the past, too. But this year, a friend bought us all the sleeves. You print out the slips and put them in the leather sleeves, with clear plastic over the crucial information.

I have a cruise coming up. I have always used the packing tape in the past and it is strong and secure. Never had a problem. I am tempted to buy the sleeves next time I order from amazon. I bought new luggage this year.

I have a cruise coming up. I have always used the packing tape in the past and it is strong and secure. Never had a problem. I am tempted to buy the sleeves next time I order from amazon. I bought new luggage this year.
Same here, except I've already bought the sleeves and have already used them several times. I got ones with a flexible loop for attaching to the luggage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Sorry if this seems like a discussion my question,

I assume you don't put these luggage tags on until you get to your destination after your flight?

If you do a land tour first, do you wait until your last day and then put them on?

We are not sending any luggage ahead for "ship only"

Edited by Ladyaruba
Spelling

Sorry if this seems like a discussion my question,

I assume you don't put these luggage tags on until you get to your destination after your flight?

If you do a land tour first, do you wait until your last day and then put them on?

We are not sending any luggage ahead for "ship only"

Yes...never put them on until the very next destination is going to be the cruise port. So if you're flying you'll need to wait same with a land trip...no sense in possible confusion about where those bags are going.

Yes...never put them on until the very next destination is going to be the cruise port. So if you're flying you'll need to wait same with a land trip...no sense in possible confusion about where those bags are going.

That is what I assumed but wanted to make sure. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
I use the ones I print from the cruise lines and then taking clear packing tape over them. That makes them super strong!

Always did this but friends who travel with us had a luggage delivery problem. They didn't get their luggage till 11 PM because even with packing tape their tags were torn off. we bought the plastic ones on a metal cable for our cruise to Alaska on June 5h.