Early access to staterooms on Carnival

NavarreCruiser

There is/was a thread here on Cruise Critic about Carnival potentially removing this benefit from Diamond and Platinum and only giving it to purchasers of FTTF. This "rumor" was started because some cruisers were told this by Carnival crew and one poster even said that a room steward showed her a list of early access cabins and her platinum cabin was not listed. This discussion started in mid-March and went on for 29 pages with the last comment posted some days ago. Carnival and John Heald disavowed this change and some Carnival supporters branded this discussion as fake news and Carnival bashing,

Back and forth it went. Rather than resurrecting this long and heated thread, I thought I would just ask any Diamond and Platinum cruisers who are on a cruise or recently returned from a Carnival cruise if they had any trouble accessing their cabins in the announced 11:30 to 1:30 early window.

On my Miracle cruise (3/24) the doors to cabins had a new/different sign posted. The old one with the "Diamond/Platinum & FTTF Come on in" statement was changed to a general "Cabins will not be ready until 1:30". I asked a passing Carnival staff member who told me that P/D and FTTF could still go to their cabins. I suspect that too many people that were not P/D or FTTF were just barging on in before. Because entitlement ya know.

On my Miracle cruise (3/24) the doors to cabins had a new/different sign posted. The old one with the "Diamond/Platinum & FTTF Come on in" statement was changed to a general "Cabins will not be ready until 1:30". I asked a passing Carnival staff member who told me that P/D and FTTF could still go to their cabins. I suspect that too many people that were not P/D or FTTF were just barging on in before. Because entitlement ya know.
I was just about to ask about this. We were on the Elation this March and had FTTF. We went straight to our cabin, which was ready, but after lunch we returned to see this same sign. We decided to open the door and go to our cabin, but it felt awkward ignoring the sign. We especially felt bad because other guests may have seen us and decided to check their rooms out early. It was almost like they really don't want you in the rooms even though you are allowed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

we are Platinum walked right through the 1 :30 closed doors ( at 11;30) and our cabin was ready. We dropped our stuff off and went to the lido deck for lunch. We cane back to the cabin around 1 :00 and our bags were already there.

we are Platinum walked right through the 1 :30 closed doors ( at 11;30) and our cabin was ready. We dropped our stuff off and went to the lido deck for lunch. We cane back to the cabin around 1 :00 and our bags were already there.

Exact same thing we did ,,No problems at all ,we are Plat..

There may be an off-cruise where cabins aren’t ready. Happened to us a few years ago. Perfect storm of Crew Immigration Check and Coast Guard Lifeboat Drill. Boarding didn’t start until after 1, no cabins available until after 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We never had a problem going directly to our stateroom. We drop off our carry on bags and go to lunch. We sometimes even meet our steward before we go to lunch and by the time we get back we have ice, robes, set up our twice/day service and provide a pre-departure tip.

I was just about to ask about this. We were on the Elation this March and had FTTF. We went straight to our cabin, which was ready, but after lunch we returned to see this same sign. We decided to open the door and go to our cabin, but it felt awkward ignoring the sign. We especially felt bad because other guests may have seen us and decided to check their rooms out early. It was almost like they really don't want you in the rooms even though you are allowed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Vista last Jan, same thing for us .....we abided by the sign and didn't get in the room early. Actually I wasn't even aware that as platinum, we could go in! I know now!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There may be an off-cruise where cabins aren’t ready. Happened to us a few years ago. Perfect storm of Crew Immigration Check and Coast Guard Lifeboat Drill. Boarding didn’t start until after 1, no cabins available until after 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

^^^^ This. Other than that, pure speculation on false rumors.

Just boarded the Paradise.this morning. We were told when we checked in that our cabin would be ready and it was. No issues.:cool:

Lots of people are waiting impatiently to see the changes to the Paradise. And even more people enjoy your reviews. Any chance you will reviewing this cruise?

Sailed the Sunshine first week in March.

Dropped my carry-on stuff in my room about noon without any problem.

Only difference was having the S&S cards at the cabin, rather than getting them prior to embarking.

There is/was a thread here on Cruise Critic about Carnival potentially removing this benefit from Diamond and Platinum and only giving it to purchasers of FTTF. This "rumor" was started because some cruisers were told this by Carnival crew and one poster even said that a room steward showed her a list of early access cabins and her platinum cabin was not listed. This discussion started in mid-March and went on for 29 pages with the last comment posted some days ago. Carnival and John Heald disavowed this change and some Carnival supporters branded this discussion as fake news and Carnival bashing,

Back and forth it went. Rather than resurrecting this long and heated thread, I thought I would just ask any Diamond and Platinum cruisers who are on a cruise or recently returned from a Carnival cruise if they had any trouble accessing their cabins in the announced 11:30 to 1:30 early window.

Don't start the rumor again.

I posted this on the previous thread. I sailed the Conquest last month. Went to my cabin, key was in the mail slot and door was propped open. We dropped our carry-ons, used the bathroom and noticed the stateroom wasn't quite ready. Our room steward came in asked us, politely, to leave so he could finish. Like another poster said.....it could've been a "one off" occurance. We left, ate at lido, came back about 1:30, room was ready and our checked bags were in the hall.

Wow! I thought this thread was retired already!:confused:

We just returned from our 8 day Elation cruise. PL/DI's, just ignore this thread!

We got our S & S Cards and walked on board and right to our cabins, and yes the check in agent told us our cabins were ready (11:15am).

Happy Cruisin'

PS.. We also met our RS in the hallway, almost as soon as we opened the cabin door,. Best RS we have had lately.