LIVE!!!!! From the REFLECTION TRANSATLANTIC - CHICAGOPAUL -

chicagopaul

So slowly but surely we’re running into bartenders we know such as Arya, Ruel, and Toni (bow tie Toni from world class). We also hear Milton is on board (Santa) as he just signed on this cruise but will likely be working Passport Bar.

We drank a decent amount so figured we should at least eat something. We popped into Ocean View Cafe. It was packed as usual on embarkation day even though it was already 2:15. The food selection was very good. I had a small plate. Here is what I had:

efe86a792690b397a2fc0b7d276346c6.jpg

I had paella, beef stew, chicken tikka, roasted chicken, and creole white fish. Only small portions of each but I wanted to give all a try so I could report back.

I was most surprised with the creole fish. It was fantastic. Lots of flavor with minimal heat. My favorite is always the chicken tikka (I love their Indian food) but overall all was very flavorful, cooked well, and plenty to take. Hopefully they keep this up for the entire cruise. While we probably won’t eat lunch too much in Ocean View, we definitely will pop in more if they keep it up.

We’re now back in the room waiting for our luggage and of course the infamous muster drill. Drinking some water to rehydrate so we’re ready for the martini bar tonight. We are all set for 8pm reservations at Lawn Club tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other item to note is that we have the new RFID cards on this ship and the ship app. I will let you know how it works. So far for muster its working great. They tap the cards so they know who is here. Much easier than the old paper checklist.

I hope you and Edward have an amazing cruise. I love following along with your reviews. You have the best/funniest captain in the Celebrity fleet. Also, Simona the Guest Relations manager has always been kind to me.

Bon Voyage and cheers,

Walter

Thank you all for the kind comments. Sail away today was smooth and uneventful with excellent weather. The captain has already been cracking jokes so I’m sure it will be a fun 14 days. We’ve already run into multiple people we’ve cruised with before and couldn’t be happier.

The sunset bar had a great crowd for sail away. It was crowded but not overly packed. Here are a few photos.

c03ffe023ba4db15d0635e9674d29c7c.jpg

b26c641501e7eabce02e9feff2a96801.jpg

We’re back in our room after sail away and just finished unpacking. Everything in its place. Our room steward is Antonio from India. He seems very nice and has already put our beds back together. He also just stopped by and dropped off the following in the photo below from a fellow cruise passenger. Johnny I didn’t think you were serious!

37f47f5905a61d382a6442f9121a4b93.jpg

Next I’m jumping in the shower and we’re off to Martini Bar. Dinner tonight is at Lawn Club (I know I’ve said that a couple times already but I’m looking forward to it!).

I’ll keep you all posted who is working at the Martini Bar and I’ll also be following up on the few questions that have been asked. As always if there are any additional questions just ask away!

Safe and fun travels! Looking forward to your reviews. Husband and I will be boarding when you get to Rome. Our ninth cruise overall, first on X, and our first non-RSVP charter cruise. Any tips on favorite specialty dining, bars, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Bon voyage!

So it is 1am here and I’m crawling into bed. The bars were dead tonight! But it turns out so many bartenders remember us or know of us. I could think of worse problems to have! This shows the continued great service of celebrity. I’ll point them out tomorrow and in the morning I’ll follow up with our meal at Lawn Club and after dinner activities. Again I’d like to continue to thank all of you fir following along here, on Instagram and for commenting. It really means a great deal and please feel free to ask as many questions as you can think of!!

Oh Paul! So glad to see that you are doing another review. I read lots of reviews, but rarely comment. I just want you to know that your reviews are my absolute favorite. :D

Enjoying following along with you as we join Reflection in September...Quick question - Have they discontinued the regular Qsine menu and turned into Le Petit Chef every night?...hope not!

Hope you have a great time! ☺️

Enjoying following along with you as we join Reflection in September...Quick question - Have they discontinued the regular Qsine menu and turned into Le Petit Chef every night?...hope not!

Hope you have a great time! [emoji5]

I’m not sure if it’s every night or not. I know they are testing the new menu but I believe it is only a certain date. We will be checking it out and I’ll report back.

Looks like you and Edward are off to a great start! We sailed the Silhouette Spring Transatlantic last year with Captain Dimitrios and he’s a hoot. You’ll love him! He hangs around Cafe al Bacio frequently in the mornings.

We also started off our TA last year in Lawn Club. A great way to kick off a fun, two week cruise!

Love the penguin and note from Johnny. We were fortunate to meet and sail with him last year on Infinity.

Enjoy your first sea day and we’ll look forward to following along!

We just sat down at Lawn Club for lunch. The weather today is perfect. Literally perfect. 80 degrees. A nice breeze. Plenty of sun. A bit windy on 15 but that makes it fun. Here is the menu from Lawn Club Lunch.

32e1fe8b2c689aedf450eb5c2f9bd306.jpg

We just sat down at Lawn Club for lunch. The weather today is perfect. Literally perfect. 80 degrees. A nice breeze. Plenty of sun. A bit windy on 15 but that makes it fun. Here is the menu from Lawn Club Lunch.

32e1fe8b2c689aedf450eb5c2f9bd306.jpg

Hi Paul,

I had lunch there a couple of weeks ago and despite having a Premium drink package was charged for the drink listed at the bottom of the menu. Wondered if that was correct but ended up paying it. Enjoy your lunch...I did mine [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Paul,

I had lunch there a couple of weeks ago and despite having a Premium drink package was charged for the drink listed at the bottom of the menu. Wondered if that was correct but ended up paying it. Enjoy your lunch...I did mine [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not a mistake! They did notify us when we sat down that those were in addition to the drink package. Any other drinks would qualify though under the drink package.