Mens shorts in the dining room during a Caribbean Itinerary

glittergal1

I'm not disputing what the poster has personally observed on Glory but I never recall seeing dress shorts on Elegant Night in multiple Carnival cruises and the OP should not count on being admitted to the MDR. I absolutely have seen people turned away. It may be possible that the 30% mentioned are wearing something more formal than slack/shirt however and that I am misinterpreting. YMMV.

I have no intention of allowing my husband to wear shorts on Elegant night :), He would normally take his 3 piece suit but as we have limited cabin luggage this time it may be the trousers waistcoat shirt and tie

He's just happy to be able to wear shorts other nights and not look out of place

we always respect the dress codes on any cruise we go on .

Ladies do you find it a bit chilly indoors with the aircon?

I always take a light sweater to wear with my nice clothes & a light fleece jacket to wear out on deck in the evening. As I've gotten older & a tad heavier, I don't get quite as chilly as I used to. I guess that's one benefit of menopause.

I'd like to try a kilt, but I wouldn't know what plaid to get (and I'd hate to wear the wrong thing).

My heritage is Scots-Irish so my kilt is an Irish Heritage tartan in 5 yard wool, then I use my Scottish family name kilt pin. My wife wears a matching sash in the same tartan pattern with a matching family brooch. I pretty much buy all my stuff from usakilts.com so no Utilikilt here, they specialize in the traditional.

Nice Shorts and Polo Ok for Steak House, Italian and Asian?
Unless things have recently changed and if they have I will be corrected, but as far as I know, shorts are allowed in Cucina del Capitano and Jiji's, and long pants are needed in the Steakhouse, but as usual if you go the first night in shorts, you can claim that your luggage hasn't shown up.

He would normally take his 3 piece suit but as we have limited cabin luggage this time it may be the trousers waistcoat shirt and tie

Another option would be for him to leave the coat at home and wear the trousers, tie and vest.

Unless things have recently changed and if they have I will be corrected, but as far as I know, shorts are allowed in Cucina del Capitano and Jiji's, and long pants are needed in the Steakhouse, but as usual if you go the first night in shorts, you can claim that your luggage hasn't shown up.

Dressed up for the Steak Dinners it is.

Thank you,

Originally posted by glittergal1 He would normally take his 3 piece suit but as we have limited cabin luggage this time it may be the trousers waistcoat shirt and tie

Another option would be for him to leave the coat at home and wear the trousers, tie and vest.

A waistcoat is a vest;)

More card carrying members of the me generation.

We learned from our parents...you guys.

Attitude is a reflection of leadership.

My generation did not get taken on cruises by our parents while we were still in school, unlike your pampered generation. You also probably think it's not a problem to take your little angels out of school to go on vacation. Vacations were known as road trips that were taken during the summer and an actual vacation was when we were in the work force and paid for it ourselves with money that we earned.

Hello we are new to carnival and new to a Caribbean itinerary , My question is regarding the type of shorts men can wear in the dining room are shorts with outer pockets ok (cargo shorts) or do they have to be the smarter straight leg short with out turn ups? or are turn ups allowed ?

We always sailed in Europe were my husband always wore smart trousers and shirt for dinner , He is looking forward to wearing shorts :D

Formal night would smart trousers , shirt and tie be OK ?

Anything goes. Do not need a tie or jacket.