Other cruise line question

Stlcardsfan79

Hi friends, does anyone have thoughts on Celebrity cruise line? How it compares to NCL? My SIL is trying to book a cruise and the TA is trying to push Celebrity. I know nothing about Celebrity and I know you guys are very knowledgeable about all things cruise related.

My 84 year old mother loves Celebrity. I am a very young 60 year old who found it pretty boring and very vanilla. Hope you get my drift (lol).

I got it😉 Looking at it I think NCL would offer them more to do plus I think the food options on NCL would be more in line with my brother's taste. Thanks for your input.

My 84 year old mother loves Celebrity. I am a very young 60 year old who found it pretty boring and very vanilla. Hope you get my drift (lol).

Can’t help myself but to comment. My husband & I are midfifty range and also very active. We found 2 Celebrity cruises to be busy and active and yet to allow some down time and enjoy the views. Food was very good and wine choices excellent. It is usually an older crowd due to longer itineraries. As always it is what you make of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We tried X but not NCL, so we can't' compare. We like X a lot! Had a blast and it was NOT an older crowd. I'd say 40s and up.... and some younger. Food was pretty good but not great. You can read my review, I did a comparison of X and Princess. I'll be comparing all 3 when we get back from NCL cruise in Sept.!

We've cruised NCL and Celebrity, and have enjoyed our cruises on both. We totally love Celebrity; their S-class ships (Solstice, etc.) are stunningly beautiful. While NCL and Celebrity are both mainstream cruise lines, Celebrity feels a cut above NCL to me.

To us, the itinerary and the ship are key factors.

Overpriced and underwhelming. Pass.

Yes I agree

NCL leads the industry in so many ways like Freestyle, their treatment of solos and providing studio rooms. They also are good about refunding deposits.

And the hull artwork too is great.

I did Celebrity Summit and had many little issues crop up all week long. The photographers are mean if you get close and want to take photos of Captain.

I got watched and scolded by them.

RCI is better than Celebrity any day for me. But seriously, NCL is the best in manys ways.

I thought I'd add one more pro Celebrity post, especially for the S-Class ships. I've enjoyed all my cruises, but I was particularly impressed by the level of service on Celebrity. For example, in the men's room by the main theater, cloth towels instead of paper. Plus there was an attendant in there every few minutes cleaning and moping. I've only sailed on the Sky and Spirit on Norwegian and I wasn't impressed by the cleanliness of either. That said, I can live with paper towels. It was just one of the things I noticed.

I'm actually looking at a fall cruise on one of the newer Norwegian ships currently as some in my cruising group are price sensitive and Norwegian definitely has better pricing at the moment.

The comments about age are very appropriate. I thought Celebrity was trying for a younger vibe, but it felt forced. I didn't feel that way on Norwegian or Carnival where the younger atmosphere just felt natural. That's not a knock, just an observation from someone about to enter his seventh decade.

Jim

Thank you for this thread. I enjoyed my recent NCL cruise but was already researching other lines before disembarkation. I think I would enjoy less blaring music/sexiest leg contest and more dress up and dance. The freedom to do so on my own is different from the ambiance of fellow cruisers with the same interests.

I appreciate hearing how NCL regulars think of Celebrity and will add it to my list of lines to consider.

I have enjoyed Celebrity and NCL (and for that matter, all of the other lines I have sailed on, too), so here are my observation's....

Celebrity in general offers a bit more of a traditional cruise experience, with a more sedate crowd in general (not quite as much as HAL does)....NCL is a much more lively cruise experience, with better entertainment. As for food, I believe Celebrity has the edge, although they have slipped down (as have most cruise lines), from what they offered when Michel Roux guided their cuisine, several years ago....

I am sorry to be a cynic, but here goes. Is the TA pushing Celebrity because s/he thinks it's the best line, and therefore the best value for your vacation dollar? Or is the TA getting some sort of incentive from selling so many cruises on that particular line?

I have sailed X, had a nice time, and would happily sail them again. But overall I think NCL has better service, is a more fun, relaxed vacation and is generally a much better value.

Thank you for this thread. I enjoyed my recent NCL cruise but was already researching other lines before disembarkation. I think I would enjoy less blaring music/sexiest leg contest and more dress up and dance. The freedom to do so on my own is different from the ambiance of fellow cruisers with the same interests.

I appreciate hearing how NCL regulars think of Celebrity and will add it to my list of lines to consider.

Were you by chance on the Getaway April 15th? It was quite a show on the last sea day by the pool [emoji160] [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Celebrity is our favorite cruise line..we found the food to be so much better than NCL, but then food is very subjective.

we've also found the crew to be extremely friendly and courteous, the ships cleanliness impecable. As far as being more expensive, I can't agree with that. Our last 3 cruises have been with Celebrity; our next cruise is with NCL this Fall and found the cost to be somewhat higher than we're used to paying for our Transatlantic out of Southampton. We've cruised NCL several times and were always happy with them...our last was on the Breakaway, however...staff shortage may have been the problem, but cleanliness and service was very disappointing. I've read lots of good things about the Jade and am happily looking forward to our trip!

Hi friends, does anyone have thoughts on Celebrity cruise line? How it compares to NCL? My SIL is trying to book a cruise and the TA is trying to push Celebrity. I know nothing about Celebrity and I know you guys are very knowledgeable about all things cruise related.

Celebrity is slightly more upscale but we have a friend that just did Celebrity and so much prefers NCL> We have sailed Celebrity a couple of times; once when our granddaughter got married on the ship: it was not the best cruise ever. In fact we were a bit disappointed with just about everything except the food. Our first sailing on Celebrity was great. I think, like so many experiences what works for one, does not work for someone else. I also would love to know why her agent is pushing Celebrity. Unless there is a reason a good agent does not push one line over another. This doesn't mean they do not give the pros and cons if a client asks, but they should remain objective at all times: Just my opinion as a retired agent.