Can someone explain this?

In looking at balcony cabins on the Symphony, they have a choice of “you choose the room” or “we choose the room”. When selecting you choose, it comes up with four choices of balcony rooms, but they’re all guarantee cabins and you cannot choose? So what’s the difference between paying $1946 and $2036?

1d675426d2814d88f2220caef589fc57.jpg6c46955e57a541066f8022ab8aae2a67.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've encountered this. I concluded that bookings had reached a level to close the category. The fact that guarantees are available simply means there are higher levels open and/or the overbooking limit has not been reached.

Of course as likely an explanation is that RCL IT is showing its usual level of competence.

Your basically getting a gty with a $90 savings. Even though it is a gty you can change cabins to anything in the same category once your given a cabin number. To anything that is still available at the time.

But a guarantee you many not get a cabin assignment until you show up at the pier... We've had quite a few on here last year that were not assigned until sailing or just before...

Your basically getting a gty with a $90 savings. Even though it is a gty you can change cabins to anything in the same category once your given a cabin number. To anything that is still available at the time.

What he/she said. To me the cost difference would have to be a lot more than $90 to give up my option of picking my own cabin

About $80 is the difference! If you're going with the "you pick my cabin" or a guarantee booking, you can't select a specific cabin.

If you want to pick your own cabin, call them on the phone and do it...the website sucks.

Is the "we choose" option giving you various types of balconies that you can narrow it down to (Central park, larger, etc). If not, maybe that is the difference? The least expsnive being a gty for ANY balcony and the "you choose" being paying a little bit more to get a gty in a certain, minimum cat of balcony?

Is the "we choose" option giving you various types of balconies that you can narrow it down to (Central park, larger, etc). If not, maybe that is the difference? The least expsnive being a gty for ANY balcony and the "you choose" being paying a little bit more to get a gty in a certain, minimum cat of balcony?

No, the “we choose” goes directly to the sign up page, no category choices.

No, the “we choose” goes directly to the sign up page, no category choices.

So there is you answer---the lower priced "we choose" means RCI can put you in any balcony of any type anywhere no the ship.

The "you choose" isn't letting you pick a specific cabin but at least letting you specify which balcony type you want (Boardwalk, Oceanview, etc)

I work with my TA when I book and she gets me the best price and location i want. I am checking well enough ahead that I have more options to choose from. I really can't explain why under the Suites there is such a large difference between you selecting and having them do it,. If I book directly with a cruise line agent, I would still go over available cabins then call.

So there is you answer---the lower priced "we choose" means RCI can put you in any balcony of any type anywhere no the ship.

The "you choose" isn't letting you pick a specific cabin but at least letting you specify which balcony type you want (Boardwalk, Oceanview, etc)

The Boardwalk and Central Park balcony rooms are classified differently than the Oceanview balcony rooms. If booking a GTY stateroom, one would say Neighbourhood Balcony GTY Stateroom (Boardwalk or Central Park) or Oceanview GTY Stateroom.