Which Specialty? Escape

Between Moderno, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Cagney's on Escape which 3 would you recommen dine? We have the 3 meal dining plan.

Tappenyaki is out as hibachi does not sit well with us (we've tried hibachi multiple places in multiple states with same outcome). :(

Moderno is really good, we have not tried it on the Escape, but on other ships. It is our favorite and has a great salad bar with antipasto, interesting ingredients. Cagney's was pretty good ..kind of like a Keg, or other affordable steak house. We have done Cucina three times, but oddly, it's really not a favorite, so we need to stop defaulting to that one. Pasta is pasta and usually available at the buffet. Their meat entrees are just so-so, nothing really special there for us. The menu at Bistro does not appeal to DH usually, who is picky, but I have heard it is very nice there.

It's easy. If you really like meat, and want the Brazilian Steakhouse type meal, then Moderno is a no brainer. If that's not really your thing, then La Cucina would be a better fit. Le Bistro and Cagney's for sure. Though I personally thought Bayamo was worth the extra $15/pp - but only if you plan on going for the "expensive" seafood options like Surf and Turf, Stone Crab, etc. Enjoying some stone crab claws on the waterfront and watching the sun set was pretty damn awesome.

Thank you all, it appears that everyone's tastes are different, all are good in their own way. I think I narrowed it down to Cagney's and Le Bistro for sure and a toss up between La Cucina and Moderno. I will end up ordering meat at each restaurant and my bride will end up with some sort of seafood. Typing this up looks like it should be, Le Bistro, Cagney's and Moderno for us.

We enjoyed both Cagneys and La Cucina on our early April Escape cruise. Best steak I had on board was the Gorgonzola crusted filet at La Cucina. Great Crab Cake appetizer at Cagney's. We also enjoyed Le Bistro, but we quit going to Modernos several cruises ago.

Pay the add'tl $15 and do Bayonne as 1 of them

I agreed with this for Bayamo for our prior cruises on the Escape, but we didn't enjoy it on our April cruise. They had changed to a new menu and I think they were having problems with execution. My Lobster tail was NOT good and salad tasted 'off'.... definitely not what we had enjoyed there on several prior cruises.

We cancelled our 2nd reservation at Bayamo that week and went back to Cagneys'. Pincho Tapas, Cagneys and La Cucina were our favorites in April plus we had excellent service in all of them. Filled out more Hero cards than usual:)

For reference, this was our 7th cruise on the Escape and it's still our favorite ship (so far!)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking Bayamo may be worth the $15 upcharge. Is this upcharge per person and I would add another 20%; ($18*2= $36)?

The upcharge is per person, yes, and I would think they add gratuity to it but I can't remember. What I can say is that it's worth it only if you get the expensive seafood options. Lobster, king crab, etc. We really enjoyed an awesome seafood dinner out on the waterfront at Bayamo.