Full Suite 1st night dining on Emerald

Ronnieslady

Yes it is. We ate at Share the first night when we cruised in a suite on the Emerald in October with no extra charge. We also had another night free specialty dining as part of the offer we booked under but if we wanted to use it for Share we would have had to pay $10 each.

You can book your suite dinner any night. It doesn’t have to be the first night.

Pam, is this for sure? I may want to swap my first night suite benefit to another night. Last summer we ate on first night because we thought it was only avail for suite passengers.

Pam, is this for sure? I may want to swap my first night suite benefit to another night. Last summer we ate on first night because we thought it was only avail for suite passengers.

On the Emerald in October it had to be first night. We asked. I think some ships are more lenient about this, especially if there's a late departure time. You can ask but if the rules are the same on the Emerald as they were when we sailed, you'll have to do it the first night.

You can book your suite dinner any night. It doesn’t have to be the first night.

Yes Pam you are right. They did let us change to a different night on the Star. But from reading others comments, it might depend on the ship. Sounds like the Emerald might be a no. That’s the ship we will be on in 3 weeks. I guess it won’t hurt to ask.

• 4 months later...

Recently we had to go on the first night and we decided to try Share. I did not like Share at all and left hungry since I ate one bite of each course and didn't take another. You might like it so find out while it's complimentary the first night because I would have wanted a refund had I paid for it.

Oh, I hope that's true, would rather not go on 1st night if we don't have to....

It all depends on the ship & who you talk too. We have requested a change a couple of times, and could not change it. Most of the times it was not an issue except Alaska, to where we departed at 8:30PM and ended up going to the speciality restaurant after sail away, which was late to us.

We were able to change to a later night on the Pacific but that might have been because we wanted to eat at Sabatini’s. Only one of the specialty restaurants is open each night and the first night that Sabatini’s was open was the third night of the cruise when we went.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Emerald and it had to be used the first night. They had originally put us in the "Crab Shack" for the first night. We could not get anyone on the phone so we went to Share. They changed our reservation for us to come to Share that night. The food was good and we did not leave hungry.

Recently we had to go on the first night and we decided to try Share. I did not like Share at all and left hungry since I ate one bite of each course and didn't take another. You might like it so find out while it's complimentary the first night because I would have wanted a refund had I paid for it.

They didn’t let us change either to a different night on the Emerald this past April. We picked Share also. What a big mistake for us. We didn’t like it either. We will never eat there again. They couldn’t pay us to ever eat there again :(

I think Princess should re evaluate the Share Restaurant and we how well it isn't doing. Maybe they will put in a different type eatery in it's place.

I am sure they are aware. My guess is there is a contract involved and it must run its course. They did stop putting it on other ships where it was planned to go on.