730pm showtime doable with 1st seating?

We have the first seating dinner(usually about 6pm) on the Harmony of the Seas. Some of the nighttime shows have a 730pm start time. Will those be doable for us? 1887 and The Fine Line have 730pm start times.

Is 7:30 the only time for the show; isn't there a later one?

There may or may not be a later show. Shows on Oasis class ships are not as regularly timed as on the older ships.

If that is traditional seating, you will be done for the early seating show....no worries.

Lots of worries. Oasis class ships run entirely different then the rest of the fleet. We have missed plenty of shows that run only once or twice a week and take place at 8pm, right at the start of late seating. Many times we go to Windjammer if we don't want to miss something.

Lots of worries. Oasis class ships run entirely different then the rest of the fleet. We have missed plenty of shows that run only once or twice a week and take place at 8pm, right at the start of late seating. Many times we go to Windjammer if we don't want to miss something.

Is the 1st seating for the traditional dining a 5:30pm or 6:00pm start time? I've been finding conflicting information online. This would be the 7 day Eastern out of Ft. Lauderdale on the HOTS.

We have the first seating dinner(usually about 6pm) on the Harmony of the Seas. Some of the nighttime shows have a 730pm start time. Will those be doable for us? 1887 and The Fine Line have 730pm start times.

Speak with your waiter. We did this last week on Allure and made the 7:30 performances of the Ice Show and Aqua theatre.

It will be tight, unless you skip dessert. You will have hard time finding decent seats coming in close to showtime. I really dislike when there is only one show, rather than one for each seating.

I agree. It can also be helpful to let your water know you are trying to do this. Royal has made it harder to avoid doing this, so I won't scold the OP for making the reservation. My last time on Oasis they changed a show time to an hour earlier than what it was when I made it

Edited by BillOh
MESSAGE EDITED BY HOMELAND SECURITY FOR NATIONAL SECURITY REASONS

It's too early for me to make show reservations.

However, I have made My Time Dining Reservations.

Most of them are 5:45 or 6:00.

If a show happens to be at 7:30 can I just go to the DR early? Like 5:30. Will I be seated? Is that enough time, you think, to make a 7:30 show?

If a show happens to be at 7:30 can I just go to the DR early? Like 5:30. Will I be seated? Is that enough time, you think, to make a 7:30 show?

You can go to the MDR earlier than your reservation, and they will try to seat you as soon as possible.

Just tell your wait staff you’d like to finish by 715; they will oblige. Not a big deal. With the new menus they encourage you to treat it like a 3 course meal and you get dessert menu when ordering dinner to speed things up, just communicate and you won’t have any trouble

I think I know the answer to this, but I'll let people who have actually done MTD answer. I will add though, this is a good reason to study the deck plans and get to know your way around the ship. On Oasis the last time we had late dinner at 8:30 and a show was supposed to let out at 8:30 in the main theater. We were experienced Oasis class cruisers who know our way around and we got to show early and sat on the aisle so we could depart promptly. In your case, you might avoid using the elevators and avoid the promenade deck 5 to get between the two places.