Carnival - future cruise options and Europe, Alaska

I just returned from an 8 day southern caribbean cruise on the conquest. I have some concerns over decline in service/quality etc but I'll leave that for another thread.

This was our 4th cruise and all with Carnival. First cruise we bought the Future cruise certificate. The program changed so we didn't do that on other two. And it looks like it has now changed again - as it looks like if you change cruises or get an early saver discount or something you can lose your credit. Can someone clarify. I am now back and they sent me a - you missed booking on board so here is a 2 week offer - Up to 20% off Fun Select Rates with Early Saver Up to $50 onboard credit per room, Free 2 category upgrade, Half off your deposit, Limited time to book. So not sure how that compares with onboard offer or other offers that will be available in the future.

With that being said - Europe and Alaska are still on my wishlist - not sure whether with Carnival or another line. Will the Panorama be cruising out of Europe before it heads to Long Beach.

I just returned from an 8 day southern caribbean cruise on the conquest. I have some concerns over decline in service/quality etc but I'll leave that for another thread.

This was our 4th cruise and all with Carnival. First cruise we bought the Future cruise certificate. The program changed so we didn't do that on other two. And it looks like it has now changed again - as it looks like if you change cruises or get an early saver discount or something you can lose your credit. Can someone clarify. I am now back and they sent me a - you missed booking on board so here is a 2 week offer - Up to 20% off Fun Select Rates with Early Saver Up to $50 onboard credit per room, Free 2 category upgrade, Half off your deposit, Limited time to book. So not sure how that compares with onboard offer or other offers that will be available in the future.

With that being said - Europe and Alaska are still on my wishlist - not sure whether with Carnival or another line. Will the Panorama be cruising out of Europe before it heads to Long Beach.

We've

Our very first cruise was to Alaska on Princess and it was perfect. We've done Southern Carribean, Bahamas, KeyWest/Cozumel on Carnival and are booked for Cuba.

I've heard that Carnival is not the one to take to Alaska. Not sure but I do know we enjoyed Princess for Alaska but we've been very satisfied with Carnival on all our others.

We are doing an 8 day Southern on the Vista in a few weeks ( Havana Aft Wrap) , and have an 8 day booked the same time next year on Carnival for Alaska.

I'm sure after getting spoiled with the Havana Area on this upcoming cruise it will be hard to beat but the Alaska is more for the experience then the cruise.

After Alaska it will be Havana Area on the Horizon....Then Europe with a Transatlantic.

Am I imagining something or is Carnival no longer offering repositioning or transatlantic cruises. We also only cruised with our kids and 4 in a room. They are currently 18 and almost 16. Hubby would like to try some kid free cruises. Price wise - airfare is our biggest expense. I know other lines frequently have sales on Alaska closer to sailing and if you are no picky on cabin, particularly on their one way cruises. But we often book airfare up to 11 months out, particularly if trying to use aeroplan points.

We are Diamond on Carnival and had a great time last Sept on Carnival to Alaska.

Having said this we are disappointed with the cutbacks especially entertainment on Carnival and have started cruising on Princess to Europe and TA's and find them far superior.

In the future for our winter cruises we will use both to the Caribbean but for Europe it will be Princess without a doubt

The Carnival Journeys Alaska Cruise is right in line with the same itin on Princess.

Carnival will be fitting out the Panorama as she sails to Long Beach.

Hopefully they’ll have the parking situation figured out by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since I have to fly anyway, I can't see a reason to go to Long Beach for Alaska, unless I happened to be in California for another reason (work conference for hubby or something). I was looking at HAL and Princess too. I've been able to get good rates booking early with Carnival (and early saver not that rates ever dropped), but I can never see good rates for booking early on other lines.

As for Europe - I'd like Greece in cooler weather or Baltics in warmer weather, as those are areas I've never been. Doubtful I will see Carnival there any time soon.

I may do a short Bahamas cruise on RCI (part of that Hilton timeshare offer) which would give some perspective on another line.

Since I have to fly anyway, I can't see a reason to go to Long Beach for Alaska, unless I happened to be in California for another reason (work conference for hubby or something). I was looking at HAL and Princess too. I've been able to get good rates booking early with Carnival (and early saver not that rates ever dropped), but I can never see good rates for booking early on other lines.

As for Europe - I'd like Greece in cooler weather or Baltics in warmer weather, as those are areas I've never been. Doubtful I will see Carnival there any time soon.

I may do a short Bahamas cruise on RCI (part of that Hilton timeshare offer) which would give some perspective on another line.

Carnival is not a factor and apparently will not be sailing in Europe until at least the next class of ships is completed.

Since it is a very nice technology for them would think they would do a European season before doing a TA.

We did Alaska on Carnival & it was one of our best cruises. BOOK IT.

I agree! Everybody in my family enjoyed it ranging in ages from 8 to 65. We thought carnival did a great job including having a naturalist on board to talk about the area.

I did Carnival to Alaska, think it was my 25th possibly on carnival so i got a invite to meet the captain special party.

The historian type lady was awesome.

One of my best cruises, ... and Ive done Celebrity to Hawaii and Princess a few times. And of course many RCLs. so when i say Carnival to Alaska was one of my favorite. I have a lot to choose from

On Carnival got to see two glaciers, the day we sailed almost right up to one we saw whales early morning, then the glacier from the ship. The next day for like $3 right outside the port i bought the bus ride to the national park, poured rain. but then i could spend as long as i wanted at the park vs Carnival excursion for like $100 and only a hour there. $3 bus ride each way and i could take my time.

most awesome ever cruise

Im watching the partial panama sailing this oct out of galveston, last year they took off the solo doubled payment supplement, but i had already booked another cruise that conflicted .. Im hoping for a price break so i dont have to pay double.

Panama is on my bucket list. I do know i have to pay for the excursion to see the locks.

I did Carnival to Alaska, think it was my 25th possibly on carnival so i got a invite to meet the captain special party.

The historian type lady was awesome.

One of my best cruises, ... and Ive done Celebrity to Hawaii and Princess a few times. And of course many RCLs. so when i say Carnival to Alaska was one of my favorite. I have a lot to choose from

On Carnival got to see two glaciers, the day we sailed almost right up to one we saw whales early morning, then the glacier from the ship. The next day for like $3 right outside the port i bought the bus ride to the national park, poured rain. but then i could spend as long as i wanted at the park vs Carnival excursion for like $100 and only a hour there. $3 bus ride each way and i could take my time.

most awesome ever cruise

Im watching the partial panama sailing this oct out of galveston, last year they took off the solo doubled payment supplement, but i had already booked another cruise that conflicted .. Im hoping for a price break so i dont have to pay double.

Panama is on my bucket list. I do know i have to pay for the excursion to see the locks.

Have not seen you on here for ages. If you do an excursion looks for myfriendmario.com

The Carnival Journeys Alaska Cruise is right in line with the same itin on Princess.

Carnival will be fitting out the Panorama as she sails to Long Beach.

Hopefully they’ll have the parking situation figured out by then.

Where did you find the Alaska Journeys cruise? I am researching either a B2B or a Journeys cruise.

Where did you find the Alaska Journeys cruise? I am researching either a B2B or a Journeys cruise.

Look for Alaska and Long Beach. It’s been sold out for a while but cabins do become available as pax cancel. Final payment is the end of May, expecting a few cabins to open up then.

Vancouver, Sitka, Skagway, Ketchikan, Juneau, Icy Straight Point and Glacier Bay.

Look for Alaska and Long Beach. It’s been sold out for a while but cabins do become available as pax cancel. Final payment is the end of May, expecting a few cabins to open up then.

Vancouver, Sitka, Skagway, Ketchikan, Juneau, Icy Straight Point and Glacier Bay.

Thanks. This would be for 2019 or 2020 anyway! :rolleyes:

Same itinerary as last year. Loved it but next time we go back need to do land tour before or after

Same itinerary as last year. Loved it but next time we go back need to do land tour before or after

Not quite, Vancouver is first.

Talk to the Feisty One. They did a land tour.

Not quite, Vancouver is first.

Talk to the Feisty One. They did a land tour.

I did notice no bears last Sept so thinking she scared them away:)

Considering another Hawaii one for next Jan but would do it on Princess out of LA. How far from LA are you and your evil sister?:)

We have exclusively sailed Carnival including the Vista in the Mediterranean. As we wanted to go back to Europe for a cruise and Carnival is not in that market currently we booked Princess for 2019. It's quite a lot more in terms of price especially since we booked 2 interior cabins. We normally sail in a balcony with the 4 of us but that was even more expensive than the 2 interiors. I will be scrimping and saving over the next year but am really excited for our itinerary.

I got spoiled with the bigger 4 person cabins on upper floors as we had a balcony on Liberty and Valor (Liberty we technically booked an outside but they upgraded those cabins to balconies during drydock) and an inside with outside view of the private deck on the Breeze. Was trying to budget a little for Easter week on Conquest so booked a 4 person interior on main (the outside would have had both teens sharing a double sofa) and it was a lot smaller. The one thing I do like is knowing what the cabins would be like on Carnival. Some other lines are even smaller with weird layouts, the strangest being a trundle bed which would be between hubby and me.

Panama is interesting to me, does Carnival do a full crossing or just Partial. Firefly - with Carnival did you do Glacier Bay and which national park did you visit?

I did notice no bears last Sept so thinking she scared them away[emoji4]

Considering another Hawaii one for next Jan but would do it on Princess out of LA. How far from LA are you and your evil sister?:)

We’re an hour drive away. We judge distance by time out here. By LA standards, that’s practically around the corner.