Porters at Port Canaveral

I got off Oasis this past Sunday too. Saw the lines and immediately grabbed a porter. $15-$20 is a small price to pay not to have to wait an hour plus. So many people were using the porters, there was a “line” for them! I can only speak for my party, but we were literally less than 2 minutes in front of the customs agent. I don’t know why the non-porter lines were barely moving. Either pay for the service, or don’t.

Once you swipe that sea pass for the last time, you’re no longer a passenger of the cruise line - it’s kinda like a “don’t let the door hit you in the a$$” kind of feeling [emoji3]. Cruise over!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do they have a Global Entry line at Port Canaveral?

Not sure because we used a porter after last month’s Disney cruise and didn’t stop walking thru the line until we were in front of an agent. I mentioned to the porter that that we had global entry and he said you won’t need it. And he was right. If I had chosen not to use the porter, I would have looked for that line instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once again, I don’t care that people were willing to pay for a porter. It’s the fact that the porters had set the arrival system up specifically to create very long lines. Which means more money for them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How many customs desks were open? How would porters convince customs agents to allow several desks just for porters? We’re all of them open? Do you think there is bribery going on?

They do indeed have Global Entry at Port Everglades

So they have the machines where you scan your passport and your fingerprints, or just a line that says "Global Entry" so you can get out of there quickly???

So they have the machines where you scan your passport and your fingerprints, or just a line that says "Global Entry" so you can get out of there quickly???

Who says you need the machines for GE. There is a difference in the way CBP treats airports and cruise ports. It’s not Royal or the port that decides if there is GE it’s the CBP. So yes PE does have GE.

Who says you need the machines for GE. There is a difference in the way CBP treats airports and cruise ports. It’s not Royal or the port that decides if there is GE it’s the CBP. So yes PE does have GE.

Sorry, but that dog won't hunt. :rolleyes:

It's not GE -- it's just a short line for those who have GE. It was the same coming in at the Port of Miami.

We did a family cruise on Oasis in February with four adults and two toddlers. Thank goodness there were porters available! I have no idea how we would have managed all that luggage, pack and play, plus two kids in strollers on our own. Best $20 I spent all cruise, and the porter took our bags right to our car. I felt uncomfortable walking by the huge line, but honestly, I don't think the huge porter luggage cart would have fit through the lines that day. Perhaps they make them wider if the porters are going to go through the line?