Carnival Dream Flooded

MikeMA

That raises a good question. I wonder how affected everyone else on the ship was. I guess for sure the guests in the 50 or so cabins, but I wonder if the displaced people having to take up other space on the ship, and the staff having to do extra cleanup caused areas to be off limits or regular services to be hindered because of the lack of staff due to the cleanup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly, what does it matter to you? Some underlying reason for your curiousty?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

so judgemental posters here.

I also go on other decks, didnt know it was so unusual. I might drop down a deck from lido if its raining. I might go up or down if i have a cabin on a deck that doesnt go thru. If I eat on deck 3 aft and go to a show afterwards, i either go up or down and often walk thru a deck Im not on with cabins.

I had no idea it was so unusual to be on decks where my cabin isnt.

Definition of Unusual

- not normal

- different or strange in a way that attracts attention

- not commonly seen

The fact that pretty much everyone doesn’t do this and has pointed that out is what defines unusual

You know how profitable a company is by there quarterly statements. Carnival is a billion dollar profit company every year according to there quarterly statement. And those are always doctored they make more

Number 1---- that is Carnival Corp, not Carnival cruise Line

Number 2----doctoring books??? Really?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That raises a good question. I wonder how affected everyone else on the ship was. I guess for sure the guests in the 50 or so cabins, but I wonder if the displaced people having to take up other space on the ship, and the staff having to do extra cleanup caused areas to be off limits or regular services to be hindered because of the lack of staff due to the cleanup.

Now that is really funny. Maybe everybody on every Carnival ship was affected. Maybe it affects all future cruisers for years to come. Gotta love cruisecritic

Now that is really funny. Maybe everybody on every Carnival ship was affected. Maybe it affects all future cruisers for years to come. Gotta love cruisecritic

Make that every Seabourn ship, they're owned by Carnival Corp & PLC, too :halo:

Mike, where are you getting your information that it's OK to repost images and videos as long as they were posted on a public website? You seem to be very defensive about this, but your information is not accurate. The odds are that the person who took those pictures is not going to care that you reposted them here, but that doesn't make it legal.

Photos and videos are the property of the person who took them and, with very limited exceptions, they cannot be used by others withut permission, even if they were posted on a public website such as Fecebook. I know this because the Rights and Clearances lawyers at The Walt Disney Company where I worked were very strict about this. We could not take pictures and videos from people's social media pages without their permission. That's why all the photos and videos of this incident that you've seen on the news are credited to the owners.

Tom.

Mike, where are you getting your information that it's OK to repost images and videos as long as they were posted on a public website? You seem to be very defensive about this, but your information is not accurate. The odds are that the person who took those pictures is not going to care that you reposted them here, but that doesn't make it legal.

Photos and videos are the property of the person who took them and, with very limited exceptions, they cannot be used by others withut permission, even if they were posted on a public website such as Fecebook. I know this because the Rights and Clearances lawyers at The Walt Disney Company where I worked were very strict about this. We could not take pictures and videos from people's social media pages without their permission. That's why all the photos and videos of this incident that you've seen on the news are credited to the owners.

Tom.

if it wasnt ok, then report it and quit arguing. This is up to the mods, argue with them. please take it elsewhere

If you are correct then the mods probably by now would have removed the thread.

I had a sexual picture got posted to a sex website ... I can promise I never gave permission. I didnt fight it, doubted I could prove it was me and that i didnt give permission. had to pay to even contact them and join. things are not as easy and black and white as some here think.

Im interested in what happened, the compensation etc... what Carnival did and have to keep reading a bunch of judgement posts. (like people know what Im thinking because I asked who got the compensation).

lots of people here who would benefit from not assuming they know stuff they may or may not know from extrapolating to this instance.

Edited by firefly333

so judgemental posters here.

I asked a neutral question and so many people want to jump me its amusing.

You never know, so I asked. Thanks to those who answered. I just was curious.

This thread is the poster child for what's wrong with these forums.

This thread is the poster child for what's wrong with these forums.

I left for over a year, got tired of people arguing for arguments sake and feeling like this site treats posters like kids ...

But I got cruise fever and its a Carnival cruise I am hoping drops in price. ucck.

But yea it might be a good time to dissapear for another year. People arguing over what is up to the mods to decide. lol. if not for arguments, we might get some information easier on this site.

There's always someone who believes in conspiracy theories....

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Why is it all the conspiracy hacks can't get they're heads around "their, there, & they're?"

Their are times I don't think there even trying.

Mike, where are you getting your information that it's OK to repost images and videos as long as they were posted on a public website?

It's called "fair use." It's a legal term. So please get over it and stop continuing this madness for goodness sake.

(yes, I realize I'm also guilty for responding)

This story appeared today on the local TV news for Long Island ,NY.

The affected passengers have been given a full refund of their cruise fare according to that report.

Since I heard the story today on the news, I looked for a thread about it on CC.

Sure enough, there are 11pages of posts about the flooding situation.

This story appeared today on the local TV news for Long Island ,NY.

The affected passengers have been given a full refund of their cruise fare according to that report.

Since I heard the story today on the news, I looked for a thread about it on CC.

Sure enough, there are 11pages of posts about the flooding situation.

it is also on my local tv new too and on facebook

Capture.png

it is also on my local tv new too and on facebook

Capture.png

"Water gushed down a hallway" Check. "A" hallway.

"There was a small fire" False -- some sparks for a second or two before breaker popped.

"Sleep on yoga mats in the spa" False -- that was Plan B, but they got new bedding in time.

"Nightmare"ish news coverage. It's gotta bleed to lead.

Aquahoound, it is not "fair use." You're correct that fair use is a legal term, but fair use must be approved by a lawyer. I have had this discussion with lawyers many times. They are very cautious on this subject. Fair use involves news organizations, and there are limits on how much material can be fair used. Fair use does not give you the right to indiscriminately use someone else's photos and videos even though they are posted on a public site.

My purpose in posting was not to criticize the reposting of the photos on this thread. It was to dispel the common misbelief that if something is posted on a public wesite such as Facebook that anyone can use it without the permission of the owner of the material.

Thanks. Tom.

I left for over a year, got tired of people arguing for arguments sake and feeling like this site treats posters like kids ...

But I got cruise fever and its a Carnival cruise I am hoping drops in price. ucck.

But yea it might be a good time to dissapear for another year. People arguing over what is up to the mods to decide. lol. if not for arguments, we might get some information easier on this site.

I can totally relate to what you're saying, and I agree. This is probably symptomatic of what's wrong with the world of social media. Sad, but it is what it is. 😕

"There was a small fire" False -- some sparks for a second or two before breaker popped.

"Sleep on yoga mats in the spa" False -- that was Plan B, but they got new bedding in time.

The reality distortion filter is fully in effect. But, remember, ratings are important for the advertising revenue for the stations.

Which is why I stopped watching the news ages ago. I can get better details through the Internet.

Tom.

Disney is for profit, the op is not.

Difference.

"Nightmare"ish news coverage. It's gotta bleed to lead.

If you weren't there you don't know any of that, for certain.

Tom.

Tom, I believe you are conflating copyright law and Disney corporate policy.

Disney has a much more restrictive policy because it does not want to stand as

deep-pocket defendant in a spurious lawsuit.