New Kids Sail Free

Thought I read on FB there was going to be a new Kids Sail Free promotion today but I'm not seeing it (nor can I find the details anymore). Is there a new promotion and if so, anyone know the terms and dates? Both our cruises are peak times but thought I had read the exclusion date was just after our March one so am curious.

PS - On a totally different note...what happened to the option to select refundable or non-refundable? Think it's only giving non-refundable pricing.

The refundable option is still there but you now have to go thru the entire booking process and only AFTER entering all passenger info you will see a box to check for a refundable fare for an additional $$$ amount. It no loner displays the 2 rates.

The refundable option is still there but you now have to go thru the entire booking process and only AFTER entering all passenger info you will see a box to check for a refundable fare for an additional $$$ amount. It no loner displays the 2 rates.

yeah this really aggravates me.

What happened to: "Yes, it is very important that all travel partners clearly specify when nonrefundable deposit requirements apply, both inmarketing advertisements and also upon confirming your clients’ cruise reservation(s). It is imperative that your clientsunderstand the full terms and conditions of such fares in advance."

It seems so sneaky the way they are handling it on their website. Royal Caribbean really deserves a DUH on this one. They are being unnecessarily annoying.

... It seems so sneaky the way they are handling it on their website. Royal Caribbean really deserves a DUH on this one. They are being unnecessarily annoying.

Yes, it seems their business practices get more deceptive by the day.

yeah this really aggravates me.

What happened to: "Yes, it is very important that all travel partners clearly specify when nonrefundable deposit requirements apply, both inmarketing advertisements and also upon confirming your clients’ cruise reservation(s). It is imperative that your clientsunderstand the full terms and conditions of such fares in advance."

It seems so sneaky the way they are handling it on their website. Royal Caribbean really deserves a DUH on this one. They are being unnecessarily annoying.

I agree- It makes their already cumbersome (for me) to navigate, now it's even more steps

You mean after the summary page with the price? Ironically I'm getting what you would think is the non-refundable price (i.e. wow...price really went up). Not intuitive at all as I'm looking for it, and don't see the option. It says you lose "minimal deposit" after today though so assuming this is the non-refundable.

Guess no one ones about a Kids Sail Free promo?

You mean after the summary page with the price? Ironically I'm getting what you would think is the non-refundable price (i.e. wow...price really went up). Not intuitive at all as I'm looking for it, and don't see the option. It says you lose "minimal deposit" after today though so assuming this is the non-refundable.

Yes you have to add all passenger info and get to the screen where you pick dining time

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I see now. What a pain to have to enter all the info.

And wow..what is up with pricing? It went up $800 from last week for non-refundable and refundable is another $500 on top of that.

I have tried pricing out two different cruises and noticed something. If you select 1 room, then the price per person would be lower than if you selected 2 rooms. It appears that if you select 1 room, then that would be the non-refundable fare. If you select 2 rooms, then that would be the refundable fare.

If that is the case, then you wouldn't have to go through the booking process to find out what the refundable and nonrefundable fares are.

I think a lot of people have realized that these "promo's" are really deceptive marketing and with "dynamic pricing" they don't necessarily result in any savings whatsoever.

Just a week or two ago I was getting the option to choose the refundable, or the non-refundable fares. I went and checked now and sure enough the refundable choice is skipped. Having to fill in all the guest information just to check the refundable price is extremely annoying and time consuming. Chalk up another thing that RCCL is doing to erode the customer experience.

Dan

Kids Sail Free will be on May 1st from what my TA told me. I did get an email today for kids sail at a reduced rate. I booked before I got a TA, did refundable, but my TA pointed out that I have a NON-REUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $1,000. Now we're not sure if we can re-price the cruise as deals come up.

Kids Sail Free will be on May 1st from what my TA told me. I did get an email today for kids sail at a reduced rate. I booked before I got a TA, did refundable, but my TA pointed out that I have a NON-REUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $1,000. Now we're not sure if we can re-price the cruise as deals come up.

You can get price drops with a non refundable rate. You only get charged if you change ship and/or sail date

Thanks. Will check again then on the 1st. But if they've raised the price that much, then we'll still more likely be better of with current price...even if our younger one is free.

Thought I read on FB there was going to be a new Kids Sail Free promotion today but I'm not seeing it (nor can I find the details anymore). Is there a new promotion and if so, anyone know the terms and dates? Both our cruises are peak times but thought I had read the exclusion date was just after our March one so am curious.

PS - On a totally different note...what happened to the option to select refundable or non-refundable? Think it's only giving non-refundable pricing.

Kid's sail free. Is that the promotion where they double the price of the first two passengers and then discount the kids? I remember a promo like that on another line. As it turned out it was less expensive to book 2 rooms and spilt up than it was to cram 2 adults and 2 kids in one room.

Kid's sail free. Is that the promotion where they double the price of the first two passengers and then discount the kids? I remember a promo like that on another line. As it turned out it was less expensive to book 2 rooms and spilt up than it was to cram 2 adults and 2 kids in one room.

Thanks. So far I've never found it to be cheaper getting two rooms , but I'll check if they do add the Kids Sail Free.

Thanks. Will check again then on the 1st. But if they've raised the price that much, then we'll still more likely be better of with current price...even if our younger one is free.

You can always put a courtesy hold on a room on the 30th to lock in that price until you see what sale appears May 1, unless someone on here posts it before then

Thanks. So far I've never found it to be cheaper getting two rooms , but I'll check if they do add the Kids Sail Free.

I just checked the dates and it’s for departures Sept 1 2018 to May 31st 2019. Excludes Christmas and a couple other dates however surprisingly enough it includes our March break as it excludes March 16th to 30th.

* Kids Sail for Free O er: o ers free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on 4 nights or longer Europe, Bahamas, Bermuda, Hawaii, Canada, Coastal and Caribbean sailings departing between September 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019. The Kids Sail Free Bonus excludes sailings between February 15 - 18, 2019, sailings between March 16 – 30, 2019, sailings between April 13 -22, 2019, sailings between November 17 – November 23, 2018 and Sailings between December 17, 2018 – January 1, 2019 4/20/2018

You can always put a courtesy hold on a room on the 30th to lock in that price until you see what sale appears May 1, unless someone on here posts it before then

It’s another WOW sale. May 1-6. Up to $300 to spend at sea and kids sail free, and let’s not forget 50% off the second guest.

I just checked the dates and it’s for departures Sept 1 2018 to May 31st 2019. Excludes Christmas and a couple other dates however surprisingly enough it includes our March break as it excludes March 16th to 30th.

* Kids Sail for Free O er: o ers free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on 4 nights or longer Europe, Bahamas, Bermuda, Hawaii, Canada, Coastal and Caribbean sailings departing between September 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019. The Kids Sail Free Bonus excludes sailings between February 15 - 18, 2019, sailings between March 16 – 30, 2019, sailings between April 13 -22, 2019, sailings between November 17 – November 23, 2018 and Sailings between December 17, 2018 – January 1, 2019 4/20/2018

Ken...exactly...that's what I 'thought' I had read (and was surprised) so was curious on the price. Our older one just turned 13 but our younger one will be 9 when we sail so wondering the cost. But hvaing said that....the refundable cost is currently $1000 more than we had locked in a few weeks ago. We just switched to non-refundable for a good savings and even that is curretnly 800 more than our locked in price. So something tells me that we'll still be better off with our booking.

Thank you for posting!