World Cruise Restrictions

chamima

We got an email from Princess today that the 2020 World Cruise would open for Elite bookings on April 24th.

We are thinking of doing this .

I remember that there are some things that are different about booking a World Class and am asking the knowledgeable people on here to clarify these things for me.

I think we're looking at the 96 day segment (:eek:) not the whole cruise.

Can I use FCCs to book? (I seem to remember that I can't)

Does it EVER qualify for Sip and Sail?

Cancellation penalties? (It's 2 years away and it's a LONG cruise)

I also remember other things are different but can't remember what things.

Help!

Thanks!

I believe that FCCs cannot be used for a Grand Adventure. These are bookings that are 45 days or longer. Sip and Sail is also not available for these cruises.

As I understand it, you could split the cruise into several smaller ones, but would then lose the Grand Adventure perks.

I believe that FCCs cannot be used for a Grand Adventure. These are bookings that are 45 days or longer. Sip and Sail is also not available for these cruises.

As I understand it, you could split the cruise into several smaller ones, but would then lose the Grand Adventure perks.

Thanks for your answer. I was wondering the same thing as we are considering 2021 or 2022.

Now I have to ask. What are Grand Adventure perks? I'm following a couple blogs now, on the Pacific WC, and neither have mentioned them. Thanks in advance.

From Princess website:

Special World Cruise Benefits

As a guest of the World Cruise, you'll enjoy experiences unique to this epic voyage. And, if you book early on a World Cruise, you could receive a great array of exceptional perks.*

• Guests booking a full World Cruise (96 or 111 days) can earn up to $1,000 in onboard credit per person, which you can redeem in venues such as specialty restaurants, boutiques and the Lotus Spa®
    • Plus complimentary gratuities
    • Plus complimentary mini-bar set-up for suites only

* World Cruise benefits vary by ship and are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, contact your travel agent or call Princess for details.

From Princess website:

As a guest of the World Cruise, you'll enjoy experiences unique to this epic voyage. And, if you book early on a World Cruise, you could receive a great array of exceptional perks.*

• Guests booking a full World Cruise (96 or 111 days) can earn up to $1,000 in onboard credit per person, which you can redeem in venues such as specialty restaurants, boutiques and the Lotus Spa®

* World Cruise benefits vary by ship and are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, contact your travel agent or call Princess for details.

There are also smaller segments.

74 days, 45 days, 22 days, 37 days and 15 days.

None of them qualify for the above "benefits" so can we use an FCC to book one of these segments? Sip and Sail?

And the ship is the Pacific.

For our 60 night Pac Rim Cruise this fall, we received $500 each in OBC and the free grats. Could not use our FCD, but there was only a 100 dollar each deposit required. We have already gone through the $500 each booking tours over and above the tours booked through CC. The cruise is also sold as a 28 and 32 day segment so, as elite, we will probably get one mini bar set up about halfway.

There are also smaller segments.

74 days, 45 days, 22 days, 37 days and 15 days.

None of them qualify for the above "benefits" so can we use an FCC to book one of these segments? Sip and Sail?

And the ship is the Pacific.

It is my understanding that the 74 day leg would qualify for the perks. We have booked a 49 day cruise around South America and we get $500 each OBC, prepaid gratuities and a 3% discount.

Per the small print on the FCD letter:

For full World Cruises or World Cruise segments the FCD offer is a reduced deposit of 5% of the cruise fare and a fare discount of 3%.

So We actually DO use the FCD - it just applies differently?

Is the deposit refundable?

For our reservation for an up coming 60 day cruise we were not able to use a FCD purchased before. Instead we were required to put a separate $100 down each. We were purchasing the cruise under the Three For Free promotion. We received the $500 each OBC. We did this on or own, not through a TA, though it is now under a TA.

As for refundable, I will go back through our records to see. Will take a day or so. You should be able to talk to a Princess rep and get the current details as they change all the time with different promotions.

We could not use the FCD for the 49 day South America cruise in February 2019. Also, no S&S. These apply if booked as one cruise. We did get $500 each OBC, grats included, and a 3% discount on the fare.

Some people split it into 2 or 3 shorter cruises totaling the same 49 days. They did not get any of the perks I list above, but could use FCD and were eligible for S&S if meeting normal conditions

It is my understanding that the 74 day leg would qualify for the perks. We have booked a 49 day cruise around South America and we get $500 each OBC, prepaid gratuities and a 3% discount.

Princess is inconsistent. We were booked on the same cruise but have cancelled it in favor of other things. We originally booked as a 49 day cruise. We were allowed to book with FCD but they didn't give us the 3% discount. Very weird. I asked about the Sip and Sail and they said no way but then I rebooked as a 19 day and a 30 day (same cruise and same cabin just two segments instead of one) and they readily offered the Sip and Sail in that configuration. Go figure.

What about the featured entertainment' date=' obviously do not intend to do numerous production shows problably only a handful.[/quote']

Right. The ship and staff are only set up for about three production shows, so those will be repeated on each segment.

However different guest entertainers will be provided along the way.