concierge lunch?

39august

We did on our B2B Baltic and Norway but we were also concierge class so I don't really know if that makes a difference. We went off the ship and had lunch in Southampton anyway.

We did a B2B in September on the Equinox and were invited to the MDR for lunch with the other concierge people...it was very good!

Marsha

Yes, on your turnaround day.

Thank you

Two years ago we took our first cruise. It was in Aqua class on the Summit.

we arrived at the terminal very early. So after checking in, we were directed to rows of chairs to sit and wait for boarding. We passed the time talking a couple next to us.

They were in concierge class and us in aqua. He was jabbing me about them going to lunch in the MDR and us having to go to the buffet.

After we boarded, wife and I headed to the buffet. After twenty minutes, here comes the concierge couple. The guys says, " I couldn't eat and of that crap". So they joined us for lunch.

Hi to all!

We have a concierge cabin in October on Equinox.

Just a small question because of embarkation :cool:whats the dress code for the lunch if any?

or can one wear shorts or a dress over costume?

Many thanks in advance

..." I couldn't eat and of that crap". ....

I couldn't agree more. The menu is far too limited and just not for my taste. We were excited the first time we had this option but we left after sitting down and looking at the menu. Just because someone calls it "special" or a "perk" doesn't make it so. Just head directly to the OCV.

Can you ask for something that's not on the menu? Like a hamburger and fries.

I don't know, I've never tried it but my hunch is no. Considering the organized chaos of embarkation day, several thousand new passengers to settle in and the limited menu choices offered, id think they wouldn't be geared up for special requests. Then again, if you don't ask, the answer is definitely no.

It is a very limited menu. Roasted salmon, roasted spare ribs, a pasta, a chicken dish I believe but don’t remember exactly. The pasta was so-so. The salmon decent, the spare ribs good. Soup and/or salad. Chocolate cake or apple pie for finisher.

We were there in Feb 2017, and twice in Feb 2018. Will be there in a month. It is nice that you have a place to drop your bag in the corner, then eat without the chaos of the Oceanview.

Those in Concierge Class and Back to Back guests are generally invited. It isn’t worth a lot to me, but it is one reason we paid a little more for a last minute Alaska cruise, over the standard balcony room.

It is a very limited menu. Roasted salmon, roasted spare ribs, a pasta, a chicken dish I believe but don’t remember exactly. The pasta was so-so. The salmon decent, the spare ribs good. Soup and/or salad. Chocolate cake or apple pie for finisher.

We were there in Feb 2017, and twice in Feb 2018. Will be there in a month. It is nice that you have a place to drop your bag in the corner, then eat without the chaos of the Oceanview.

Those in Concierge Class and Back to Back guests are generally invited. It isn’t worth a lot to me, but it is one reason we paid a little more for a last minute Alaska cruise, over the standard balcony room.

When we last did the luncheon on Eclipse I enjoyed the rack of lamb as one of the choices. There are definitely limited choices, but perhaps they vary.

Can you ask for something that's not on the menu? Like a hamburger and fries.

If you want a burger and fries I would go to the Mast Grill....burgers, fries and hot dogs are really good..only disadvantage is not too much shade.